It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Laws Only Affect the People You Don't Have to Worry About in the First Place

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Living in constant perpetual fear, where you're literally too scared to even go to work without being armed, really sounds like a fun way to go through life!

But each to their own, I suppose.

Do you lock any doors?

Locking doors is just common sense.

Our thieves down here don't carry guns for the most part though, they simply can't get them easily.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Common sense, like having protection when a crazy ex is stalking you?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties
I carry a pocket knife with me every time I leave the house. It's a tool I have at my disposal in case I need it. I don't walk out my door hoping
I get to knife someone. A gun is also a tool, in the right hands it can save your life or someone else's.

Most people don't carry out of fear, although this woman obviously had a good reason to fear for her safety. People are not nice animals. We do irrational things all the time, including hurting other people. Self defense, on the other hand, is not irrational. It's common sense.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: soekvg

Did some searching to try and find an answer to this. Apparently one would have to talk to an actual lawyer in your state, since all I could find was the basic definition of personal property and property tax info online.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's almost like knowing that respecting the education everyone has is a better shield than fearing the worst.

I wonder what states took a # on education because it was financially profitable...

This is a conspiracy site. And Conspiracies follow the effing money.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LisaCandle
It's almost like knowing that respecting the education everyone has is a better shield than fearing the worst.

"Expect the best but prepare for the worst". It's a good motto to live by. "Always be prepared" is another one, but that's the Boy Scouts.

I'm not sure where respecting other's education comes into play though. Some people get their education from idiots though so that really doesn't apply to common sense in the real world.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap

Living in constant perpetual fear, where you're literally too scared to even go to work without being armed, really sounds like a fun way to go through life!

Welcome to the desert of the real, Neo.

It would be nice if it was lollipops and dandelions. It would be great if the worst things that existed were ice cream and bunnies.

Unfortunately that will never be the case. There will always be a violent side of mankind. Always. You can choose to ignore that by burying your head in the sand to that fact, but you have no right, zero, to make someone else do the same.

And carrying doesn't come from a place of fear, it comes from a place of simple logic, logic that used to be common sense...

This is a great post because these claims that conservatives and gun owners in particular are so fearful are themselves usually made by people who are most prone to fear. In the thread where I debunked the false narrative that fear and anxiety drive conservative politics, you'll note that in the studies often cited to "prove" this, the opposite is actually shown. Liberals who were tested were unable to handle unpleasant realities and chose to ignore them, while conservatives were usually able to cope with them. It explains a lot about our political landscape right now, actually.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
My sympathies to all those involved.
Reminded me of this...

We seem destined to keep repeating the same tragedies over and over again. The victims let down by a system that promised them protection.

I believe a good defense is the best offence. Half the reason I put a sign on the gate to my property that reads.
"Warning we don't call 911."

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LisaCandle

I have no idea what you are even trying to say.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Some people don't need to carry a gun especially those that are prone to road rage.
Many people are spending time in prison right now today over road rage shootings.
Its best not to carry a gun at all if you can't be responsible.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Do you lock any doors?

Our thieves down here don't carry guns for the most part though, they simply can't get them easily.

So, you fear that someone will enter your home and steal something? Is that why you lock the doors, or is it a form of insurance and deterrent to theft of your possessions or harm to you or family? If that is common sense, then so is a CCW for the exact same reason.

edit on 5/19/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trucker1
Some people don't need to carry a gun especially those that are prone to road rage.
Many people are spending time in prison right now today over road rage shootings.
Its best not to carry a gun at all if you can't be responsible.

If they pass the legal barriers for ownership, then what they "might do" is all speculation. Are you afraid you would not be able to handle the responsibility and feel like you would snap and shoot someone in anger? If so, then you are not a candidate, and should avoid it. However, not everyone is or thinks like you....at all.

Grasp that concept, that we are not all part of your "herd mentality" and we can live in peace with each other.

edit on 5/19/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Kryties

Do you lock any doors?

So, you fear that someone will enter your home and steal something? Is that why you lock the doors, or is it a form is insurance and deterrent to theft of your possession or harm to you or family? If that is common sense, then so is a CCW for the exact same reason.

Hey, hey, logic has no place in responding to the anti-gun extremists. Only emotion is allowed in this discussion. THINK OF THE CHILDREN! Nevermind how many children are protected by guns every year.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Her brother should sue her company. They were complicit in her murder because they wanted to play the "political correct card" and caused her to have no protection with her. Police officers cannot be at the side of any individual 24/7, and their response time is not nearly enough to help prevent crime and murder.

Every person, as individuals, is responsible for their own protection, and when an employer denies the ability of a person to protect themselves they are denied a human right.

edit on 19-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

They actually won't cut down on any of that. Kids getting guns and accidental shootings are the result of people not following laws and procedures

Look I'm not advocating it but if there is no easy or legal access to guns and less people have them then you understand how that would lead to fewer accidental shootings right?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

But would the overall effect be a net benefit when there are millions of defensive gun uses every year?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

But would the overall effect be a net benefit when there are millions of defensive gun uses every year?

Maybe. It would be an interesting fact to learn.

In any case the problem remains the same. The criminals that wont give up guns or follow gun laws.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Maybe. It would be an interesting fact to learn.

In any case the problem remains the same. The criminals that wont give up guns or follow gun laws.

And so the solution is to disarm those that will follow the law, while accepting that criminal will not? And, where the police response is minutes, with no legal responsibility to protect the individual citizen?

I ask you, how is that safer and better?

That is an honest question, and one in which I have never heard a viable answer from the anti-gun crowd. Never.

edit on 5/20/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

EXACTLY!!!!!

You said it all right there!

I've posted this before. A few years ago I was leaving the office for the evening. I was asked if I would give a couple of our Customer's Reps a ride back to their hotel, since it was on my way. When I went to that office I was always armed and everybody I worked with knew it. As we were going to the parking lot there were some guys leaning against a car passing a bottle around. When they saw us they started towards us. I'm on crutches, with two good looking women and between us we probably had about $20,000 worth of electronics. (laptops, presentation equipment, phones) I stopped for a second and adjusted my jacket, allowing them to see the pistol in my shoulder holster. They turned around, got into the car and left.

I can't say what would have happened. The women with me never saw a thing. You have to wonder how many times things like this happen. They would be kind of hard to count.

A few weeks ago I was getting gas. The guy at the next pump had a pistol on a belt holster. A woman on the other side of me said "Do you see that! He has a gun!" I said "So?" She says "Doesn't that bother you?" I moved my jacket aside and said "No, I have one too." The look on her face was priceless.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I disagree 100% with her company's decision.

Do your Constitutional rights apply everywhere in the USA, or only on your private property?

Your right to:
- freedom of religion
- free speech
- protection from unreasonable search or seizure
- trial by jury
- abolishment of slavery
- due process
- right to vote
- protection from excessive fines
- protection from cruel and unusual punishment

If your Constitutional right to bear arms can be denied by simply walking onto someone else's property, then by extension all of the above Constitutional rights can also be denied.

Of all our Constitutional rights, only the second states that it "shall not be infringed". It is the single most protected Constitutional right of all. If the 2nd can be denied, all of our rights can be denied.

So answer: does stepping onto someone else's property mean that the property owner can deny ALL of your Constitutional rights? Yes or No?

If No, then you have the undeniable right to bear arms on another person's property. Period.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join