It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Trump accounting firm to hand over records to Congress

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
is Hillary guilty?

Guilty as sin, and all of the evidence is in plain site - and in fact, much of it is summarized quite nicely by one James Comey in his speech where he lays it all out, then has the gall to say he was declining to prosecute.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah, I mean, WTF! Is innocence until proven guilty totally gone now?

You ever heard trump and his supporters chant and or type right here on this site... 'lock her up'?.... does that burn your britches too or is Hillary guilty?

I don't see the connection.

You're equating a chant from Trump supporters to the coup attempt on a sitting president?

I haven't seen that much stretching since I tried on yoga pants!

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: timequake

Oversight is also their job.

Do elaborate.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
The Constitution of the United States is what has always made us Great, so sad to see so many put one man above this. Many have attempted to destroy the Constitution and have failed, not surprising to see the party that supports traitor's of the Constitution and the USA like defeated civil war generals have problems witnessing the check and balance work like it was designed.

Is this putting a man above the Constitution, or is this a case of a politically corrupt political party (#theresistance) tossing it aside, abusing their position to put forth fishing "investigations" to harrass a sitting President? They literally promised nonstop investigations even before they came up with excuses to run investigations. That isn't the role of the legistature. It never has been. It still isn't. They are simply not able to publicly accept that their first "investigation" failed.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
The problem we the people have with this is that they are not investigating a crime.

They are investigating until they find a crime.

The Mueller Report left a lot of questions unanswered, delegating that responsibility to Congress, as well as a blueprint for alleged criminality (namely, obstruction).

Congress wants the answers, and it is their Constitutional duty and right to seek the answers to those questions when it involves the President of the United States and possible subversion of the rule of law. It's called oversight and checks and balances for the rule of law.

If there's nothing to hide, and if there's complete "exoneration," then why the unrelenting effort to stonewall any and every effort to answer the question to which Congress seeks the answer?
edit on 21-5-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

a reply to: BrianFlanders

Right... but the thread is about tax records...

From the original post...

Washington (CNN)A federal district judge has told the accounting firm Mazars it will need to turn over Donald Trump's accounting records from before he was Presidentto the Democratic-controlled House Oversight Committee.

In a 41-page opinion, Judge Amit Mehta of the DC District Court rejected Trump's attempt to block the committee's subpoena, asserting that Congress is well within its authority to investigate the President.

At any rate, the rationale is that they're apparently looking for dirt. If the goal is to find dirt, there's more than one place to look for it. If someone wanted to find dirt on Trump, they could probably find some (if any was there) in any of his personal financial records. Therefore, the same would hold true of any past or present politician.

Therefore, you're splitting more hairs than necessary in order to avoid my point.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It was not delegated to Congress. Can you show me where Mueller left the decision to congress and not Barr?

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah, I mean, WTF! Is innocence until proven guilty totally gone now?

You ever heard trump and his supporters chant and or type right here on this site... 'lock her up'?.... does that burn your britches too or is Hillary guilty?

I haven't seen that much stretching since I tried on yoga pants!

I call baloney. Pics or it didn't happen...

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: abe froman
The problem we the people have with this is that they are not investigating a crime.

They are investigating until they find a crime.

The Mueller Report left a lot of questions unanswered, delegating that responsibility to Congress, as well as a blueprint for alleged criminality (namely, obstruction).

Congress wants the answers, and it is their Constitutional duty and right to seek the answers to those questions when it involves the President of the United States and possible subversion of the rule of law. It's called oversight and checks and balances for the rule of law.

If there's nothing to hide, and if there's complete "exoneration," then why the unrelenting effort to stonewall any and every effort to answer the question to which Congress seeks the answer?

Very grandiose. Its also false. Basic civics: the legislative branch is a check on the other branches by way of the "purse". They control the $$$. They also pass legislation. They are singularly a legislative body. They are not an investigatory body. It not a Constitutional duty. If it was, it would have been written in then Constitution. It isn't. Neither is it a right. Congress, as a body politic, is not bestowed rights. In fact the Constitution expressly limits Congress' Authority... to legislating.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Whoa! Whoa! Wait! Wait!

Europe isn't biased against smokers? Legit question.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

a reply to: M5xaz

It is not a fishing expedition. There is certainly evidence already to warrant further investigation.

If there is, just use standard procedure, use that supposed "evidence" in front of Judge like in ALL normal criminal cases, and GET A WARRANT.

While there is NO evidence on Trump, there is plenty of evidence a number of players LIED to the FISA court, a felony.

And, there is even more evidence Hillary's "foundation" got MILLIONS from RUSSIA to betray the US and allow the sale of US uranium mines to RUSSIA

Don't worry....the low level deplorables in the FBI are well on the way to knifing Hillary in the back, with Barr soon to gift her a nice shiny pair of bracelets.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
edit on 21-5-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
DP

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: M5xaz

Fishing expeditions?
This is not fishing expeditions it’s the right of Congress to choose like Watergate and Whitewater its own investigation.
Trumps acts as of now are as bad as Nixon’s.

Were you worried about “fishing expeditions” when the GOP was investigating Clinton on Whitewater?

Everything you said s false and based on Trumps known lies

And Hillary didn't try like Trump to cover-up his crimes

Hillary deleted 30 000 emails, UNDER SUBPOENA ( e.g. court order to preserve and produce said documents and NOT to delete) related to her scandal illegally keeping classified information at home.

Spying on a political opponent like Obama did by LYING to the FISA court regarding the fake dossier is a FELONY and much worse than Watergate.

Bill Clinton lied under oath to Congress, it's a matter of record which is why he was impeached.

The IRS did admit it illegally persecuted conservative groups and did legally settle
www.reuters.com...

Just to make the above easier for you to understand, it means the DoJ admitted Obama used the IRS to persecute opposition groups because of their political leanings.

NO ONE ELSE IN US HISTORY, BEFORE OBAMA, FROM EITHER THE LEFT OR RIGHT, HAS EVER USED THE IRS TO PERSECUTE THE OPPOSITION.

I gave you facts and sources above.
Who exactly is lying again ?? ...Mirror, mirror on the wall....

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
DP

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

So the "Trump/Russia collusion" was shown to be a lie, yet you want judges who are making unConstitutional rulings to continue looking for something which never happened?...

Mueller has already turned upside down POTUS Trump's entire life and didn't find SH33T... What makes you think another moron left-winger will find anything? More so when there is no evidence to start yet another moronic investigation which was all a political motivated stunt...

But worry not, the REAL investigation will show your idols to be the real draconian authoritarians.

edit on 22-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

So the "Trump/Russia collusion" was shown to be a lie, yet you want judges who are making unConstitutional rulings to continue looking for something which never happened?...

What unconstitutional rulings, can you be specific?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I can..................

🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Demanding POTUS Trump taxes, demanding the release of his accounting records when there is no evidence he did anything wrong...

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Well Yeah...

zi Fourth Amendment 😎

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Women here aren't owned like property, people here aren't chopped up for having a religious belief other than Muslim, people here are free to speak as they want. People here can have any career they strive for. People here don't have to do jack # if they don't want to. You're ignorance is no surprise.

So I'll just say this once.

STFU dip#

I've been to five different countries.
I know whats going on around this world first hand.

You should provide more of an example than just a lame ass opinionated reply pal.

You don't have to believe me, I don't care one bit.
I know for a fact, that if the global communist agenda succeeded in eliminating freedom in America, there are no other places to flee to.

I honestly do not give one Fu ck how many snowflakes I melt down. I just do not care about millennials or their ignorantly blind cookie cutter opinions.

You take your bull# elsewhere troll.

Yeah, I said it. And I still don't give a flying F.

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join