It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ is The God of Humility (does any other god compare)?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Even though Christ is The Form of The Invisible God, He appeared in the form of a human servant of no reputation. He taught us to follow Him and to be a Servant of All as He is a Servant of All. He said The Humble is The Greatest in Heaven. He said that those who are Last shall be first. He taught that The Humble shall be exalted and those who exalt themselves shall be Humbled. Does any other God compare to this? Did any other God teach human beings to love neighbours and enemies and to put themselves last and help others and they will be great in their divine view? To me, it seems like Christ is Most Humble and is The Example of Humility to follow.

edit on 5-19-2019 by lightofgratitude because: I've added another picture

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

I profess that Jesus Christ is lord and that he was raised from the dead after paying the wages of sin and death for us all.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

All I can say to Jesus is Thank You. Thank you for everything.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well put, the other scriptures are like comic books in comparison......in another league down.....

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
See this really worries me, why do you think "Christ" was 'God'? Not that it really matters to me but I REALLY don't get it.

Now that I think about it do you believe in a 'rapture'? Oh, and did you know this 'Anti-Christ' was here during the writing of the bible?
edit on 20-5-2019 by ArchangelOger because: Fix#

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

The Scriptures say multiple times that Jesus is God.

1 Timothy 3:16 - "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
And yet they praise him as a male lion which sleeps most of the day.

Prometheus, even though he a titan gave humanity light an warmth an was kind of cruicfied. Hercules is also a tragic tale about forgiveness, and joins his father in heaven...or on a tall mountain. Should of called of him Jesus/Joshua Waterwalker in sky wars.

Not many gods go about healer arch, and were usually cruel and getting a blessing from them was as likely as winning the lottery. Just wish he wasn't so sheepish about certain issue if he was a prophet.

edit on 20-5-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightofgratitude

No, he was not God. He was his son. If he was God, why then while he was suffering on the cross did he ask, "Father....why have you forsaken me?"

When he was baptized, he came up from the water and dove flew over which was apparently the holy spirit, and a voice from heaven said, "This is my son, with whom I'm well pleased."

That puts Jesus in the water with John, the holy spirit above as a bird, and GOD in heaven.

TRINITY THEORY SMASHED!

Boom.

See what I did here? Same as you, I took a story not written by me and made my own interpretation of what it meant.

Jesus was NOT god.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

That's not my interpretation. It's what Christ said according to The Gospel. He said He is God.

John 14:8-9 - "Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?"

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Philippians 2:5-7 - Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bond-servant, and coming in the likeness of men.

Titus 2:13 - looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

John 1:3; Colossians 1:16 - (Jesus made all things).

John 20:27-29
Then [Jesus] said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me?”

Colossians 2:9
In [Christ] all the fullness of deity dwells bodily.

2 Peter 1:1
To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with outs by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 1:3
[Jesus] is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yes, all glory to God! And, all my thanks Jesus. I love you! And I love all that you have created.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
God teaches humanity how christians are to live and how you can tell a true Christian from the false
It’s outlined in the Fruit of the Spirit
Jesus taught Christians how to act humbly

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No one knew The Father until Christ revealed Him (Luke 10:22) and knowing Jesus IS knowing The Father. Philip asked Jesus to show The Father and Jesus said "Have I been with you so long yet you do not know me?" (John 14:8-9).

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The Buddha was pretty humble. In my opinion, every Easter religion is much more humble than Christianity. Since the Crusades, Inquisition, and Televangelism it's hard to think of Christianity as being humble.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

So the prophets before Jesus knew nothing of God?

Moses just talked to a bush on fire? Seriously, the Bible was written by men. Compiled by people looking to control others. I've yet to read anything that suggests Jesus asked others to write a book or even build churches in his or his father's name.

Yet Christianity has caused poverty and destruction since it's early days, the church has undermined people and manipulated them from the offset... If Jesus was real he would most likely flip every alter in every church at the same time whilst giving so called religious men a good shouting at.

I've heard Christians say "yes organised religion can be bad" yet they still follow the doctrine of organised Christianity... In fact they have little choice since most of their knowledge comes from those people. A book those people wrote.

They're not good people. They're manipulators and tyrants.

On another note, I like the old heathen stories/gods. They're relatable, they learned as they went... I mean, the Catholic church were eager to steal many of the concepts of old religions as they desecrated their holy sites so their must've been something to them.

Something worthy of a Christian's hate... It sure as hell wasn't love.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I don’t think you fully understand Christianity
Your post is a little ignorant to what Jesus taught

As for the book, it’s readable by anyone not just “those people” as you suggest
It sounds like you have just followed others teaching and no little to nothing

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The Buddha was pretty humble. In my opinion, every Easter religion is much more humble than Christianity. Since the Crusades, Inquisition, and Televangelism it's hard to think of Christianity as being humble.

And that’s pretty fair, but the crusades, tv evangelists and the inquisition are not representations of christianity

Jesus was humble and taught His followers to be humble

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: lightofgratitude

No, he was not God. He was his son. If he was God, why then while he was suffering on the cross did he ask, "Father....why have you forsaken me?"

When he was baptized, he came up from the water and dove flew over which was apparently the holy spirit, and a voice from heaven said, "This is my son, with whom I'm well pleased."

That puts Jesus in the water with John, the holy spirit above as a bird, and GOD in heaven.

TRINITY THEORY SMASHED!

Boom.

See what I did here? Same as you, I took a story not written by me and made my own interpretation of what it meant.

Jesus was NOT god.

HE MOST CERTAINLY - IS - GOD - NOT - was not.

Yeshua is the word incarnate.
www.biblehub.com...
www.biblegateway.com...

Is the way and the life and the resurrection.
He whom see's him see's the father.
No one comes' to the father but by him.

You are either going to accept him and come to the father or not.

I am sorry, just keep searching, you will find your way if the Lord so will's.

Seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you, ask and ye shall receive.

www.biblehub.com...
edit on 20-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Did you know every person has to find their own path to God? You will be rewarded if and when you discover yours. You will find true peace in the process.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
No....

Not like that.....can't argue whether He was God in the books....

In real life.....man.....I've seen some horse power in bank tryin to take my 5 acres back........and a thousand other scenarios....

But scripture says creation speaks for itself as proof

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm talking about views of God, not actions of their followers. The followers don't qlways follow the rules of their god. Jesus Christ said that the last shall be first and the servant of all is greatest. He Himself, appeared as a servant and washed His Disciple's feet, even though He has Divine Power.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join