It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello All. Looking to make conscious connections

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: thisisit94ify

Yes, you did explain your positions more clearly. Your avenue for departure being a gun is interesting but so is a sharp blade to the wrists or a third story fall as well as the old jump into on coming traffic. Meanwhile a gun is an avenue for crazies to kill from a distance or slaughter en/masse.

And my question about Islam and Christianity you seem somehow to have taken as a defense of Islam, and I get that from your seemingly reactionary reply of equating my question as being anti-Christian and pro'Islam. I am neither. I hold to the idea that both are remedial belief systems holding much of the world population in thrall to ancient dogmas that we need let go of. Condemning one without recognizing the rudimentary similarities only helps the either or consciousness that humans are prey to. I"m pretty much in agreement with Sam Harris, from Stanford when he critiques them both all the while coming out stating that Islam is worse.

You also pay a lot of attention to free will in your opening OP. I have many considered thoughts on that topic but that discussion I think should be a discussion focused on that alone as that to me at least is the central question of our existence.

So thank you for getting back to me with your honest reply and I hope you well here in these forums.

T

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS.
Please keep all appendages, within the vehicle, at all times.

Please do not get upset, if this site does not react well to your good intentions.
It is but a tiny, minuscule, slice of the universe.
And you are so much more.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

ty
edit on 20-5-2019 by thisisit94ify because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

Many interesting interests!

Spiritual awakening...

Sometimes it is easier to stay asleep...

Hope you enjoy your stay!

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Hello and welcome!

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Greetings and Salutations!

Looking forward to seeing you in the metaphysicals!

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

If you want to speak in terms of 3D duality, then yes, he is playing a role to liberate much of the misinformation, propoganda, lies, deceit, and corruption that has taken over not only aspects of government and society but much of the rest of the world with joint effort from a positive alliance that has formed.

I agree here. He is holding up these attributes in his words and actions and is demonstrating just how easy it is to completely fool half the populace. By his amateurish spouting of lies and deceit and childish hate on a daily basis he is setting a template for others to follow. To be like him or to hold ourselves to a much higher standard of truth and self reflection. And you are right about free will as well. We can use our free will to fight against these 3d tendencies of being liars and cheats in our own lives and make decisions based on being true to our higher selves and not succumbing to our baser 3d instincts.

I love Donald Trump and I appreciate what he's done for America so much. *proudly wears the Sandmann Smile* Unlike Some people, I'm HAPPY that Americans have jobs and the economy is GROWING. (cant say Obama did that when Obama himself said it was IMPOSSIBLE)

I'm NOT SORRY that our success upsets you. I really don't care one bit if America's Greatness and Exceptionalism bothers you. The only sense in which I Do care is that it makes me happy to know that the America-hating enemies of freedom are sad. That means humanity is winning.

You thought we were on the right path with Obama and are now upset that we have changed course from that pathway to destruction and are now on a road to success and abundance.

It bothers you that we are not headed for ruin. You believe America deserves to be punished for things like Slavery, Vietnam, Afghanistan, police shootings, the 2nd amendment and the gun deaths, so you were looking forward to seeing Americans get their "just desserts" and now you are displeased to see that will not proceed to fruition as you and others like you had hoped and prayed and conspired for...

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Yes, you did explain your positions more clearly. Your avenue for departure being a gun is interesting but so is a sharp blade to the wrists or a third story fall as well as the old jump into on coming traffic. Meanwhile a gun is an avenue for crazies to kill from a distance or slaughter en/masse.

And my question about Islam and Christianity you seem somehow to have taken as a defense of Islam, and I get that from your seemingly reactionary reply of equating my question as being anti-Christian and pro'Islam. I am neither. I hold to the idea that both are remedial belief systems holding much of the world population in thrall to ancient dogmas that we need let go of. Condemning one without recognizing the rudimentary similarities only helps the either or consciousness that humans are prey to. I"m pretty much in agreement with Sam Harris, from Stanford when he critiques them both all the while coming out stating that Islam is worse.

You also pay a lot of attention to free will in your opening OP. I have many considered thoughts on that topic but that discussion I think should be a discussion focused on that alone as that to me at least is the central question of our existence.

So thank you for getting back to me with your honest reply and I hope you well here in these forums.

T

Theres no similarity between christianity and islam. Chriatians were barbaric in a time where barbarism was a worldwide practice. It grew up with the world while islam continues to waddle in savagery. Any serious crimes by christians are in the distant past, or involve Catholic pedo priests or other elite individuals who've abused their power, betraying their own congregation. The Muslims believe in murder and oppression through and through, from top to bottom of the whole organization, to this very day. They sing songs of beheading to this very day in Western Nations, making kids sing the songs too.

"But...but... a Christian held a sign this one time that said mean things about gays!"

Gimme a break...

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

In the spirit of ''conscious connections'' of the OP I will try to reply to your reply with a few observations.
I find it interesting that in an introductory thread for a new member that is several days old, you decide to reply to my replies to that member. And at that same time, do not reply to the introductory post of that member. I wonder why that is.
I could speculate but as any speculation on my part of why you do anything could so easily be wrong I will not.

As well, I notice that your reply to my post is riddled with generalizations and assumptions. Again I could go back and list them for you but should you yourself not find the capacity to re read your post and find them yourself then my pointing them out to you could be an action in futility.

Those assumptions seem to be based upon a general meme that anyone who finds fault with Trump can be easily categorized as anti-American, a trope by the way that Trump himself likes to promote. This can be called stereotyping or pigeon-holing and is a way to make complex human diversity into more easily digestible
bites.

I'm NOT SORRY that our success upsets you. I really don't care one bit if America's Greatness and Exceptionalism bothers you. The only sense in which I Do care is that it makes me happy to know that the America-hating enemies of freedom are sad. That means humanity is winning.

So what you are saying here, and correct me if I read it wrong, is that it makes you happy that others are sad, Now see, that may be a difference between us as I find no joy at all in others sadness. Others sadness only makes me sad as well.

As to Obama, I recall the dire economic straits we were told our nation was in at the end of the Bush presidency. Our military was over extended in the ME and the cost of those wars were heavy. As well there was that huge crash in the housing market from over inflated prices and easy credit that was offered to sucker poor people into home ownership when the likely outcome from it would be that they could not afford the balloon payments a couple of years into the loan and forfeit. I remember.

It can be debated whether or not Obama's course of action in that period was the best course of action but it does seem that the chaos of that period seemed to subside as his terms went on. I myself did not agree with his choice of how to proceed but in any event it was how it was done. Yet somehow you ''assume'' that I was in favor of it. And in that, as in other assumptions about me, your own adherence to a concocted stereotype is completely off the mark.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join