It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Trump accounting firm to hand over records to Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The problem we the people have with this is that they are not investigating a crime.

They are investigating until they find a crime.

+4 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Executive priviledge doesn't apply when the matter involved bank and income tax fraud before he became an executive.

Is that what they are accusing Trump of?

Where's the evidence? Where's the foundation for the investigation?

+6 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
The problem we the people have with this is that they are not investigating a crime.

Yeah, I mean, WTF!

Is innocence until proven guilty totally gone now?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

BEEN said here before they had better find something that sticks unless the plan is to continue these investigations just to create a stalemate and wear out the voters. Cause if this gets shut down or nothing comes from it, it just makes him stronger. Right or wrong lot of voters see it as being railroaded and will vote accordingly. It just reeks of desperation, who would have thought the reality star, the bull in a china shop President would be so vexing to the Democrats.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Executive priviledge doesn't apply when the matter involved bank and income tax fraud before he became an executive.

SCOTUS will ultimately decide that, not you or I.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Cohen's testimony

+6 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is that what they are accusing Trump of?

Where's the evidence? Where's the foundation for the investigation?

We have to investigate to find reasons for an investigation, DB. Come on now, you know how their logic works.

+5 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Cohen's testimony

Link?

Source?

Evidence from a guy who's in jail for lying.

Proof?

ANYTHING ELSE?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If trump has nothing to hide he should welcome the investigation. Or do we excuse our leaders just because they mirror our ideology?

The GOP impeached Clinton for a Blowjob and lying about it.

www.history.com...
edit on 20-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Then who let him run for president? If he was guilty of fraud before he ran. Isn't someone supposed to look into all this prior to them becoming president.
My head is starting to spin.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Nope pretty sure in order for it to be considered executive privilege the action has to take place while you are the executive. By what I understand his lawyers didn't even use it as an argument.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Eventually, they'll just have to settle and charge him with "Orange Man Bad" after everything else fails.

And the scary part is it might actually work.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I care nothing for Trump, I care about my rights as a citizen, no idea why you don't.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Everytime I hear about the "next" thing for a trump impeachment I just think of that scene in the original ghostbusters(I'd make a meme if I cared enough to).

When the receptionists gets the first call. Her excitement on the phone then immediately standing up and shouting "We got one" while hitting the alarm.

That's literally all this crap has boiled down to now. Waiting for the next "big one" so you can hit the buzzer.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: abe froman

Yeah, I mean, WTF!

Is innocence until proven guilty totally gone now?

With this Congress, yes it is.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If trump has nothing to hide he should welcome the investigation. Or do we excuse our leaders just because they mirror our ideology?

www.history.com...

Not a fan of Clinton but that was partisan bullship politics at its worst,just like this is too.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Hey according to some on the right Obama wasn't a natural born citizen. So if that was possible then so isn't trump getting through the venting process.

+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: dawnstar

Then who let him run for president? If he was guilty of fraud before he ran. Isn't someone supposed to look into all this prior to them becoming president.
My head is starting to spin.

Yeah kinda like the last guys records sealed as his very first step in office and courts ruling no standing every case, yup got it orange guy syndrome at play here.

Dems win they automatically lose with precedence set and their own records. Ask and ye shall receive or fixing to get much more than they asked for IMHO

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: olaru12

www.history.com...

Not a fan of Clinton but that was partisan bullship politics at its worst,just like this is too.

Even trumps German bank says there are some questionable deals. They shouldn't be investigated?

www.politico.com...

+6 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
A child could have decided this. Congress has a right to investigate the president. THAT’S THEIR JOB.

The people balking are hypocrites of immense proportions. Imagine Obama or Hillary trying to impede a legitimate congressional investigation how they would be howling like pigs—coverup.

Trump will lose this handily. Only a corrupt SCOTUS would allow Trump to avoid what's in the constitution.

So it's their job? I thought their job was to pass legislation. I really cannot find where in the constitution that is says, " Congress shall investigate the President".

If you actually read the legal opinion, its a bit of a reach. It actually opens with exactly why blanket investigations are ripe for political abuse, and that its a bad thing only to then argue that he should defer because.... its Congress and we should just assume that it related to passing legislation. How this has anything to do with legislating is quite the imaginative spin.

Courts have grappled for more than a century with the question of the scope of Congress’s
investigative power. The binding principle that emerges from these judicial decisions is that courts
must presume Congress is acting in furtherance of its constitutional responsibility to legislate and
must defer to congressional judgments about what Congress needs to carry out that purpose. To be
sure, there are limits on Congress’s investigative authority. But those limits do not substantially
constrain Congress. So long as Congress investigates on a subject matter on which “legislation
could be had,” Congress acts as contemplated by Article I of the Constitution.

www.scribd.com...

edit on 20-5-2019 by timequake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join