It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So many people love war so many people hate peace

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I believe that's something that just happens when you think of people in thousands, they lose their individuality. If you're lucky you get a function to your number in the population registration. It's a boardgame with lots of players. And you are not even a figure. Just implied in the 10,000 civillians token.

As long as we humans have "leaders" or let us govern by an elite we will keep on following a big tissue into our deaths.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
O yeah btw its the same people that love war and create war the sick and twisted elite

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

And the drums of war against Iran are beating in America but the populace does not know why. I suspect a taking head from the government will tell us about the 2019 equivalent of aluminum tubes soon, though.

War should be the last resort to dealing with a conflict. It is immoral to send our nation’s sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, husbands, wives and friends to potential slaughter unless all avenues for avoiding armed conflict have been exhausted.

Two of these avenues are diplomacy and economic sanctions. These are powerful weapons — often more powerful than war — for containing threats and changing public opinion over time.

Iran is a country with a population of more than 80 million people. More than a million of them are active duty or part of reserves. More than 15 percent of the population is between 18-24 years of age, and the country has compulsory military service.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

War philosophically goes against nature.

War is bad, in all forms, name one good outcome of war without sounding like an evil villain.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

This is a forum of discussion. Not for solving world issues.

Think back to when pubs and coffee houses were packed with people discussing politics and known world issues. This is the modern equivalent.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: YouSir

Your argument provides fodder to the fallacy that the pro-life crowd (often conflated implying the two are mutually exclusive) don't care about life once it's born.

Both arguments are fallacy.

Just because someone holds an opinion on one topic doesn't mean they don't have the right intentions on another.

Ummm...frankly...if you can't seem to see the irony in my statements of fact...then there's no use conversing...

You can certainly be of the opinion that...society...and you for example...have attained some certain elevation beyond your nature...just please ignore the laughter being generated from wherever I happen to be...
That would be the height of fallacy...unaccompanied by logic I might add...

I certainly can't help whatever you choose to read into whatever trips your fancy...But I can assure you that your ruminations certainly had nothing to do with the intent of my post...which strangely enough was not directed to you but to the OP...

If you wish to defend his/her/? ideology...then by all means...defend away...
Again...please excuse the raucous peals of laughter emanating from wherever I happen to be...

YouSir

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: musicismagic

War philosophically goes against nature.

War is bad, in all forms, name one good outcome of war without sounding like an evil villain.

The destruction of the Nazis.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I was defending the idea of anti-war, and while you may not have seen it, your position as well. I think that we should rethink our foreign policy and domestic policy. I think that abortion should certainly be addressed and every attempt made to get the number performed as close to zero as possible.

But my point is when you are laughing at people who are making a case not to go to war because they believe in abortion (implying they have no value for life), it feeds the idea that those who are pro-life don't care about life after pregnancy (which isn't true). And just because some people may believe that there should be instances where abortion is an acceptable option, doesn't mean they advocate it should always be done. I myself think the state America is in, if it's done soon in the first trimester, it should be an option, I know many would disagree with me on this. But many also believe a 12 year old who is raped shouldn't be forced to become a mother when it could endanger her health, many more would agree with that.

But laugh away either way... I'm sure you know well enough that I'll think my way no matter who's laughing.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSteppenwolf

It was a reactionary war, preservation of civilization and human life. The evil villains were the Nazi's.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
War for America is big business...essentially capitalism with the manufacture of goods and services, jobs created, what's not to like?

pity that people have to die. It helps to be rich if you want to live long and prosper.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It was a reactionary war, preservation of civilization and human life. The evil villains were the Nazi's.

A good war.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
The World is out of control with war. It's never ending and people just prefer war over peace.

How Many Millions Have Been Killed in America’s Post-9/11 Wars? Part 3: Libya, Syria, Somalia and Yemen

MILLIONS!!!!

People love killing people. It's just amazing how little human life is valued.

Governments have their self interests to preserve. Religions also have their self interests to preserve. Humans also have their own self interests to preserve. When evil people, evil governments and evil religions try to violate the self interests of others, self preservation kicks in. If an evil person tries to harm me, I will defend myself with lethal force if required. If an evil government tries to harm my government, I expect my government to defend itself and me with lethal force if required. If an evil religion tries to convert me through force, I will also defend myself with lethal force if required.
edit on 20-5-2019 by panoz77 because: grammar

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ummm...where in all that justification...is the acknowledgement that human beings are the quintessential apex predator species on this planet...that territorialism is our natural reaction to encroachment...That while we all seem to live in glass houses...we retain our familial...group...and clan behavior's/nature's...

It's always a nice KUMBAYA moment to rehash the isms of behavior, but for Gods sake if no one else's...let's have a little truth enter the conversation shall we...?

War is neither good or bad...it simply reflects the innate behaviors...inherent in the species...

The irony...sir...is when we falsely think we've risen above...evolved beyond...resolution by conflict...
It's much better for the psyche of the individual and species...to recognize and accept...to understand and express the truth about either societal or individual angst amidst interaction...

Now then...the above...articulated by an psyche that practices balance and bothers to consider the ramifications of acceptance of nature and the full extent of expressiveness to which a situation may or may not dictate...

I've articulated harmony and compassion hundreds of times in hundreds of threads on this very site...over a hundred of my own creation...but I never once not dared to look in the mirror and recognize all the myriad aspects that imbue an singular character...I like that In one hand I hold an olive branch...and in the other a sword...and am content...

YouSir

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It wasn't a good war at all. It started with imperialism and a megalomaniac and saw millions of people die and put the world at a halt to rebuild civilization. It also gave birth to another terrifying war one which put the entire world on edge.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It wasn't a good war at all. It started with imperialism and a megalomaniac and saw millions of people die and put the world at a halt to rebuild civilization. It also gave birth to another terrifying war one which put the entire world on edge.

It was a good war because it ended genocide and Nazi imperialism, which led to the most peaceful era in human history.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Ummm...where in all that justification...is the acknowledgement that human beings are the quintessential apex predator species on this planet.

We're certainly capable of it.

War is neither good or bad...it simply reflects the innate behaviors...inherent in the species...

While violence is innate, compassion is also. War is neither good or bad could be true if we don't induvidually pick conflicts. Some have been good, others bad... As a broad analysis I think war is neither good or bad could be true as many times as it is not true.

The irony...sir...is when we falsely think we've risen above...evolved beyond...resolution by conflict... It's much better for the psyche of the individual and species...to recognize and accept...to understand and express the truth about either societal or individual angst amidst interaction...

I suppose that's fair, but I don't exactly see the objective. I see it as more deflection than actually discussing the problem at hand, our countries infatuation for war.

I've articulated harmony and compassion hundreds of times in hundreds of threads on this very site...over a hundred of my own creation...but I never once not dared to look in the mirror and recognize all the myriad aspects that imbue an singular character...I like that In one hand I hold an olive branch...and in the other a sword...and am content...

As I said earlier, I was defending your point as much as others in the thread. I didn't want your's to be deluded by the common "counter" that usually follows.

I don't confuse your stance as lack of compassion. Just as my violence as last resort isn't to be confused with being a pacifist. If there was a conflict that I supported, I'm able bodied and could be fit enough to train in a month. I'm already very comfortable with a variety of firearms. I've always been for a reason, the same reason I own some.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven
And the drums of war against Iran are beating in America but the populace does not know why.

Since Iran attacked us on 9/11 the Pentagon has been wanting to get payback.

Does the truth really even matter anymore. The US have been dropping 30,000 bombs per year over the Middle East. There's no solution because the US military is no longer under civilian control. As long as the US dollar is worth a shred of a penny bombs will continue to be dropped. Millions more must die. Corporate profit is religion.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Ummm...where in all that justification...is the acknowledgement that human beings are the quintessential apex predator species on this planet...that territorialism is our natural reaction to encroachment...
YouSir

Funny, I thought it was because of poverty brought about by incompetent government.

edit on 20-5-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
One persons view of peace is another's view of war. How do your views dictate my views.

Figure that out and you'll have some wanting peace and others wanting war. You can't change it.

War is the last place you should be looking at the value of human life. Go to any park or store and just look around. How many people pass by one another without a care in the world. Only when an accident of some kind or another will they interact and only for a moment.

Selfishness... kills more people than anything on this planet so far.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You are thinking from a biased prospective here.

War was needed as a reaction to a threat. But when you look at it from the other side of history, Germany was a reaction from a previous war, and Japan caused war for pure domination and conquest.

War in the pacific and Asian nations was useless, and therefore not good.

War in Europe was all about a chain of events because of almost the same reasons. And it just dragged on with the cold war.

War is not good, ever. It always starts with sinister intentions and ends with one side in defeat, and one side in victory which then echoes on. But humans luckily learn because of historians and philosophies such as Hegelian mindsets from brilliant leaders.

Even the author of the art of war has the rhetoric that war is not good, that the best battles are won with zero casualties.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join