It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Rep. Amash becomes first Republican to call for Trump's impeachment

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: chr0naut

But it's beside the point, I clearly wasn't the one playing the race card. I just pointed it out.

Except it wasnt true and you refuse to admit you were wrong.

Imagine that.

Attacking those who point out that people are being wronged is the standard blame allocation procedure of the guilty parties. "I'd have gotten away with it, if it weren't for those damn meddling kids" - right Scooby?

Again, except that you were wrong and clearly without the fortitude to admit it, despite all your virtue signaling

Virtue signalling. Nice phrase.

But, do you think that they were virtues, that I was signalling?

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: luthier

Dems in the 80s had sense though.

Not really. They just didn't say as many dumb things to the public because there wasn't a 24 hour news cycle.

Someday when people grow up they may start looking at the voting records instead of getting ducked into the soap opera rhetoric.

Justin Amash is one of if not the most constitutionally conservative representative in Congress and is similar to Ron paul.

The people calling him a traitor or a rhino are trump supporters without any values. The value is whatever trump says goes, even if its completely unconstitutional.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You mean flip floppier never Trumper.......what we got going on in this country is insane amounts of greed and power...It will cost us all Sadly before to long..

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: mtnshredder
It’s as plain as day that Amash is a plant and has a different boss then the rest of the GOP. Find a way to get rid of the traitor bitch, simple as that.

Lol.

www.conservativereview.com...

He is the 12th most "conservative" voting politician and tops the freedom lists for constitutionalists and libertarians.

Unfortunately trump has turned the party into Democrats from the 80's.

Constitutionalist my ass. He’s a weasel. He’s also jumped party line many of times. The guy voted against Kavenaugh, against Kate’s Law and defunding sanctuary states and many other issues going against his own Party and now wants to impeach Trump. I’m not the only one that thinks he’s a plant and a traitor. If you do some reading it’s a very popular opinion.

Even Rashida Tlaib has called for a partnership with the POS traitor. I wish the dems would take him, good riddance, send him back to Palestine.

I think Levin nailed him down pretty good.

What Justin Amash did was a disgrace. He’s a Benedict Arnold,” Levin started. “He’s a Benedict Arnold against the Constitution,” he added. “While he poses to be for the Constitution. While he poses as a purist of the Constitution, he’s no damn such thing.”

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Changed party lines in the past and I heard he will run as an Independent for the next election. He's what you call a 'fraud'. Does whatever it takes to get elected then runs his own little party with nothing in common for the supposed representation of his constituents.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

It’s as plain as day that Amash is a plant and has a different boss then the rest of the GOP. Find a way to get rid of the traitor bitch, simple as that.

Lol.

www.conservativereview.com...

He is the 12th most "conservative" voting politician and tops the freedom lists for constitutionalists and libertarians.

Unfortunately trump has turned the party into Democrats from the 80's.

Constitutionalist my ass. He’s a weasel. He’s also jumped party line many of times. The guy voted against Kavenaugh, against Kate’s Law and defunding sanctuary states and many other issues going against his own Party and now wants to impeach Trump. I’m not the only one that thinks he’s a plant and a traitor. If you do some reading it’s a very popular opinion.

Even Rashida Tlaib has called for a partnership with the POS traitor. I wish the dems would take him, good riddance, send him back to Palestine.

I think Levin nailed him down pretty good.

What Justin Amash did was a disgrace. He’s a Benedict Arnold,” Levin started. “He’s a Benedict Arnold against the Constitution,” he added. “While he poses to be for the Constitution. While he poses as a purist of the Constitution, he’s no damn such thing.”

Lol. Funny how nothing you mentioned is about policy, voting record etc...basically you are waving pom poms for your team

It's literally a fact the man voted true conservative. There is a record and every ranking of conservative politicians places him at the top based on voting record.

But yes you proved tribalism and team sports are far more important than following how people actual vote based on the constitution.

The slander from Levin is empty of fact. It's a factless quote from a party schill.
edit on 21-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Changed party lines in the past and I heard he will run as an Independent for the next election. He's what you call a 'fraud'. Does whatever it takes to get elected then runs his own little party with nothing in common for the supposed representation of his constituents.

He has never changed parties. If he runs as an independent it's because the Republicans are spends holic liberals.

Once you folks stop believing the drama club on TV you should look at how politicians vote and judge the votes based on the ideals of the founders not today's flavor.
edit on 21-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Because you don't agree with him politically, you think he is a traitor?

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire and luthier.

No, I don’t agree with him politically. The reason I think he is a traitor is the same reason I refuse to vote for anyone aligned with the Dem party. Most of the ideology of the left is IMO unconstitutional and worthy of treason to the USA. They’re constantly chiseling away at the constitution just to get their way in order to obtain power and they don’t give two snips about the sovereignty of this country or the constitution.

Amash has aligned himself with the Dem’s on some very important issues that have threatened our democracy, our sovereignty and our constitution which is why I see him the way I do. He’s not the “All American Boy” he wants you to think he is. Besides, I think he’s doing what he’s doing solely for publicity reasons anyways.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

a reply to: LDragonFire and luthier.

No, I don’t agree with him politically. The reason I think he is a traitor is the same reason I refuse to vote for anyone aligned with the Dem party. Most of the ideology of the left is IMO unconstitutional and worthy of treason to the USA. They’re constantly chiseling away at the constitution just to get their way in order to obtain power and they don’t give two snips about the sovereignty of this country or the constitution.

Amash has aligned himself with the Dem’s on some very important issues that have threatened our democracy, our sovereignty and our constitution which is why I see him the way I do. He’s not the “All American Boy” he wants you to think he is. Besides, I think he’s doing what he’s doing solely for publicity reasons anyways.

Name one thing amash has voted for that threatens our sovereignty.

Name one unconstitutional vote he has made.

Amash has never once aligned himself with the dems. He has voted with them when appropriate.

You seem to think this is a team game. The Republicans trump included have made more unconstitutional moves in a week than amash will ever make.

He is more conservative than even rand paul.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

He voted against Kate’s law which not only threatens our sovereignty, it also puts citizens at high risk.

He voted against defunding sanctuary cities. This also puts citizens at risk, as well other issues detrimental to our country to numerous to list. Granted it’s a gray area Constitutionally, although, a California judge did rule that sanctuary cities were unconstitutional.

He also voted to give illegals the right to vote which not only threatens our sovereignty but is unconstitutional as well.

He certainly doesn’t see the citizens of this country’s best interests as a priority by any stretch, regardless of how “constitutional” he thinks he is. YMMV

edit on 22-5-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

He voted against Kate’s law which not only threatens our sovereignty, it also puts citizens at high risk.

He voted against defunding sanctuary cities. This also puts citizens at risk, as well other issues detrimental to our country to numerous to list. Granted it’s a gray area Constitutionally, although, a California judge did rule that sanctuary cities were unconstitutional.

He also voted to give illegals the right to vote which not only threatens our sovereignty but is unconstitutional as well.

He certainly doesn’t see the citizens of this country’s best interests as a priority by any stretch, regardless of how “constitutional” he thinks he is. YMMV

Amash said he voted against Kate's Law because a provision in the legislation would deny Fifth Amendment due process to some criminal defendants. He argued a defendant would be prohibited from challenging their removal order during criminal proceedings for illegal re-entry and could be convicted of a felony without having the chance to challenge whether the removal order was valid.

"This bill unconstitutionally eliminates the opportunity for those charged with illegal re-entry to challenge the validity of a removal order," he wrote. "The removal order is an element of the crime. In our criminal justice system, a person cannot be convicted of a crime unless the prosecution proves every element beyond a reasonable doubt."

I voted against a motion to amend a bill to criticize San Francisco for letting non-citizens vote in school board elections. I voted no because I’m a constitutionalist who opposes such federal interference in LOCAL elections. Non-citizens have voted locally since our founding.

People like you don't understand the constitution.

Its exactly the same arguement people give for taking guns away. We need to take your right to protect people.
edit on 22-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I understand the constitution just fine, thank you. I’m also intelligent enough to spot a shill when I see one. You can try and legitimize the guy all you want but he has voted against countless issues the American people are for and want fixed. If anything the guy has used the Constitution against the American people, read up and between the lines and you will see exactly what I’m talking about. He’s a traitor to the American people and has proven so over and over. You might buy the BS he’s selling you but with a little common sense it’s easy to see it for what it’s worth. The guys a con man pure and simple. .....and again, I’m not the only person who sees him this way, there’s a lot of people that think the same way about him as I do.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Lol well it appears you don't. You have it wrong. The people who vote for things that violate the principles of the constitution are the problem.

I get it you love Donald trump and can't objectively look at what he does that violates the constitution. The party itself is beyond repair as there are very few conservatives. In fact trump is more like a Democrat from the 80's.

Good day sir. You have offered zero proof justin amash isn't more conservative than the party. Every metric has him at the top of the most conservative list.

It would be better if you just admitted he attacked your hero and it makes you upset. That is your only argument.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I get it you love Donald trump and can't objectively look at what he does that violates the constitution. The party itself is beyond repair as there are very few conservatives. In fact trump is more like a Democrat from the 80's.

Good day sir. You have offered zero proof justin amash isn't more conservative than the party. Every metric has him at the top of the most conservative list.

It would be better if you just admitted he attacked your hero and it makes you upset. That is your only argument.

I showed you proof and there's lots of it out there, you just don't want to see it.

Trump my hero? No, not even close, you have me figured wrong there bud. I just really despise the Dem party to no end and anyone but them is a good thing in my book.

Do you think Amash has just cause to call for impeachment of a duly and democraticlly elected Prez? (That's doing a pretty damn good job BTW)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I showed you proof and there's lots of it out there, you just don't want to see it.

Trump my hero? No, not even close, you have me figured wrong there bud. I just really despise the Dem party to no end and anyone but them is a good thing in my book.

Do you think Amash has just cause to call for impeachment of a duly and democraticlly elected Prez? (That's doing a pretty damn good job BTW)

Libertarians and constitutionalists don't think trump is doing a good job.

And many people know if they acted like trump did in regards to court proceedings they would be jailed.

I already destroyed your arguments about amash votes. They were unconstitutional laws.

You just like the dems think it's ok to suspend the constitution whenever you want under the guise of national interest.

Hey let's ban guns too. They are dangerous. Why have court proceedings, if they look Mexican...

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You haven’t destroyed anything. Your traitor buddy has actually used the constitution against the American people to circumvent and risk this country’s safety and best interests. I don’t give a f what the guy says, he’s a phony and a con. He’s also voted unconstitutionally regardless of how hard you try and spin it. I’m a little surprised you can’t see this, but you know what they say about leading a horse to water and speaking of horses I’m done beating this one.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You haven’t destroyed anything. Your traitor buddy has actually used the constitution against the American people to circumvent and risk this country’s safety and best interests. I don’t give a f what the guy says, he’s a phony and a con. He’s also voted unconstitutionally regardless of how hard you try and spin it. I’m a little surprised you can’t see this, but you know what they say about leading a horse to water and speaking of horses I’m done beating this one.

Sure because you have no idea what the constitution is.

Bet you had no idea making it illegal for foreign labor to work is a modern thing.

It is unconstitutional to make laws that don't follow the constitution. Period.

This is how we got here. This is how we got bulk data collection and spying on Americans. Under the guise of safety.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Yep, your right, I’ve not a clue about the Constitution. Even though my grandfather was a Democratic Senator for the state of Oklahoma I’ve never heard anything or know anything about this Constitution you speak of. Is it similar to a institution only different?

Illegal for foreign labor to work? That’s absolute nonsense. When did we start that?

And making unconstitutional laws that aren’t constitutional is against the Constitution? I would’ve never had guessed? Thanks for blessing us with your brilliance.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

There were no such thing as illegal immigrants. They came worked and went back home without a green card.

Knowing a politician has nothing to do with understanding the constitution.
edit on 22-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join