It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chernobyl Series on HBO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
OMG is anyone watching this. Its like a real life horror movie. Just horrific but riveting at the same time. I have to say, its scaring the sh*t out of me.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I've been watching this and the actions from the people involved in trying to manage the disaster are cringe worthy.

And you're right, it does come across as horror, especially when you're fairly certain these guys know what's actually going on but they either ignore the obvious or pretend it's not reality.

edit on 20-5-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Oh this sounds interesting! But I don't have HBO

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I'm enjoying this mini-series. It gets better each episode.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I havnt seen it, but people at work were talking about it today. They said it was good, and I should watch it.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24382035]openminded2011[

Its absolutely is riveting, the acting is superb. Watched the first 2 episodes back to back.

Have watched many documentaries about Chernobyl but this on a different level. Watching the General immediately volunteer to drive the truck up to the site to get an accurate reading instead of ordering someone, lots of people made sacrifices. So well done

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I kept thinking how little the Japanese learned from the Chernobyl incident while watching the first two parts. Lots of coverups went on in Japan too. Reminds me of the mindset of the supposedly professionals during the Flint Water incident too, then people want to blame it on the Governor who was just listening to the states professionals. The Governor didn't have knowledge in that, he believed in the people with degrees who would have lost their reputation if the truth came out, just like the Russian government officials did in the Chernobyl movie.

Many of Our nuclear power plants here in the USA are built in areas where they should never have been built, Congressmen wanted them in their state and some are built on fault lines, others in areas that could be flooded. I think that politics chose the location of those power plants.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Everyone watch the new Lucifer yet?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The way I described this series to someone was "quietly terrifying" but I like your "real life horror movie" descriptor better. The atmosphere and mood of this mini-series is so freaking unsettling. I wish it were available on more streaming services.

a reply to: putnam6

No joke, I watched the first two episodes back to back on Wednesday and then watched them again yesterday. Will probably watch the 3 out now again in the next week. Insanely good.

edit on 5/20/2019 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Damn it. When did it start? Gonna have to catch up?

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
Damn it. When did it start? Gonna have to catch up?

it's just on episode 3 started on May 6th,dont know how many episodes there will be. Its really an easy watch if you are into this kind of stuff.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Its going to be 5 parts, probably good because its not easy to watch. But its one of the best things I have ever seen on TV.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreeFalling
Oh this sounds interesting! But I don't have HBO

It will probably come out on DVD.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   

If the World used the Air Force design for nuclear power plants instead of the Navy design Chernobyl would not have happened.

Air Force Design of Nuclear Power Plant

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The Chernobyl plants design should have been a crime against humanity.
Just shows how foolish the soviet state was at the time.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

If the World used the Air Force design for nuclear power plants instead of the Navy design Chernobyl would not have happened.

Air Force Design of Nuclear Power Plant

He certainly glosses over all the other issues with thorium reactors.

top topics

join