It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tension in the Gulf & South China Sea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Tension in the Gulf & South China Sea; yet ATS is eerily quiet. What do you guys think is going on? Is this a game of brinksmanship? Is Trump about to go to war? Interested to hear some discussion.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. military said one of its warships sailed near the disputed Scarborough Shoal claimed by China in the South China Sea on Sunday, angering Beijing at a time of tense ties between the world’s two biggest economies.

The busy waterway is one of a growing number of flashpoints in the U.S.-China relationship, which include a trade war, U.S. sanctions and Taiwan.

China struck a more aggressive tone in its trade war with the United States on Friday.

www.reuters.com...

Is the United States heading for war with Iran?
There are two competing narratives.

The first, which is favoured by US President Donald Trump's administration, is that Iran is up to no good. Preparations are said to have been seen for a potential attack on US targets, though few details have been revealed publicly.
The US has moved reinforcements to the region; it is reducing its non-essential diplomatic personnel in Iraq; and it is reportedly dusting off war plans.
The message to Tehran is clear: any attack on a US target from whatever source, be it Iran or one of its many proxies or allies in the region, will be met by a significant military response.

www.bbc.com...
edit on 20-5-2019 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

Both countries are testing trumps resolve.
Will he back down or bristle?

When American ships leave the south china sea is when you better raise an eyebrow.
A surface ship in that area is in a hornet's nest.
Subs will probably stay though we will not know there location.

Iran is just being it's normal crap stirring self.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Comedy at its finest

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Comedy at its finest

lol.

I just don't know what's real or not anymore, really hard to judge situations. I don't know if this is some kind of game of manipulation or if we are on the brink of WWIII. Neither would surprise me. Sounds like a lot of analysts aren't sure either.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Since the President of the Philippines is not visible for almost 2 weeks, it makes sense that the US presence is needed in the area. Also, has there been more action on Kadena Air Base recently? Maybe someone can chime in on this.
China paid off the Philippine president according to some rumors in the Philippines.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Since the President of the Philippines is not visible for almost 2 weeks, it makes sense that the US presence is needed in the area. Also, has there been more action on Kadena Air Base recently? Maybe someone can chime in on this.
China paid off the Philippine president according to some rumors in the Philippines.

Interesting, I haven't heard this. I'll have to do a search.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

Since all our factories moved to China, the US is no longer in charge.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

They're sabotaging they're own ships?

I'm guessing they're sailing into US territorial waters and shooting civilian passenger planes down whilst they're at it too right?

You're a pot and you're as black as the kettle buddy. Btw I don't like the Iranian regime one bit or the Saud's... American foreign dictatorship... I mean policy leaves a lot to be desired too.

You guys whine like hell when people try to tell you what to do, be a gent and offer the same courtesy that you expect as a nation. Aka keep your bloody business to yourself.

The message to Tehran is clear: any attack on a US target from whatever source, be it Iran or one of its many proxies or allies in the region, will be met by a significant military response. 

More of that kettle calling...

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Where did I say the US is innocent?
We kept the shaw in power in iran for years and screwed with their government.
They should hate us.

Doesnt mean they dont support terrorism around the world.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

It’s all fun, games and name calling. Until on an Iranian backed terrorist blows kids up in a classroom ,bus or Pizza parlor .

edit on 20-5-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
We're not going to war with China, period, stop. We're not going to a prolonged war with Iran, but we might take some limited military action. Unlikely, though.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There will never be another war.
Just some surgical strikes and nwo stuff.
The central bank is almost unified. They will join with brics and world piece will ensue.
Kumbaya.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein
whew, and I was like, worried and stuff.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Also, has there been more action on Kadena Air Base recently?

No more than usual.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Going to any kind of war with China would be a very difficult task no matter how people might try to say otherwise.

new topics

top topics

join