It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage Hit By Milkshake During Newcastle Walkabout

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Freeborn

Really ? How Many Non Native Born Englishmen Dwell on your Island Today ? You Europeans NEVER Learn a Damn Thing about the Dangers of Subversive Propaganda Inciting the People to Except a Crap Sandwich Decade after Decade and Enjoy Eating It . Guess Personal Freedoms are not on your Top Ten Wish List ..............

It's the UK, not England, maybe you've got more to learn than you think.

Get your facts together and then come back with your rhetoric and perhaps somebody might take you seriously, I doubt it though.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: andy06shake
Do healthy democracies need a wide range of people, i tend to agree, but racists?

I assume you are referring to Farage. I am not a fan of Farage, but I challenge you to find anything he has said or done that is racist. He's also not right wing, which some people ignorantly label him; he's a libertarian.

He wouldn't want to live next door to Romanians, he posed in front of a totally misleading picture of a large group of people that were implied to be immigrants waiting to come into the UK. He talked about how the EU was days away from allowing Turkey to join and the threat that would mean by further immigration from Turkey.

Not quite sure how you define 'racist' but if I look it up in the dictionary it says 'racist': see 'Farage'.

Most of that applies to every MP and political columnist already.
The ones that do live among immigrants live in enclaves of the wealthy where they share the same culture.
Farage said it, but they all do it, its a stupid position to take in regards to Farage when you don't give a thought about all the others.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: andy06shake
Do healthy democracies need a wide range of people, i tend to agree, but racists?

I assume you are referring to Farage. I am not a fan of Farage, but I challenge you to find anything he has said or done that is racist. He's also not right wing, which some people ignorantly label him; he's a libertarian.

He wouldn't want to live next door to Romanians, he posed in front of a totally misleading picture of a large group of people that were implied to be immigrants waiting to come into the UK. He talked about how the EU was days away from allowing Turkey to join and the threat that would mean by further immigration from Turkey.

Not quite sure how you define 'racist' but if I look it up in the dictionary it says 'racist': see 'Farage'.

Most of that applies to every MP and political columnist already.
The ones that do live among immigrants live in enclaves of the wealthy where they share the same culture.
Farage said it, but they all do it, its a stupid position to take in regards to Farage when you don't give a thought about all the others.

I was responding to a post that implied the charge of racism couldn't be made against Farage so not quite sure why you believe it's a stupid position. Not quite sure how many other MPs have posed in front of a picture that shows a huge queue of people with a slogan above it saying words to the effect of the UK is at breaking point when the picture in question had no rational link to the UK or immigrants to the UK.... but then little fear tactics like that seem to work for a lot of people.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Like I said, in that regard, the charge of racism is utter bull and, if you were the tiniest bit honest you would see it for what it is.
namely, people unable to counter the valid points he has made when debating giving up on it and just pulling the racist card to try and derail the debate.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Could someone please explain to me why expressing concerns about open door immigration is by extension racism?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Zanti is one of those who passionately believes he knows what is best for everyone and that he knows better than those who actually live here in the UK what exactly is going on here.

Their 'knowledge' and 'insight' tends to be gained through internet forums, biased and agenda driven news outlets and their own superior intelligence and God given birth right.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Could someone please explain to me why expressing concerns about open door immigration is by extension racism?

Because there is no reasonable counter argument.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Like I said, in that regard, the charge of racism is utter bull and, if you were the tiniest bit honest you would see it for what it is.
namely, people unable to counter the valid points he has made when debating giving up on it and just pulling the racist card to try and derail the debate.

I'm more than a tiny bit honest. If you say 'I wouldn't want a houseful of (insert name of inhabitants country of origin based on whom the Daily Mail is currently targeting) living next door to me' and you tell me you aren't racist, I would tell you that you are talking sh!t.

If (to Freeborns point below the post I'm responding to) you simply say that open immigration is a a concern in the UK and can data the suggests that it really is a concern, that's not the same thing.

Some people - not suggesting anyone on this thread directly - seem to be living in a fantasy land where absolutely no one voted to leave due to racism, general opposition to any immigration and immigrants themselves or pure and simple xenophobia.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Zanti is one of those who passionately believes he knows what is best for everyone and that he knows better than those who actually live here in the UK what exactly is going on here.

Their 'knowledge' and 'insight' tends to be gained through internet forums, biased and agenda driven news outlets and their own superior intelligence and God given birth right.

Well put, it's a shame the poster in question doesn't even appear to have a solid grip on what's going on in their own country.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Like I said, he may voice it in a different way to some, but he isn't saying anything that isn't true of every other MP.

None of them want a houseful of working class people of any bloody race next door.

They all bang on about how great diversity is while only mixing with other millionaires.

Some people do have problems with the house next door suddenly being home to 10 single males just arrived in the country and working for peanuts, coming and going all hours of the day and night and doing the things single males of any race do when they are young, bored and away from their families.

That's not racist, that's just not wanting your quality of life to be reduced.

edit on 38pWed, 22 May 2019 06:01:38 -050020192019-05-22T06:01:38-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: not

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Like I said, he may voice it in a different way to some, but he isn't saying anything that isn't true of every other MP.

None of them want a houseful of working class people of any bloody race next door.

They all bang on about how great diversity is while only mixing with other millionaires.

Some people do have problems with the house next door suddenly being home to 10 single males just arrived in the country and working for peanuts, coming and going all hours of the day and night and doing the things single males of any race do when they are young, bored and away from their families.

That's not racist, that's just not wanting your quality of life to be reduced.

If he doesn't want to be accused of racism he shouldn't make comments that are inherently racist. Sorry, but you saying "but he isn't saying anything that isn't true of every other MP." is wrong on two counts; I'm not sure I've heard a reputable MP say such and thing, and also he's not and never has been an MP. He's tried, multiple times and even at the height of the Brexit wave the voting public soundly rejected him.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

You don't remember that labour mp tweeting the pic of the white van in the driveway of the council house with an England flag in the window then?

Like I alluded to, whatever he says will be twisted into racism because those opposing his point of view re leaving the EU have NO answer.

Talk about VAT - Race card
Talk about the democratic deficit - Race card
Talk about the money - Race card
Talk about freedom - Race card

I swear, if he was out in the park with the sun shining and said what a nice day, people would say he only said that because there weren't any black people in the park.

This record has been stuck so long it's about time people just gave up and tried another.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I was responding to a post that implied the charge of racism couldn't be made against Farage so not quite sure why you believe it's a stupid position. Not quite sure how many other MPs have posed in front of a picture that shows a huge queue of people with a slogan above it saying words to the effect of the UK is at breaking point when the picture in question had no rational link to the UK or immigrants to the UK.... but then little fear tactics like that seem to work for a lot of people.

No it's you making wrong assumptions, probably because this is what you have read rather than actually looking at the evidence for yourself. Otherwise I can't see why you could honestly say such nonsense.

For example... The poster said "the EU has failed us all".
If you watched the unveiling of that poster you would realise it was implying that the EU has failed us all, including other countries in the EU. He also went onto say that after 5 years+ they could get an EU passport and come to our country.

It's also worth noting that after Jo Cox was murdered, they never used that poster again. You only ever got to see it from guess who? The Media, who just loved showing it and then falsely reporting on it.

Another good example is Boris's red £350 million to the NHS bus. That has NOTHING to do with Nigel Farage and he even said multiple times that it's untrue. Yet some remainers somehow think it was him with that bus. That's how the media has brainwashed people.
edit on 83034bAmerica/ChicagoWed, 22 May 2019 06:34:26 -05003119 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You don't remember that labour mp tweeting the pic of the white van in the driveway of the council house with an England flag in the window then?

Like I alluded to, whatever he says will be twisted into racism because those opposing his point of view re leaving the EU have NO answer.

I swear, if he was out in the park with the sun shining and said what a nice day, people would say he only said that because there weren't any black people in the park.

This record has been stuck so long it's about time people just gave up and tried another.

I'm aware of Emily Thornberry, but that doesn't change anything, he said she said arguments are best left in the playground.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

No it's you making wrong assumptions, probably because this is what you have read rather than actually looking at the evidence for yourself. Otherwise I can't see why you could honestly say such nonsense.

For example... The poster said "the EU has failed us all".
If you watched the unveiling of that poster you would realise it was implying that the EU has failed us all, including other countries in the EU. He also went onto say that after 5 years+ they could get an EU passport and come to our country.

It's also worth noting that after Jo Cox was murdered, they never used that poster again. You only ever got to see it from guess who? The Media, who just loved showing it and then falsely reporting on it.

Another good example is Boris's red £350 million to the NHS bus. That has NOTHING to do with Nigel Farage and he even said multiple times that it's untrue. Yet some remainers somehow think it was him with that bus. That's how the media has brainwashed people.

You must be thinking of a different poster - worth checking before making assumptions.

www.campaignlive.co.uk...

I'm well aware he had nothing to do with the specific claim you refer to that was made by Boris Johnson, you presumably think I'm too 'brainwashed' not to have known that? You might want to consider how making such sweeping assumptions makes you look.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I'm aware of Emily Thornberry, but that doesn't change anything, he said she said arguments are best left in the playground.

The point about Thornberry was that MP's in general see all the working classes as scum, whatever their colour.
Yet when people in say, Birmingham moan about the Islamic parents trying to take over their schools (Trojan horse scandal), Pakistani men ganging up to abuse young white girls (pick a bloody town), More Muslim parents preventing schools teaching about equality (Birmingham again) Then they are called racists, by politicians who's kids won't ever have to share space with these people.

All they and poorly informed people like you want is for everyone else to shut up and endure their suffering in silence so that they can carry on shovelling cash under the rug.

I get you can't see an issue with the levels of immigration in the last 20 years, maybe you are just lucky enough not to be in a field adversely affected by it.
That's no excuse for lacking the vision to see how it will be a problem to those who feel a negative impact, whether its people unable to get medical treatment in a reasonable amount of time, get their kid into a safe, decent school or not see their pay and conditions eroded by competition from people who accept the exploitation of employers.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Putting words in my mouth didn't mean I said them. I am talking specifically about derogatory comments Farage has made where he specifically mentioned their race. Anything else you mention - anything, has nothing to do with the point I made regardless of how desperately you and try and twist it.

To call me poorly informed is a little childish when you keep deflecting the point I made.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Well, mister pedant, I believe he mentioned Nationality, rather than race, at least in your quote you said Romanians.

You haven't made a point, you trotted out a false hood and refuse to engage with anyone who tells you why they disagree.
That's fine, but only if you are comfortable looking like a fool in a debate.

You don't care about racism at all I would bet, it's just the ONLY argument you have and however much it's proven to be wrong, it's the only one you use.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Well, mister pedant, I believe he mentioned Nationality, rather than race, at least in your quote you said Romanians.

You haven't made a point, you trotted out a false hood and refuse to engage with anyone who tells you why they disagree.
That's fine, but only if you are comfortable looking like a fool in a debate.

You don't care about racism at all I would bet, it's just the ONLY argument you have and however much it's proven to be wrong, it's the only one you use.

This is pointless because you are just talking nonsense. I was responding to a post by Paraphi who stated that Farage has never said or done anything that could be classed as racist. I begged to differ, posted one occasion where he had done exactly that (how you define race seems to depend on the weather doesn't it, I would suggest he has made several derogatory comments about several Eastern European countries) but you jump in and make claims that I am ignoring immigration levels when you don't have a clue on my thoughts about such because it was nothing to do with the post I was responding to.

I wish sometimes you would grow up or shut up, you often seem quite balanced unless its to do with a particular subject when you tend to act more irrational.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

.... If you say 'I wouldn't want a houseful of (insert name of inhabitants country of origin based on whom the Daily Mail is currently targeting) living next door to me' and you tell me you aren't racist, I would tell you that you are talking sh!t.

I'm being honest, I certainly wouldn't want where I live suddenly inundated with people from certain places.
That's nothing to do with their race or even their creed, but rather with certain customs of theirs that I don't like.

I have some friends in London, old school Rastafarian types.
They tell me their biggest issues are the recent wave of immigrants from places like Somalia etc.
They tell me they have absolutely no intention of integrating, openly defy local laws and customs - even defecating at the side of the road in public - and are literally a law unto themselves.

They don't like living near them.....are they racist?

If (to Freeborns point below the post I'm responding to) you simply say that open immigration is a a concern in the UK and can data the suggests that it really is a concern, that's not the same thing.

Members of Blair's New Labour government now freely admit that they were guilty of social experimenting by implementing what was essentially an open door immigration policy - most also admit that it was a mistake.
Despite both Cameron and May publicly stating that they would address this policy immigration numbers have more or less remained the same.

Some people - not suggesting anyone on this thread directly - seem to be living in a fantasy land where absolutely no one voted to leave due to racism, general opposition to any immigration and immigrants themselves or pure and simple xenophobia.

Of course some people's dislike of any type of immigration was an issue when considering EU membership, it'd be disingenuous to claim other.
But I don't think it was the primary concern for the majority of Brexit voters.
And it most certainly isn't the main reason so many people still support Brexit.

Personally my support for Brexit is down to my intense dislike of EU bureaucracy, its dictatorial and undemocratic nature and most importantly sovereignty.
I simply don't want political union with any other nation outside of the UK.
UK immigration policy should be decided by the British people and not by EU dictates.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join