It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

federal election ‘Australians are dumb’: Celebs’ fury at Scott Morrison federal election win

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   
www.news.com.au... 95808896c61409d

But author and social commentator Jane Caro tweeted right after the win on Saturday night that if the Coalition won, it meant Australia “decided to be a backward looking country”. “I wish I was a New Zealander,” she tweeted. When one poster agreed with her sentiments, she replied, “I feel sick too, but am ok. We will soldier on.”

She tweeted: “I guess this is Australia right now. Like so many others, I despair. Trump, Brexit, Scomo - while the planet disintegrates”.

ABC Late Night Live presenter Phillip Adams tweeted the result was “an act of collective madness”.

“Australia has given its malevolent, ignorant and corrupt version of the Trump administration a third term,” he tweeted.

Usually when things don't look too bright for the future the incumbent Party gets re-elected.

But hey, lets not stop you from leaving for New Zealand. How original, just like all those Hollywood clowns that were going to leave should Trump have been elected.

Go away - and take your tribe with you

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Oh man TDS global huh?

Funny how nobody in Merica even knows the name of other countries politicans. hahaha.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Really, so all of us that think this current state of affairs is #ing us up the ass should just leave... OK then.

I have another solution, all of of you happy copping up the ass can keep doing so, just enjoy it and stop expecting the rest of us to bend over and join you.....
edit on 19-5-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I'm already here in New Zealand.

It's nice, but it would probably get rather crowded and not so nice if too many people tried it all at once.

It's probably cheaper to re-try at the next election than to uproot everything and go elsewhere. Especially if you are doing OK financially.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Oh man TDS global huh?

Funny how nobody in Merica even knows the name of other countries politicans. hahaha.

Yeah, like "Dumb and Dumber".

Their mum must be so proud!

Truthfully, I'm sure that a lot of Americans know the names of the leaders of other countries. But some, like Morrison, just aren't that memorable.

None the less, the Aussies voted for him and he's not a jerk like some (from what I have seen).

edit on 19/5/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Clive Palmer bought $80 million of votes then passed them on to the LNP.

Explain how that is good for democracy please?

Anyway, it won't matter. I'll give it 12 months before someone like Dutton knifes ScoMo. If you lot think that was "put to bed" with the new rules you are delusional. The rules just made it "slightly harder". By voting for the LNP, those voters have vindicated the knifing of Turnbull and now the LNP will forever see knifing leaders as a viable alternative.

Well done LNP/One Nation/UAP voters on helping to ruin our democracy. Hope you're proud.

edit on 19/5/2019 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Well all Americans should join ATS - then their education would be complete.

+5 more 
posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Really, so all of us that think this current state of affairs is #ing us up the ass should just leave... OK then.

I did not say that.

all of of you happy copping up the ass can keep doing so, just enjoy it and stop expecting the rest of us to bend over and join you.

Man - you should tone down it down a bit. Your high blood pressure stops you from clear thinking.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Clive Palmer bought $80 million of votes then passed them on to the LNP

Yeah apparently he will be rewarded from what I read with approvals for more coal mines.

www.theguardian.com...

Liberal party changes rules to require two-thirds majority to unseat sitting PM This article is more than 5 months old Scott Morrison said Australians were sick of ‘coup culture’ and announced new rules to make unseating a leader more difficult

The Liberal party has moved to disrupt the cycle of leadership instability by resolving that sitting prime ministers can in future only be removed by a two-thirds party room majority.

Time will tell I suppose.

Well done LNP/One Nation/UAP voters on helping to ruin our democracy. Hope you're proud.

The rules for preferences have been there all along.

It might actually make it more fairer when deals have to be done with other parties.

As to democracy? Give me a break. We live in a corporate run race to the bottom. Just look at the theft through privatization.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Well, thanks to a certain subsection of voters we now have a government that is beholden to a vested mining interest. Lovely. Just what we needed, more ineffective government governing for their mates and donors and not the people.

Even if the LNP don't scratch Palmers back in return, you really think Palmer is going to take that lying down - when he spent $60 million? Get ready for a tumultuous, chaotic and ineffective 3 further years of government. It's no bloody wonder there are people talking about leaving the country - I don't blame them in the slightest. Who would want to put up with another 3 years of that utter crap?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I did not say that.

all of of you happy copping up the ass can keep doing so, just enjoy it and stop expecting the rest of us to bend over and join you.

Man - you should tone down it down a bit. Your high blood pressure stops you from clear thinking.

You say that like being #ed up the ass doesn't affect your train of thought, more power to you I guess.

+1 more 
posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Sounds like you guys won to me.

The Labor party sound horrible.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Sounds like you guys won to me.

The Labor party sound horrible.

I know right. For the people is what you don't get with the Progressives. By the way Coal is not the problem it is how it is kept from creating SO2 and soot particles that changed that for all of us.

The problem is people wanting to destroy society to build one that they want and NOT what the people desire. Why because of Freedom!. Simply can't have us all allowed to be our own people or they lose power.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I can't stop noticing certain patterns about these people. Please I don't want to hate anybody.

www.smh.com.au...
edit on 19-5-2019 by dubiousatworst because: ahem

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
I can't stop noticing certain patterns about these people. Please I don't want to hate anybody.

www.smh.com.au...

So your saying because some people who claim to have faith, don't.

Just because they don't doesn't mean it is wrong to WANT people to not hate their neighbors does it?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
It is deeper than just that. A transplant from London of all places acting like things should be done like they are in London while singing it's praises. I'm a yank and things are not perfect here, but using London of all places as an example, while also in other places claiming ANZAC pride is hurtful.

She just wants to see the world burn and turn everyone into oxygen thieves.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Let's face it, the population vs the landmass of Australia is miniscule.

I think there is more than enough room for large mining operations that will make Australia rich as f#ck. Go get it.

The pollution will be a drop in the ocean compared to Asian countries. I say go get them minerals.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

It's the opposite, when things are bad they vote change, when they are good they vote to stay.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Let's face it, the population vs the landmass of Australia is miniscule.

I think there is more than enough room for large mining operations that will make Australia rich as f#ck. Go get it.

The pollution will be a drop in the ocean compared to Asian countries. I say go get them minerals.

What about the Great Artesian Basin? How do we keep from contaminating that MASSIVE underground resource when we are mining on top of it?

Whats the Great Artesian Basin you might be asking? Here's a thought - EDUCATE YOURSELF before commenting about things you clearly have no clue about.

edit on 19/5/2019 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

That basin takes up about a quarter of the landmass. What's your point?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join