It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Trump accounting firm to hand over records to Congress

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: timequake

Which don't you understand.... oversight? Or job?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Do I really need to remind you that the White Water real estate deal that Ken Star was investigating and which resulted in the impeachment of Bill Clinton occurred before he was president too.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Do I really need to remind you that the White Water real estate deal that Ken Star was investigating and which resulted in the impeachment of Bill Clinton occurred before he was president too.

history=epic fail.

Bill Clinton was impeached due to perjury, lying under oath. About a blowjob. All the other scandals, and bad things were just extra.

www.history.com...

not that you EVER consider facts before you post.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Clinton lied under oath while he was a sitting President.

If at first (and 2nd and 3rd and 4th and 5th....) you don't succeed, why try again? 😆

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

If at first (and 2nd and 3rd and 4th and 5th....) you don't succeed, why try again? 😆

Remember Benghazi!!!!

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: xuenchen

Remember Benghazi!!!!

Naw, a few American lives are not a big deal, they were "expendable". As long as the policy and agenda was in tact.
amirite?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But think really hard. Why did Clinton find himself in front of congress lying about his sexual misadventures to begin with?
You usually investigate before you indict or impeach.
We are still waiting for trump to sit down and answer the questions.
edit on 22-5-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

But think really hard. Why did Clinton find himself in front of congress lying about his sexual misadventures to begin with?

What questions are those? The one's Mueller asked? he got answers.

Seriously, Trump has been investigated more thoroughly than any other president in modern history. It looks an awful lot like the dems really just want to keep looking until they find something to point at.

I can only hope that the adults who have been really quiet up till now, send the asshole crybabies to a badly needed time out. Can you imagine if this became the new way we do things in the USA? Don't like the results of an election, super! Have investigations one after the other until you find a crime. If you don't, then at least you wasted an ass load of taxpayer time on butt hurt tantrums.

I can't help but think the American people are tired of this and just want things done. Like Infrastructure. Apparently a strong economy only pleases republicans.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986
Yeah like Russia just purchased some Facebook ads.

Thats pretty much all they did...

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yepper, as far as I'm concerned Trump could be a cartel kingpin and I couldn't care less. As long as those whiny bitches called the Democrat Party aren't in power I'm down with about anything. Sick of listening to the stupid arrogant #ricks run their mouths with their insane bullchit and sick of watching them pour taxpayer dollars down the f'n drain for absolutely nothing. America is screwed if they ever obtain and keep power again, its bad enough as it is with these idiots in the picture.........and Yes I'm being dead serious.

edit on 22-5-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
The Mueller Report left a lot of questions unanswered,

You could say it that way, sure...

Or, you could say that The Mueller Report engaged in a lot of innuendo and smear tactics to try to give the Dems in Congress some ammo for trying to smear Trump and or Barr for a while longer.

delegating that responsibility to Congress,

Sorry, you are confused. The final report was delivered by Mueller to his boss, the AG, for final disposition.

Congress had and has no right to any of it.

as well as a blueprint for alleged criminality (namely, obstruction).

Yeah, a few things outlined that may or may not amount to obstruction. But Mueller knew that he couldn't make a case, so instead of doing his job and just saying so, he punted, but in a way that made it sound like there was more there than there actually was, knowing full well, the MSM talking heads and Dems in Congress would take it and run with it.

Thanksfully, the AG saw right through that and said 'nothing there'.

If there's nothing to hide, and if there's complete "exoneration," then why the unrelenting effort to stonewall any and every effort to answer the question to which Congress seeks the answer?

Trump totally cooperated in any and all aspects of the Mueller investigation wioth one exception - he refused to be put in a position of being vulnerable to a perjury trap, but agreed to answer any/all questions in writing, which he did. In every other way, he fully cooperated, as did any/all of his staff.

Now that the investigation is over, he is - rightfully - saying enough is enough, and refuses to play their game any more.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

By all means, please point to Congress' delegation of authority to engage in 'oversight' in the Constitution.

Don't waste your time, it isn't there.

There are a number of things that could be stretched to maybe, possibly include some form of oversight, but nothing - I repeat NOTHING - even remotely delegating a power to engage in fishing expeditions, not of the President, or anyone else

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Yes, but you also must have specific and articulable facts suggesting that a crime has been committed before opening up a formal investigation.

What specific and articulable facts suggest Trump committed any actual crimes?

Really? So you were out the day he answered Muellers questions?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

No stay and the accounting firm already had the documentation ready to go before trump sued to stop them.
FedEx was probably there before the ink on the ruling was dry.
Pelosi and the crew probably have them in their hands already.

Did Pelosi get em yet?

Lol

Your track record of knowing things is spot on lately

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Judge tells Deutschewww.rawstory.com... Bank and Capital One to turn over Trump’s financial records to Democrats

Make his records public to the taxpayers, trump has nothing to hide.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Other than Democrats lying and using things to attack Trump that are not illegal.

I say give them to the Democrats, with the caveat that if they get leaked the Democrats all go to jail.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Judge refuses to block House subpoenas for Trump bank records

New York (CNN)A federal judge in New York on Wednesday refused to block subpoenas from the House of Representatives for President Donald Trump's financial records from Deutsche Bank and Capital One.

The ruling from Judge Edgardo Ramos is the second in three days against Trump and his efforts to stop to thwart congressional investigations by Democrats.

Earlier this week, a judge in Washington, DC, said Trump's former accounting firm would have to comply with a subpoena from Congress, knocking down the President's legal challenge within days of hearing arguments in the case. Trump's legal team appealed on Tuesday, but the Memorial Day subpoena date still stands because the appeals court has not yet intervened.

CNN

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: olaru12

Other than Democrats lying and using things to attack Trump that are not illegal.

I say give them to the Democrats, with the caveat that if they get leaked the Democrats all go to jail.

The leaks will come out of the WH; trumps staff is short on loyalty. The GOP will also have access to the records.

on a side note....

www.cnn.com...

edit on 22-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

a reply to: timequake

I'm sorry, did you not understand the question? I asked you to elaborate on how you feel that oversight of the President is a role of Congress.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The people balking are hypocrites of immense proportions. Imagine Obama or Hillary trying to impede a legitimate congressional investigation how they would be howling like pigs—coverup.

Imagine? Lol....where were you from 2008-2016? We really don’t have to imagine anything.

Are you one of these people running around saying “no scandals?” Haha.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join