It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Laws Only Affect the People You Don't Have to Worry About in the First Place

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: face23785

They actually won't cut down on any of that. Kids getting guns and accidental shootings are the result of people not following laws and procedures

Look I'm not advocating it but if there is no easy or legal access to guns and less people have them then you understand how that would lead to fewer accidental shootings right?

I'm sure that 99% of us here would agree that accidental shootings (and pretty much all gun deaths) are a small price to pay to maintain the integrity of the 2nd Amendment. I know I would sacrifice my kids for the greater good if it came down to it, as would any REAL American.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
In any case the problem remains the same. The criminals that wont give up guns or follow gun laws.

EXACTLY!!!!!

You said it all right there!

I've posted this before. A few years ago I was leaving the office for the evening. I was asked if I would give a couple of our Customer's Reps a ride back to their hotel, since it was on my way. When I went to that office I was always armed and everybody I worked with knew it. As we were going to the parking lot there were some guys leaning against a car passing a bottle around. When they saw us they started towards us. I'm on crutches, with two good looking women and between us we probably had about $20,000 worth of electronics. (laptops, presentation equipment, phones) I stopped for a second and adjusted my jacket, allowing them to see the pistol in my shoulder holster. They turned around, got into the car and left.

I can't say what would have happened. The women with me never saw a thing. You have to wonder how many times things like this happen. They would be kind of hard to count.

A few weeks ago I was getting gas. The guy at the next pump had a pistol on a belt holster. A woman on the other side of me said "Do you see that! He has a gun!" I said "So?" She says "Doesn't that bother you?" I moved my jacket aside and said "No, I have one too." The look on her face was priceless.

I try to explain this to the anti-gun crowd any chance I get. Anywhere they go, they are likely near someone that's carrying a gun, they just don't know it. And 99.999% of these anti-gun folks have never seen someone get shot, despite the fact they're surrounded by guns every day. They're not as scary and dangerous as the media makes you think. They're no more scary and dangerous than a car, as long as it's used by a responsible person.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
They're not as scary and dangerous as the media makes you think. They're no more scary and dangerous than a car, as long as it's used by a responsible person.

Sometimes cars are scarier and more dangerous than guns. You should have seen the woman who was going to miss her off ramp this morning and cut in front of me to cross my lane to make it. Of course I have to take into consideration that she was distracted at the time. Kind of hard to drive and breastfeed her baby at the same time. I am not kidding.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: face23785
They're not as scary and dangerous as the media makes you think. They're no more scary and dangerous than a car, as long as it's used by a responsible person.

Sometimes cars are scarier and more dangerous than guns. You should have seen the woman who was going to miss her off ramp this morning and cut in front of me to cross my lane to make it. Of course I have to take into consideration that she was distracted at the time. Kind of hard to drive and breastfeed her baby at the same time. I am not kidding.

Those people are morons. If you miss your exit you just get off the next one and double back. It might cost you 10 minutes. If you don't have 10 minutes to spare, you need to get your # together.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join