It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders Trump accounting firm to hand over records to Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Washington (CNN)A federal district judge has told the accounting firm Mazars it will need to turn over Donald Trump's accounting records from before he was President to the Democratic-controlled House Oversight Committee.

In a 41-page opinion, Judge Amit Mehta of the DC District Court rejected Trump's attempt to block the committee's subpoena, asserting that Congress is well within its authority to investigate the President.

CNN

The checks and balances of our Constitutional Republic on full display today. We will find out soon if Trump is compromised or not, not that it would matter to his faithful.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The Supreme Court is going to decide this one. The Supreme Court itself is turning into a partisan joke. But both parties have been a do nothing joke for quite some time now.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Washington (CNN)A federal district judge has told the accounting firm Mazars it will need to turn over Donald Trump's accounting records from before he was President to the Democratic-controlled House Oversight Committee.

In a 41-page opinion, Judge Amit Mehta of the DC District Court rejected Trump's attempt to block the committee's subpoena, asserting that Congress is well within its authority to investigate the President.

CNN

The checks and balances of our Constitutional Republic on full display today. We will find out soon if Trump is compromised or not, not that it would matter to his faithful.
]

Nor would it matter to his haters

I'm confused, though- is this an ORDER or an OPINION?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I'm getting up early tomorrow so I can read trumps tweets. They should be classic.

+43 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why is the stench of desperation so strong with you?

Do you really think this is your saving grace? Do you really think that his records are going to be the GOTCHA moment?

Your reasons for wanting this, like the crooked dems, is tainted, you honestly don't care and you never did, but because Orange Man Bad, you suddenly give a crap?

...and when this reveals nothing, what than? hmmm?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

The judge didn't issue a stay and the company was preparing to send congress what they wanted before trump brought on the lawsuit.
The docs will be out the door by sundown on their way to congress.

+11 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
IMPEACHMENT ANY SECOND!

*fap* *fap* *fap*

+15 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm getting up early tomorrow so I can read trumps tweets. They should be classic.

Damn, gotta love the power Trump has over these people

+6 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Obama appointed Judge 😆

Not too obvious is it 😆

They'll get a stay from the Appeals Court since Judge Amit Mehta automatically denied a stay 🤖

🍊🚬

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I'm confused, though- is this an ORDER or an OPINION?

A legal opinion issued by a judge is the explanation on why they ordered a certain decision.

+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
AMIT MEHTA was appointed by Obama and picked by the House to review this case for a reason...

www.darpanmagazine.com...

twitter.com...

edit on 5/20/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Then my question is: Are these records going to be open to the public?

+3 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Trump is doomed, y'all finally got him.

In fact, I'm jumping ship as I type this.

Screw trump.

GERONIMO!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You know, in a way, this is Trumps way of parrying House overreach.

Clearly they are operated under false pretenses, already investigated through the some of millions of dollars and now this over reach is simply an attempt to help the Dems when 2020.

In response, Trumps cunning and experience gives him the ability of "Full Counter", therefore returning said beaucratic BS into the pipeline, thus continueing to delay them in their over reach.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
A child could have decided this. Congress has a right to investigate the president. THAT’S THEIR JOB.

The people balking are hypocrites of immense proportions. Imagine Obama or Hillary trying to impede a legitimate congressional investigation how they would be howling like pigs—coverup.

Trump will lose this handily. Only a corrupt SCOTUS would allow Trump to avoid what's in the constitution.

+6 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
The checks and balances of our Constitutional Republic on full display today.

Will you say the same when the SCOTUS grants an injunction and then overturns this lower court, citing Executive Privilege?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Probably less so than little Monica's sex life was.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Probably less so than little Monica's sex life was.

She was an open... book.

+22 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

A subpoena for what?

What are they accusing Trump of?

Or is this kangaroo court going to make up something to accuse Trump of after they try to find something in his records?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Executive priviledge doesn't apply when the matter involved bank and income tax fraud before he became an executive.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join