It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars by 2033 - - - or 2060

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: olaru12
If we haven't been back to the moon since 72. In fact we haven't even been out of low earth orbit. Why do you think that is?

We are not being told something....

The US can't even put humans in low Earth orbit and hasn't been able to for a while now. I agree with you that somethings not being shared. I would like to think we have found a better way to get off the Earth and it can't be shared because of national security reasons.

That wouldn't explain why we're not still doing it the "old" way that is tried and proven to work. There's a simple reason we don't: cost/benefit. Nothing is being withheld from us. Our leaders simply don't think it's worth the investment.

There is no doubt that things are being withheld from us. What they are is the question.

Of course there are things being held from us, but some super secret reason why we're not doing much manned space exploration? Not needed. There's a very simple reason: cost.

The benefits gained from manned space flight, Apollo in particular, far out weigh the cost. I don't buy that argument.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I would say the Plank length is rather important as once we are able to resolve and measure such we may be able to determine whether or not the holographic principle holds any weight.

Those "things" are indeed comparable and extremely relevant when one considers our perspective and place within the macro universe in which we exist.

Tell you what, you show me evidence that there is no extraterrestrial life, and i will be rather impressed.

What does your gut say considering the scale of the place in question?

We not the only sentient race in a place that's for all intents and purpose infinite by its very nature.

We are simply not that lucky nor special. LoL

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

So what evidence do you have?

Enlighten me.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

None.

Aside from the infinite size and scale of the place in question.

Or the fact that the matter which comprises the visible universe can only take so many forms before repeating.

To imagine we are so unique or special is simply silly.

But if it's unequivocal proof you are after, thus far there is none and further study and information is most certainly required.
edit on 18-5-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

None.

Aside from the infinite size and scale of the place in question.

Or the fact that the matter which comprises the visible universe can only take so many forms before repeating.

To imagine we are so unique or special is simply silly.

But if it's unequivocal proof you are after, thus far there is none and further study and information is most certainly required.

What I find astonishing is that people that don't believe in extraterrestrial life will believe in demons, the devil, holy ghosts, and supernatural spiritual entities unquestionably because it's in the Bible.
edit on 18-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Git yah ahhhsss ta MAHHHHSSS!

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Tell you one thing, i would not rule out the possibility that there exist extradimensional/interdimensional beings that somehow manage to interact or flit and skip between there own planes of existence and our own.

That's probably where our interpretation of demons, the devil, ghosts, and other supernatural spiritual entities originate from rather than from another star system, considering the vast distances involved, and the possibility that other parallel timelines or dimensions exist less than a millimeter outwith or sync of our own dimension.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

None.

Sounds like a religion (cult) to me.

Give them your money.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Mate they will need to get in the queue like everyone else.

And Visa, MasterCard, Mr Rent Cheque, Lekkie, Gas, even Virgin are well up the line before the G Man, that's a given and just how my, and just about everyone else's, world spins.

Science and technology is humanities new religion these days, and one that offers repeatable, refinable, results and information, one that does not require a leap of blind faith nether.

It does not provide nor address all of the answers but it does enable us to build the tools and theories to at least pose some of the questions.

Fact is science is the only tool we have at our disposal that will possibly allow us to fathom the reason for existence if any at all.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Frankly, at this point I don't even care whether going to Mars is necessary. I just want to see it happen.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If we haven't been back to the moon since 72. In fact we haven't even been out of low earth orbit. Why do you think that is?

We are not being told something....

The US can't even put humans in low Earth orbit and hasn't been able to for a while now. I agree with you that somethings not being shared. I would like to think we have found a better way to get off the Earth and it can't be shared because of national security reasons.

That wouldn't explain why we're not still doing it the "old" way that is tried and proven to work. There's a simple reason we don't: cost/benefit. Nothing is being withheld from us. Our leaders simply don't think it's worth the investment.

There is no doubt that things are being withheld from us. What they are is the question.

Of course there are things being held from us, but some super secret reason why we're not doing much manned space exploration? Not needed. There's a very simple reason: cost.

The benefits gained from manned space flight, Apollo in particular, far out weigh the cost. I don't buy that argument.

You or I may think that, but we don't control the US budget. The people allocating the money don't see it as a priority. That's the reason we're stuck.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I would say the Plank length is rather important as once we are able to resolve and measure such we may be able to determine whether or not the holographic principle holds any weight.

Those "things" are indeed comparable and extremely relevant when one considers our perspective and place within the macro universe in which we exist.

Tell you what, you show me evidence that there is no extraterrestrial life, and i will be rather impressed.

What does your gut say considering the scale of the place in question?

We not the only sentient race in a place that's for all intents and purpose infinite by its very nature.

We are simply not that lucky nor special. LoL

Did you actually just ask me to prove a negative? That's pretty much the end of hoping to have an intelligent discussion. You don't understand how science and logic work.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Silly lad your perfectly aware of what i asked for, which you simply cannot provide.

You can't prove that there is no life off world any more than i can. LoL

I'm perfectly aware of how logic functions.

Your the one who seems to have rather a boolean attitude all the same.

Science requires organized knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions, quite simple really.

Anyhoo night, night. x

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Silly lad your perfectly aware of what i asked for, which you simply cannot provide.

You can't prove that there is no life off world any more than i can. LoL

I'm perfectly aware of how logic functions.

Your the one who seems to have rather a boolean attitude all the same.

Science requires organized knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions, quite simple really.

Anyhoo night, night. x

Yeah I'm well aware of what you asked for, and it showed profound ignorance on your part. None of that changes the fact that you believe in something for which there is no evidence, no different than religious people that you make fun of. Congrats on that. Ignorant and a hypocrite.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm actually not quite sure what i believe with regards to alien life/aliens visiting Earth.

I choose to keep an open mind all the same.

Profound ignorance eh?

What's profound about ignorance?

Certainly not much that's profound where you're concerned.

Think you might have somewhat of an attitude there mate. LoL

I don't make fun of anyone ya silly sausage, your the one who seems to be casting disturbance and making assumptions.

I suggest you grow up Son and/or learn some manners. x

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Keep embarrassing yourself. No amount of childish names and trying to make yourself sound like the adult in the conversation is gonna change what you're already on record saying. You don't look like much of an adult when you pretend you're walking away and then have to reply so you can have the last word, you just look petty. I won't engage you and derail a decent thread any longer. You're not here for adult conversation anyway.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

How does your belief system (which is not empirically validated) differ from that of the religious fanatic?

You both have no evidence to support your beliefs, yet you still embrace them while simultaneously ridiculing the religious for doing the exact same thing.

Why?
edit on 5/18/19 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Where have i pretended to walk away, i though that was your bag to be honest with your apparent refusal to continue the debate with me?

But no here you still are.

Unfortunately, i am an adult, whilst you now sound like your still attached to your mother's teat. LoL

What a nasty little specimen you seem to be this evening face23785.

Can't imagine who stole the Jam out your doughnut???

So because people don't agree with your flippant belligerent assumptions they don't offer meaningful conversation nor debate???

That must come in handy for you all the time. LoL

Like i said learn some manners, night, night. x

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

What do you imagine my ""belief system"" is?

I would say i choose to believe in science and mathematics, but keep an open mind as the extent of what we don't know about the universe borders on the extreme.

What's your claim to fame, where is your evidence to support your belief system whatever that may be?

"Why?"

That's actually a rather important and pertinent question i suppose.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Orange man bad?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join