It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

federal election ‘Australians are dumb’: Celebs’ fury at Scott Morrison federal election win

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Kryties

That basin takes up about a quarter of the landmass. What's your point?

Thats also where the good minerals are and where much of the mining will take place.

Are you suggesting we mine where there is nothing to mine? Why?

Thankyou for continuing to prove that you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Thats also where the good minerals are and where much of the mining will take place. 

Do you have sources to prove that or are you just talking out of your arse?

I haven't found anything on Google that says they are going to mine above the basin.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Can you source all the minerals are in the basin and none are outside of it?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I think we'll be waiting a while...

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I haven't found anything on Google that says they are going to mine above the basin.

You're clearly not looking very hard. As an outsider thinking they know everything about Australia, yet failing dismally, I would have thought you could put in a little more effort than that.

Here's a clue: Google "Adani Coal Mine". I'll go one better and offer a link that indicates the issues with this....

www.stopadani.com...

Also - what do you know of Australian Indigenous land titles and claims? This is also an extremely important factor that you clearly haven't considered and may wish to educate yourself about.

Obviously you put little to no effort into doing your own research so apparently I have to do it for you - but by all means keep proving that you haven't a clue about the subject, you're only making yourself look stupid.

edit on 19/5/2019 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

(post by Kryties removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Liberalism, collectivism, and globalism is being rejected by the majority of hard working tax paying citizens around the world. I respect Australians for standing up against people who wish to manipulate the fabric of their society to appease a tiny minority of raving lunatics.

These gender studies degree toting, Marx loving communists need to understand they are a minority. A small cult of authoritarians clinging to a dead ideology that has killed hundreds of millions of innocent people. Every day becoming more like the people they claim to oppose.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Liberalism, collectivism, and globalism is being rejected by the majority of hard working tax paying citizens around the world. I respect Australians for standing up against people who wish to manipulate the fabric of their society to appease a tiny minority of raving lunatics.

These gender studies degree toting, Marx loving communists need to understand they are a minority. A small cult of authoritarians clinging to a dead ideology that has killed hundreds of millions of innocent people. Every day becoming more like the people they claim to oppose.

Well done on getting it completely wrong.

Perhaps stick with what you know next time?

Also - have you considered that speaking about the "other side" the way you do may be part of the problem? I like to think you've considered it, but I'm not so sure.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Really, so all of us that think this current state of affairs is #ing us up the ass should just leave... OK then.

I have another solution, all of of you happy copping up the ass can keep doing so, just enjoy it and stop expecting the rest of us to bend over and join you.....

Genuinly currious... What aspect of the current state of affairs are have negatively impact your life as a result of the current administration?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

Really, so all of us that think this current state of affairs is #ing us up the ass should just leave... OK then.

I have another solution, all of of you happy copping up the ass can keep doing so, just enjoy it and stop expecting the rest of us to bend over and join you.....

Genuinly currious... What aspect of the current state of affairs are have negatively impact your life as a result of the current administration?

*Priced out of the housing market
*Electricity prices through the roof
*No water due to mismanagement of the Murray-Darling
*Cost-of-living unaffordable for the majority
*Climate change turning Australia into an oven
*The Nanny-state

Those are just a few off the top of my head, Im sure the person you asked will have others.

Have you been living under a rock the last 6 years?

EDIT TO ADD: Your use of the word "Administration" instead of "Government" indicates that you might be American? You wouldn't happen to have misread the title of this thread and thought we were talking about America have you?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

You're clearly not looking very hard. As an outsider thinking they know everything about Australia, yet failing dismally, I would have thought you could put in a little more effort than that.

Here's a clue: Google "Adani Coal Mine". I'll go one better and offer a link that indicates the issues with this....

www.stopadani.com...

Also - what do you know of Australian Indigenous land titles and claims? This is also an extremely important factor that you clearly haven't considered and may wish to educate yourself about.

Obviously you put little to no effort into doing your own research so apparently I have to do it for you - but by all means keep proving that you haven't a clue about the subject, you're only making yourself look stupid.

I reviewed the link you sited and the first thing I see in bold type: #StopAdani" This is you're idea of research? Not only does it not purport the specifics that you claim, but it is nothing more than a rant about how "coal kills" and "can't trust Adani"
edit on 19-5-2019 by timequake because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2019 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

*The Nanny-state

Those are just a few off the top of my head, Im sure the person you asked will have others.

EDIT TO ADD: Your use of the word "Administration" instead of "Government" indicates that you might be American? You wouldn't happen to have misread the title of this thread and thought we were talking about America have you?

The person to whom I responded was an American who was referring to the America's current administration.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I review the link you sited and the first thing I see in bold type: #StopAdani" This is you're idea of research? Not only does it not purport the specifics that you claim, but it is nothing more than a rant about how "coal kills" and "can't trust Adani"

I linked there simply for the bullet-point list of issues - not because its an activist site. It was literally the first result on Google. While you're doing your research - how about using those fingers of yours, going to Google and looking it up yourself? I know that's a novel idea but hey - sometimes we have to be bold!

Apparently you didn't look hard enough in your "review" because here are the issues I was referring to:

If built, Adani’s mine, rail and port project will:

- Destroy the ancestral lands, waters and cultures of Indigenous people without their consent.
-Allow 500 more coal ships to travel through the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area every year for 60 years.
- Get access to 270 billion litres of Queensland's precious groundwater for 60 years, for free.
-Risk damaging aquifers of the Great Artesian Basin.
-Add 4.6 billion tonnes of carbon pollution to our atmosphere.

How did you not see this? It's like right in front of your eyes when you click the link.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

*The Nanny-state

The person to whom I responded was an American who was referring to the America's current administration.

Both the people in the post you quoted from were talking about Australia, not America. Both of those posters are also Australian, not American. You should probably pay a little more attention.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

This is what hopenotfeariswhatweneed was responding to with that comment.

just like all those Hollywood clowns that were going to leave should Trump have been elected.

That is what and who I was responding to

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I review the link you sited and the first thing I see in bold type: #StopAdani" This is you're idea of research? Not only does it not purport the specifics that you claim, but it is nothing more than a rant about how "coal kills" and "can't trust Adani"

I linked there simply for the bullet-point list of issues - not because its an activist site. It was literally the first result on Google. While you're doing your research - how about using those fingers of yours, going to Google and looking it up yourself? I know that's a novel idea but hey - sometimes we have to be bold!

Apparently you didn't look hard enough in your "review" because here are the issues I was referring to:

If built, Adani’s mine, rail and port project will:

- Destroy the ancestral lands, waters and cultures of Indigenous people without their consent.
-Allow 500 more coal ships to travel through the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area every year for 60 years.
- Get access to 270 billion litres of Queensland's precious groundwater for 60 years, for free.
-Risk damaging aquifers of the Great Artesian Basin.
-Add 4.6 billion tonnes of carbon pollution to our atmosphere.

How did you not see this? It's like right in front of your eyes when you click the link.

It was the site you posted as an authority on the matter. The bullet points merely express the political opinion on the issue. It doesn't actually verify anything. Its propaganda.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

This is what hopenotfeariswhatweneed was responding to with that comment.

just like all those Hollywood clowns that were going to leave should Trump have been elected.

That is what and who I was responding to

Cool, but that wasn't in your post. I was responding to what you quoted, and that wasn't in it.

No worries though, just saying.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Things I've learned about Australians today.

1. They seem to view New Zealand sort of like we Americans tend to view Canada. Sorry, New Zealand but you're just that state Australia hasn't bothered to annex yet.

2. In the US it's "evil BIG OIL" but in Australia it's "evil BIG COAL."

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It was the site you posted as an authority on the matter. The bullet points merely express the political opinion on the issue. It doesn't actually verify anything. Its propaganda.

No it wasn't. It was the first result on Google and accurately sums up the issues and concerns of millions of Australians.

That same list could have been printed in literally ANYWHERE and I would have still linked to it.

Now, What part of those points that are listed do you disagree with and why? Ignore the website, focus on the issues. I know you can do it!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Things I've learned about Australians today.

1. They seem to view New Zealand sort of like we Americans tend to view Canada. Sorry, New Zealand but you're just that state Australia hasn't bothered to annex yet.

2. In the US it's "evil BIG OIL" but in Australia it's "evil BIG COAL."

A little history lesson about why New Zealand and Australia are so close:

New Zealand used to be a part of Australia - New South Wales in fact - before Federation in 1901 when Australia declared independence from the UK. At Federation, the people there were asked if they wanted to join with Australia officially or go their own way, they chose the latter so hence they became their own country.

Skip forward to World War 1, the Australian armed forces joined with the New Zealand armed forces to make what is known as the ANZACS (Australia and New Zealand Army Corps). We fought together, we died together and we created history together. Today we both celebrate a day known as ANZAC Day dedicated to those first ANZACS and usually centred around one particular battle - at Gallipoli.

Anyway, hope you learnt something!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join