It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Rep. Amash becomes first Republican to call for Trump's impeachment

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: SickSalvation84
Justin Amash's father is Palestinian, mother Syrian. He owns a CHINESE tool Co, wants Trump impeached. Go figure. HONK!

So, the fact that you are a racist is some sort of rebuttal?

I don't follow your reasoning.

Accusing someone of racism? Good christ thats pretty petty.

I suppose youre totally missing the fact that he pointed out the Chinese tool company ownership being of note, because of Trumps Tarrifs on China

It has nothing to do with race, maybe you should think things through before making nasty allegations.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: chr0naut

You posted nothing specific. Try again.

"Barr misrepresented the content of the report". Source Mueller saying that, specifically.

I want to see it.

Trump obstructed an investigation into a crime he never committed is what you will keep hearing from that silly one.

It is trying to obviously get its thread count up today....

Lol

One post never seems to work for the bots, they always take up 1/2 of the thread with their silly non sourced responses.

Lol

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

a reply to: G0DK1LL3R

Yes, that letter makes it clear the media was reporting falsehoods confusing the public. Nowhere does it say Barr's summary had falsehoods. Try again.

Exactly and Muellers desire to see Barr clear those up publicly, not because Barr misrepresented him. Spot on

Its clear Meuller was concerned , rightly so, about the Medias portrayal of what he said, I mean hell look how far they have twisted it, and even twisted Barrs testimony.

its like clown world

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Barr misrepresented to the public and to a Congressional committee, the nature of the content of the report.

Oh, my mistake, all I want is you to show me Mueller saying "Barr misrepresented the content of the report". Source Mueller saying that, specifically.

Mueller's letter to Barr dated March 27, 2019

That - specifically.

Mueller's only consternation was that Barr's summary of 4 pages did not include enough details. He believed his 10 page summary would have been better and the media would not have misrepresented the conclusions made.

Barr did release those 10 pages and did one even better by releasing them with the full report in an attempt to be as transparent as possible.

It doesn't take much logic to see the truth. The Dems had high hopes to use this against Trump ( Repubs) in 2020 as they did in 2018. They are desperately trying to keep the idea of impeachment in the news for political reasons only, not justice.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Considering palistine are completely anti israel, and trump is outspokenly pro israel, u.s. is on the edge of fighting a proxy war with Iran in Syria, and the trade war with china... I'm speculating youre completely oblivious as to what's happening in the world outside of your social bubble. Then you automatically pull the race card on me, which you probably do with a lot of people. That's just you being pig-ignorant. Has nothing to do with racism, rather everything to do with the reflection in your mirror.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Yes, that letter makes it clear the media was reporting falsehoods confusing the public. Nowhere does it say Barr's summary had falsehoods. Try again.

Not sure if you are playing dumb or what or completely changing the meaning of what was written. Here are a few definitions for you.

Nature - The basic or inherent features, character, or qualities of something.

Context - the situation within which something exists or happens, and that can help explain it

Substance - essential nature

The summary letter the Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this Office’s work and conclusion,”

The letter Barr wrote did not represent Nature(The basic or inherent features, character, or qualities of something), the Context (the situation within which something exists or happens, and that can help explain it) and the Substance (essential nature) of what was in the report.

He misrepresented what was in Mueller's report.

In Context: Comparing Bill Barr’s summary of Mueller's findings to the publicly released report

ON COLLUSION

Barr’s summary:
As the report states: "the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

Barr’s summary left out that Mueller’s report said it identified "numerous links" between Trump’s campaign and Russia, and that the campaign expected to benefit from Russia’s efforts. Here’s what precedes the quote that Barr included in his summary.

Mueller’s report:

"The investigation also identified numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign. Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

ON OBSTRUCTION

Barr’s summary:

"Instead, for each of the relevant actions investigated, the report sets out evidence on both sides of the question and leaves unresolved what the Special Counsel views as ‘difficult issues’ of law and fact concerning whether the President's actions and intent could be viewed as obstruction. The Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him’. "

Mueller’s report:

The "difficult issues" and the verbiage about not exonerating Trump appear at least three times in the report. The first time they appear is in the introduction to the volume that discusses the obstruction of justice investigation. They are later repeated under "conclusion" subheads.

Barr’s summary:

Barr’s letter is terse in suggesting the president did not obstruct justice: "In making this determination, we noted that the Special Counsel recognized that ‘the evidence does not establish that the President was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference,’ and that, while not determinative, the absence of such evidence bears upon the President's intent with respect to obstruction."

Mueller’s report:

Mueller’s report suggests other motives for the president’s conduct, including fear of investigation: "In this investigation, the evidence does not establish that the President was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference. But the evidence does point to a range of other possible personal motives animating the President's conduct. These include concerns that continued investigation would call into question the legitimacy of his election and potential uncertainty about whether certain events—such as advance notice of WikiLeaks's release of hacked information or the June 9, 2016 meeting between senior campaign officials and Russians—could be seen as criminal activity by the President, his campaign, or his family."

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Barr misrepresented to the public and to a Congressional committee, the nature of the content of the report.

Oh, my mistake, all I want is you to show me Mueller saying "Barr misrepresented the content of the report". Source Mueller saying that, specifically.

That - specifically.

And no where in that letter does it state that, I often wonder if some of you just make up stuff as you go along or if the entrenchment is so deep, that you literally read whats not there.

And if im not mistaken Meuller contacted Barr after his little testimony, telling him indeed he was satisfied with his presentation of the information.

Read the Mueller report and read the letter. The are publicly available.

You don't need to have someone else tell you what they said, just read them.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

That - specifically.

And no where in that letter does it state that, I often wonder if some of you just make up stuff as you go along or if the entrenchment is so deep, that you literally read whats not there.

And if im not mistaken Meuller contacted Barr after his little testimony, telling him indeed he was satisfied with his presentation of the information.

I have read the Mueller report in whole, and I have also read the letter

Its clear im not the one who cant parse the data contained in both

Youre going to lecture me on being able to understand whats written, when on one page back, you accused someone of being racist because you couldnt make the connection between an american owned Chinese company, and the presidents Tariffs on China?

Thats hilarious
edit on 19-5-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Justin Amash's father is Palestinian, mother Syrian. He owns a CHINESE tool Co, wants Trump impeached. Go figure. HONK!

No, it isn't. Neither is taking God's name in vain (commandment number 3).

I suppose youre totally missing the fact that he pointed out the Chinese tool company ownership being of note, because of Trumps Tarrifs on China

It has nothing to do with race, maybe you should think things through before making nasty allegations.

What about the Palestinian and Syrian references?

Were those bits too big to fit in your mind all at once?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Exactly and Muellers desire to see Barr clear those up publicly, not because Barr misrepresented him. Spot on

Its clear Meuller was concerned , rightly so, about the Medias portrayal of what he said, I mean hell look how far they have twisted it, and even twisted Barrs testimony.

its like clown world

Narrrr, it be pirate world matey!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Did you just try and deflect to the bible, after accusing someone of racism when there was none there? Still not going to acknowledge you were wrong given the information , twice now, of why he made that statement?

Again, obvious, because Trump is one of the most pro Israel presidents weve ever had, another reason for Amash to harbor animosity. And has been heavy handed with whats goin on in syria.

youre that dense that you cant figure that out? Or youre trolling. Either way youre not smelling like roses

Now im starting to understand how you read into that document what wasnt there, because you literally just did it with another poster, and still think youre right

unbelievable

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Did you just try and deflect to the bible, after accusing someone of racism when there was none there? Still not going to acknowledge you were wrong given the information , twice now, of why he made that statement?

Again, obvious, because Trump is one of the most pro Israel presidents weve ever had, another reason for Amash to harbor animosity. And has been heavy handed with whats goin on in syria.

youre that dense that you cant figure that out? Or youre trolling. Either way youre not smelling like roses

Now im starting to understand how you read into that document what wasnt there, because you literally just did it with another poster, and still think youre right

unbelievable

Silly clown bot has had plenty of chance to respond to me but I asked for sources......

Lol

Good luck talking to someone making post per minute currencies...

Lol

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

That - specifically.

Youre going to lecture me on being able to understand whats written, when on one page back, you accused someone of being racist because you couldnt make the connection between an american owned Chinese company, and the presidents Tariffs on China?

Thats hilarious

No, that would be an American company with offshore connections/manufacturing.

The ownership and the money stay in America (and the factory workers probably get paid a pittance, otherwise why not do everything in America?).

But it's beside the point, I clearly wasn't the one playing the race card. I just pointed it out.

Attacking those who point out that people are being wronged is the standard blame allocation procedure of the guilty parties. "I'd have gotten away with it, if it weren't for those damn meddling kids" - right Scooby?

"I did not collate with the Romulans. No colonoscopy no obstetrician"!

Make America What Now?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

unbelievable

I am pro Israel. I am also pro Palestinian. Hell, I'm just pro people.

We should have a world party just to spite the haters (they can come along, but only if they smile)!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

That - specifically.

Thats hilarious

No, that would be an American company with offshore connections/manufacturing.

The ownership and the money stay in America (and the factory workers probably get paid a pittance, otherwise why not do everything in America?).

But it's beside the point, I clearly wasn't the one playing the race card. I just pointed it out.

Attacking those who point out that people are being wronged is the standard blame allocation procedure of the guilty parties. "I'd have gotten away with it, if it weren't for those damn meddling kids" - right Scooby?

"I did not collate with the Romulans. No colonoscopy no obstetrician"!

Make America What Now?

The bot called someone a racist and a nazi so far while spamming this thread but definitely isnt playing the race card.....

Lol

And quickly explains away this guy owning a Chinese company as Trumps fault...

Lol

Still hasn't provided sources as I have asked for btw.....

Lol

Silly spam bot

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

No the letter makes it clear that Barr's summary was confusing the public. It was saying that Barr misrepresented the report. That Barr's summary was of a different nature to the report. That Barr's summary was different to the substance of the report. That Barr's summary did not even reflect the context of the report.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Except it wasnt true and you refuse to admit you were wrong.

Imagine that.

Again, except that you were wrong and clearly without the fortitude to admit it, despite all your virtue signaling

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You posted nothing specific. Try again.

"Barr misrepresented the content of the report". Source Mueller saying that, specifically.

I want to see it.

Is the quote I provide also to include the quotes that you quoted or can they be omitted, and the full stop, is that a mandatory inclusion, too?

Or can words of a similar meaning be used? Because the Mueller letter says something similar in paragraph 3.

Nah, stuff it. I've already supplied the link to the letter which you seem to think doesn't seem to say what it says (although I couldn't follow your line of reasoning reasoning about Batman and fuzzy slippers).

Perhaps you could explain it as Mueller, complaining to Barr about the press (although why, when the press seem to be hanging out for Mueller's every word and he could talk to them direct, I have no idea).

...and Barr being in Contempt of Congress, what's that about?

edit on 19/5/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Except it wasnt true and you refuse to admit you were wrong.

Imagine that.

Again, except that you were wrong and clearly without the fortitude to admit it, despite all your virtue signaling

Why might the race of someone be pertinent in this debate at all?

Surely the first mention of 3 different races of individuals, in regard to this debate, is 'calling the race card'?

Stop shootin' the piano players.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join