It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Rep. Amash becomes first Republican to call for Trump's impeachment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
We talk all day about how corrupt our politicians are and how much money theyre making off it, how is this guy not suspect?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Like I said before

Looks legit to me 😀

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: carewemust

I have some friends with first-hand knowledge of factories in Hangzhou China.

Slave Factories !! 😆

That might be the town where Apple assembles I-Phones. The pressure on the employees to make production quota was so intense, suicide nets were installed around the outside of the multi-story building, just above the 1st floor.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: LDragonFire

Its good one GOP guy has got some sense and honesty and morality.

Trump's followers, like Hitlers, will one day, if they want to be human again, realize the error of their ways

Whew, the hyperbole is strong with this one.

Trump followers are like Hitler's followers.. you mean, NAZI'S, right?

Le sigh...

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: NthOther
For what?

Oh, I forgot I'm in Clown World!

No evidence necessary! Just drop trow and s# all over everyone you disagree with like a stupid monkey.

HONK HONK

Just because you see a clown when you look in the mirror doesn't mean it's a sign of a clown World, it is simply your perception as a clown trying to navigate this life.

No need for personal attacks, honknotfeariswhatweneed...

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Jesus. I'm going to take a shot at this:

Yours:

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: carewemust

Not really even trump and ivanka's businesses relief heavily on Chinese products and trump is the one slapping on the tarriffs.
The farmers are probably being killed and for some reason they are supporting trump. Quite frankly if the fact that you realize that you are gonna be adversely affected by these tarriffs at least in the short term means your opinion on weather the president should be impeached or not then no one should have a worthy opinion on it since we aren't in a position where we can avoid being hit with what is just a can't form of a tax hike weather we are a business or a consumer. Over $700 dollars a year for a family of four is the estimated cost by what I've read. That toolman is just gonna pass most of the cost down to the people who need to but his tools. Will probably add a little extra to increase his profits since he can claim it's because of the tarriffs. The healthcare, clothing, electronics, food, blankets, shoes, anything and everything. Heck even if they have nothing that has a tarriff slapped on it. Why not how are we ever gonna figure out of a component of it was really subject to a the it? We are gonna see the cost of everything go up and if we speak up it automatically makes anything we say regarding the fitness of the president to hold office?
This tactic of searching for connections and making these elaboratewebs while sometimes just making crap up as you go just doesn't cut it. Yourwebs end up looking like they were spun by spiders that were fed too much coc aine when compared to the web spun by the trained investigators that you are trying so hard to debunk.

Corrected:

Not really. Even Trump's and Ivanka's businesses rely heavily on Chinese products, and Trump is the one slapping on the tariffs.

The farmers are probably being killed and, for some reason, they are supporting Trump. Quite frankly, if you realize you will be adversely affected by these tariffs, at least in the short term, then should your opinion on whether the President should be impeached be rendered invalid? It isn't as if we're in a position in which we can avoid being hit with what is essentially a tax hike, irrespective of whether we're a business or a consumer. Over $700 a year for a family of four is the estimated cost by what I' e read. That toolman will just pass most of the cost down to the people who need to buy his tools, and probably add a little extra to increase his profits as he can claim it's "because of the tariffs." The healthcare, clothing, electronics, food, blankets, shoes, everything and everything. Heck, even if they have nothing, that has a tariff on it. Why not? How will we ever figure out if a component of it was really subjected to it? We will see the cost of everything go up, and if we speak up it automatically makes anything we say regarding the fitness of the President to hold office invalid?

This tactic of searching for connections and making these elaborate webs, while sometimes just making crap up as you go, just doesn't cut it. Your webs end up looking like they were spun by spiders that were fed too much coc aine when compared to the web spun by the trained investigators that you are trying so hard to debunk.

I did my best. Believe me, I know it's a dick move to go after the grammar and spelling, but what we're doing here is expressing opinions, and good grammar and spelling is a solid indicator of education, and education is that which informs an opinion. So now that I've decanted the meaning of what you've written, I'll attempt to respond to what I believe to be the spirit of your post:

Not really even trump and ivanka's businesses relief[sic] heavily on Chinese products and trump is the one slapping on the tarriffs[sic].

If Trump is acting to harm his own business interests, that strikes me as selfless. On the other hand, if my business interests were harmed by his actions and I used my position to counter those actions, that would serve my self-interest. Surely you see this.

The farmers are probably being killed and for some reason they are supporting trump. Quite frankly if the fact that you realize that you are gonna be adversely affected by these tarriffs[sic] at least in the short term means your opinion on weather[sic] the president should be impeached or not then no one should have a worthy opinion on it since we aren't in a position where we can avoid being hit with what is just a can't[sic] form of a tax hike weather[sic] we are a business or a consumer.

No, it's the opposite. You don't understand why farmers are supporting Trump, because you're not a farmer. Farmers plan ahead. They understand that temporarily losing the Chinese market is going to hurt, but in the long run it's going to be better for them because it will secure more favorable opportunities, rather than the currently exploitative ones. They also have a LOT of equity as land owners, which secures for them fantastic borrowing power, which is a buffer against short-term market strain such as that caused by trade dispute. The smart farmers are fully behind Trump. The dumb farmers are feeling the burn because they're overextended, not because the President isn't working in their interests. Further, if you want to say a tariff on Chinese goods is a tax on farmers by extension, that's fine, I won't stop you. Yeah, the end result is the government collecting duties while you receive lesser profits. But it's a free market. If your business is reliant upon selling to buyers that are not inclined to buy, then you need to seek out buyers who are more so inclined.

Over $700 dollars a year for a family of four is the estimated cost by what I've read.

For how many years? That's about $60/month, or six hours at $10/hr, out of 160 hours a month full time, assuming four weeks a month. Small price to pay. What's your source on that?

That toolman is just gonna pass most of the cost down to the people who need to but his tools. Will probably add a little extra to increase his profits since he can claim it's because of the tarriffs[sic]. The healthcare, clothing, electronics, food, blankets, shoes, anything and everything. Heck even if they have nothing that has a tarriff[sic] slapped on it. Why not how are we ever gonna figure out of a component of it was really subject to a the it?

Who's this toolman? A smart businessperson incentivizes their employees because their livelihood depends on the work produced by said employees. Your point seems to be that if business owners take a hit due to government action they pass the hit along to the workers while making out like bandits. That's just not how it works. What you're describing is comparable to the parable of the golden goose. The person who built the business has more invested in it than do the employees because it's theirs. They spent the time and energy building it, and their personal interests are tied up in it. An employee working for hourly wages can cut themselves loose whenever they feel like it, but the owner likely has persona assets invested, and that is a compelling reason to see it succeed. We're not talking about Fortune 500 companies here, we're talking about Small Business, the backbone of the American economy. [cont...]

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

No a personal attack would be me chastising you for your inability to understand banter, you know cause it's over your head...

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

[...cont]

So $700/yr is a little over $60/month, and given a 40-hour work week that's a little over 6 hours a month given $10/hr. Small price to pay.

That toolman is just gonna pass most of the cost down to the people who need to but his tools. Will probably add a little extra to increase his profits since he can claim it's because of the tarriffs[sic]. The healthcare, clothing, electronics, food, blankets, shoes, anything and everything. Heck even if they have nothing that has a tarriff[sic] slapped on it. Why not how are we ever gonna figure out of a component of it was really subject to a the it? We are gonna see the cost of everything go up and if we speak up it automatically makes anything we say regarding the fitness of the president to hold office?

Who's this toolman? A smart business owner incentivizes their employees, because their livelihood is tied up in the work they produce. An hourly employee can just quit with little to no consequence. The owner likely has personal assets invested. Your implication seems to be that if the business takes a hit, it's the employees that suffer the most. Incorrect. People who run their business like you describe tend to crash their business. People who take care of their employees succeed. Again, seems like you've never run a business. And speaking of business, what's this business about speaking up? It seems to me that the businesses that speak up in support of the president are the ones taking the hit, what with elected representatives inciting people to harass and incite political rivals in public.

This tactic of searching for connections and making these elaboratewebs[sic, #elaboratewebs] while sometimes just making crap up as you go just doesn't cut it. Yourwebs[sic] end up looking like they were spun by spiders that were fed too much coc aine[coc aine] when compared to the web spun by the trained investigators that you are trying so hard to debunk.

What's more damning:

foreign person approaches campaign officer, offers dirt, is rejected because meeting set up under false pretenses, story ends.

OR

foreign person approaches campaign officer, offers dirt, dirt is bought, shopped to domestic intelligence community, dirt is unverified, dirt is leaked to press, press leakage is presented as PROOF of verification, newly verified dirt is used to secure FISA warrant, warrant leads to nothing, existence of warrant leaked to press, press reports investigation, investigation stymies POTUhypotheticalcountry policy, investigation fuels talk of impeachment, investigation ends, investigation report gets misconstrued as indictmentless indictment, POTUhyptotheticalcountry shrugs, then tweets, then tweets as they shrug.

I mean, did you seriously fall for all that snip?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
4. Few members of Congress have read the report.-Amash

I also suspect that few ATS'ers have read the report.

They barely read the headlines and only if they agree with their ideology.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Amash provides a wealth of reasons to impeach Trump on his Twitter.

He couldn't think of a more established legal platform to make his case and present evidence against the POTUS than twatter?

I, for one, am sold!

Twitter is Trump's platform of choice.

Why would you accept one 'twit' but not another?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

So how does it feel to learn you're shilling for Chinese corporations?

But Russia amIright?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

For what?

1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report.
2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.- Amash

Mueller does not have a problem with barr's interpretation, he has a problem with the msm's misrepresentation. What impeachable conduct by trump? Be specific. This should be good lol.

Cheers - Dave

Mueller does have a problem with Barr's interpretation and posted a copy of the letter publicly as well as sending it to Barr.

Mueller is also quitting the DOJ, probably because once he is not employed by Barr, he will not be constrained from speaking his mind. Or perhaps he just wants to retire.

Needless to say, he isn't a happy chapie about Barr's interpretation.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

He is a Rep for what will soon be know as Michiganistan soooooo there that. Honk honk

That's just south of canadakastan, right? Lol

Cheers - Dave

Yeah, in Amerikagrad, ruled by Comrade Trumpski - deep cover agent and his 'ласточка' handlers.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

For what?

2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.- Amash

When did Mueller say that? Oh, he didn't.

Did. He had a whole section on why he couldn't indict a sitting President and another on not being exonerated.

There was no pronouncement of not guilty. That is what clearing Trump would actually be like, if it had happened.

As it is, it is unresolved and there are 10 instances that Mueller suggests are possible obstruction of justice. Mueller is the one raising the allegations of obstruction of justice against Trump, in his report.

I think that because Mueller has raised the allegations, he cannot try Trump, it would have to go to an impartial third party judge for prosecution. Mueller is a stickler for following the letter of the law procedurally. Barr less so.

edit on 19/5/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
We talk all day about how corrupt our politicians are and how much money theyre making off it, how is this guy not suspect?

Almost like there is a addiction at play, clouding their reason and common sense.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

So how does it feel to learn you're shilling for Chinese corporations?

But Russia amIright?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This is interesting. I believe Amash was a Ron Paul guy too so we shall see I guess.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

What does ..

Have to do with you can't charge a President? Nothing.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
Mueller does have a problem with Barr's interpretation and posted a copy of the letter publicly as well as sending it to Barr.

False. He had a problem with the media's interpretation. He agreed with Barr's interpretation and wanted more information out.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Irishhaf
If he doesn't want to give details his opinion should be taken with a grain of salt the size of Everest.

He (Amash) did give details.

Plenty of them.

Where ?
In Congress ?
And I will not add "Honk Honk"

In Congress, no. But the report that was read aloud in Congress for the public record is detailed enough.

My horn is broken.

Amash is Awash

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join