It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA tests show 30 percent of detained migrants unrelated to their claimed children

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

DNA tests of migrant children arrested at the US-Mexico border with their families have revealed the minors were not related to the adults accompanying them

"In these cases, they are misrepresented as family members"

A record number of South American immigrants have passed into the US in recent months using a loophole which allows those arriving with children to avoid detention and swift deportation.
Source

First, let's get some data straight from U.S. Customs and Border Protection to put this into perspective. How many migrants are being detained? Well, in April of this year alone - repeat - in APRIL ALONE - just under 100,000 migrants were caught illegally crossing the border. That's 98,977 IN ONE MONTH - and those were just the ones that got caught.
It turns out that there's a sort of legal loophole that makes it easier for migrants to gain entry into the US if they have their children with them. As a result, migrants are flooding across the border with children in unprecedented numbers. The US Immigration and Customs Enforcement decided to begin a program to start doing DNA testing on all of these migrants with children to make sure they were actually related to the children they were claiming belonged to them. Turns out that around 30% of the migrants bringing children with them, supposedly their own, are actually completely unrelated to said children.
What I'm wondering is... What happens to all of these children once they get set loose with the predators who used them to get in? Does anyone honestly believe that this system isn't allowing for sexual exploitation of children to absolutely flourish?

CBP.GOV migration stats

+6 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This is known and was pointed out, Democrats refuse to address it.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

This is known and was pointed out, Democrats refuse to address it.

Anything for votes and donations. Doesn't matter how many kids are trafficked or women are raped.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Check DNA with murdered women...

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

People have been sending their children for a future in the 'promise' land with those willing to make the journey for thousands of years. Along the way it's an unfortunate reality that those children will be exploited or just lost in the midst of things.

My grandfather was sent by himself when he was a kid to New York City with his older second cousin and ended up in Halifax split from him. Thankfully some of his older brothers made it to the same place and heard he was there.

Migration the legal way takes forever, and migration the alternative ways are all over the place.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The headline seems a little misleading, if you read the article and see the quote,

In a pilot program conducted by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) DNA tests were being taken of immigrants who are suspected of arriving at America’s southern border with children who were not theirs.

In other words, their not saying that 30% of all immigrants arriving in the US with minors have been found to be unrelated... But rather that 30% of immigrants who were already suspected by border control of not being related to the minors they arrived with have been found to be unrelated.

It's actually a pretty low number when put into perspective.

It'd be like saying only 30% of people that are suspected of drug possession and are pulled from there car and put face down on the concrete actually end up having drugs on them.

+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I would agree on the surface, however, presuming even 10% are suspicious, 30% of that is about 3,000 potential traffickers every month. Taken in context that is a huge number, trafficking 3000-6000 kids per month.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I would agree on the surface, however, presuming even 10% are suspicious, 30% of that is about 3,000 potential traffickers every month. Taken in context that is a huge number, trafficking 3000-6000 kids per month.

Cheers - Dave

Well the number is much less than what is being pushed by the misleading thread title.
Also, I'm sure that while that's a lot of kids being trafficked/abused/raped it's still probably somehow below whatever number "is too many"(a number we seem to never get told) that's needed before people address the matter more seriously.

As for numbers we do know, they have atleast given us one number. ONE, ONE single death of a child is enough rip guns out of everyones hands.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There's an even more frightening statistic than this.
Fathers have been torn from their families in the UK, mothers too. Splitting the family apart. I mean, the parents went to jail for breaking the law, but those families!!! I demand every criminal with a family be released immediately.

This will not surprise anyone with common sense at all.....

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

Well the number is much less than what is being pushed by the misleading thread title.
Also, I'm sure that while that's a lot of kids being trafficked/abused/raped it's still probably somehow below whatever number "is too many"(a number we seem to never get told) that's needed before people address the matter more seriously.

As for numbers we do know, they have atleast given us one number. ONE, ONE single death of a child is enough rip guns out of everyones hands.

If you are implying gun confiscation, I disagree concerning the removal of people's second amendment rights. Criminals kill people, legal gun owners generally do not. I don't care if you own a Mini-gat, a half dozen m4's, a trunk load of handguns, a headhunter, a Barrett m107a, a 9 cell laser guided rocket launcher and a dozen shoulder fire RPG's. If you bought them legally according to laws if your state, you have a right under the constitution to own and use those devices for legal purposes. I would be concerned about large payload bombs and WMD's, nuclear, chemical or biological, I guess that's my line in the sand.

We legal gun owners are generally very responsible, accountable and respect the rights of our neighbors and the laws of our country. Hell, I walked around with a 9mm parabellum and a 44 magnum with semtex packed fragmentation hollow points and I never did anything illegal.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The depth these immigrants will go to to protect the lives of their children!

It's disgusting... Americans would never lie to protect the lives of their kids! That's abominable.

I think if the alt-right can be called The Deplorables, then I dub the immigrants who lie about children The Abominables.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

If Democrats take over, we'll be a sh'it-hole nation like Venezuela in 5 years. Migrant problem solved.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If Democrats take over, we'll be a sh'it-hole nation like Venezuela in 5 years. Migrant problem solved.

Zero point zero percent chance of democrats taking over.
I imagine I’m by 2028 elections people will be asking ‘what’s the democrat party’?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Democrats support child trafficking.

Here's my shocked face.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
There's an even more frightening statistic than this.
Fathers have been torn from their families in the UK, mothers too. Splitting the family apart. I mean, the parents went to jail for breaking the law, but those families!!! I demand every criminal with a family be released immediately.

This will not surprise anyone with common sense at all.....

This is one of my favorite parts of this whole argument. The idea that "separating families" is inhumane for immigrants, despite the fact that we do it to citizens all the time.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Big #ing surprise. 30% of the kids coming across the border are kidnapped from their real parents.

But we cant blame the Dems because who would ever imagine such a thing happening in Mexico of all places???

As far as I know, Mexicans arent 100% White, only half Spanish, so theyre not capable of dispicable acts... My, this one is a real head scratcher, thats for sure...

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

The headline seems a little misleading, if you read the article and see the quote,

In a pilot program conducted by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) DNA tests were being taken of immigrants who are suspected of arriving at America’s southern border with children who were not theirs.

In other words, their not saying that 30% of all immigrants arriving in the US with minors have been found to be unrelated... But rather that 30% of immigrants who were already suspected by border control of not being related to the minors they arrived with have been found to be unrelated.

It's actually a pretty low number when put into perspective.

It'd be like saying only 30% of people that are suspected of drug possession and are pulled from there car and put face down on the concrete actually end up having drugs on them.

Yeah as long as its not a Lot of trafficked kids, its not really a big deal. 30% of suspected people CANT be that much can it? Its not like we are gonna make a big deal over a couple of kids are we?

Meanwhile..

"ZOMG a couple of kids DIED in BP custody! Thats it, abolish ICE, abolish BP, release all detainees and eliminate all borders immediately! THE CHILDREN!!!! THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!! THE CHILLLLLLDREEEEN!!!!!"

Oh but its only a few kids being kidnapped. Subaeruginosa tells me that it is a pretty low number... WHEN you put it in perspective, and that means something. We have no idea what the number is but, we are assured its "a pretty low number" by the resident expert.

So, we can just tell that to the kids when they grow up and ask why we didnt give a #.

"Sorry little mexican boy/girl, we dont give a # because you are a pretty low number when you put it in perspective. Yeah. Didn't think about it That way, did ya? Yeah I know all the libs told you they cared and even encouraged that adult to kidnap you and come here, but that was only because they thought that they could make Trump look bad and score a few points. You understand, right? Orange man bad? Not my president? Hashtag resist? Its alright, one day when you get older youll understand what's Really important."

top topics

join