It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We’re at the UFO Festival in Oregon....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Haven't heard about troubles at the museum. I was even thinking of taking my little girl over there? Will their doors remain open?

When we drove in the main entrance to the museum was blocked by an 18 wheeler.

I’m not really sure of the status of the museum or the water park (which is freakin’ sweet since you can slide out of a real 747!) but I do know that all of the Evergreen Aviation signs are down at the airport. Pretty sure the whole enterprise went bankrupt.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

/foster the next generation of UFO enthusiasts.

The modern UFO phenomena basically began what now, 72 years ago in 1947. Right? Generally speaking.
One of the main tenets of the whole field having veracity has been the notion that full on contact has not been established because the human race was not ready enough to accept this notion and could descend into chaos should our age old paradigms crumble with unquestionable contact.

During this 72 year period the major entertainment industries have been pumping us with speculative scenarios filling the big screens with alien movies and tvs with long running series. It is now to the point where it seems every other movie is based on alien contact.(exageration I know but you get that point).

So my over all point is that after all these years of acculturation there still is no universal contact, no proof that does not take speculation. No Boom, here we are, no deal with it. All we have is trying to drum up ''enthusiasts'' to hash over all the old material that has been hashed over for decades All we have is ''where are they'' and ''why have they not made themselves known to us on a universal scale.

How long do we have to wait or hope or acclimate to the possibility before we are ready?
I mean look at Ancient Aliens. How many shows have they done and for how long, They have covered every angle and every event and anybody that has any interest at all can find most of the existing information right there.

So where are they.

Maybe mufon is old and stuffy because it is filled with a bunch of old guys who have been watching and waiting for all of their lives and all they have to show for it is a convention here or there, now and then hoping for enough of the younger generation to become ''enthusiasts'' to help support them in their old age by buying there books and attending their lectures.

It seems like a field of stones and every year or so some new people walk through this field looking under each rock hoping to find the ''proof'' that we all want only to be followed a year or two down the line looking under the very same rocks once again. And on and on it goes.

Where are they?

Better we could be re-evaluating the whole field of study trying to ascertain what all of these phenomena have been without considering that they are physical aliens who for one reason or another have chosen to just keep hiding from us and only whisper at us from the shadows.

I see what you’re saying but no one in that organization seems interested in “passing the torch”.

Case in point... I started trying to talk to them and they seemed to dismiss me and were generally disinterested since I didn’t want to buy the guys book outright (quite literally to your point).

I can see why they hold that opinion though - but it’s ironic. I wasn’t wearing the suit I usually put on M-F, I’m only partially gray haired and I probably appeared overly excited. But when I put it like that... wouldn’t you be stoked if someone who was your junior was seriously interested and excited in your area of interest?

This is a retirement hobby for these people (both guys and gals) and it was disappointing they weren’t sharper. No data, flimsy handouts, rehashed material, etc.

Hell, I have a pic of more than one of them sleeping during the Lazar movie.

Disappointing. My wife and I are figuring out how to solve this problem.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I’m with MUFON and 36.
Not all of us are in retirement lol.

Then your chapter is better off than ours apparently!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Any chance you recorded Lazar's last public presentation and could post it to YouTube?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I’m with MUFON Canada though.
There are quite a few younger folks.
I have no idea how the organization is in the USA.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You are correct as to how we can reinterpret from our modern perspective the observation's made long before our time.

The Last UFO (the only time as an adult) if I may call it that which I saw was one night walking from a factory were I was working in the town of Skelmersdale in west Lancashire over here in England back to the town of Ormskirk were I lived then and still do today and was passing through the small village of Westhead which is situated between the two on the Ormskirk side of the village.

It was late (for me after my shift) approximately 2:45 am and blowing quite a gale but thankfully not raining though the cloud layer was quite low I would guesstimate somewhere between 200 to 300 feet and thank's to the huge amount of light pollution we had back then which was even more than today the underside of the cloud's was illuminated mustard yellow by the bright sodium street light's and light's from other sources in the area.

I felt this sensation of being watched and instinctively jerked my head up and looked right at it, I think if anything I startled it, the thing was flew off about as fast as an RAF Tornado jet fighter we used to see over here sometime's on low level training exercises back then (the RAF did most of that training in wales so were probably just overflying our area to get there the few time's I had seen them), so very fast and it was flying against the wind direction as well, over the wind which was I have to say it was silent though you would expect an aircraft moving at that speed to create a sonic boom, no boom.

I can no give a better description than this, it was reflective like in appearance like a mirror, no light's, circular and seeming domed so maybe spherical and was flying from over Westhead toward Pilkington Laboratory's.

At the time I was experiencing also some pretty unpleasant - what you may call paranormal activity and had for some time prior to this but this is not the thread for that.

But as for those historical cases some of them were pretty strange as you point out and here is an example of prime strangeness.

There is an infamous case of a ship overflying a graveyard that seems' to have been used twice (once in England and one in Ireland) and may have it's origin's as a made up story by an author, the story goes that the ship in the sky had snagged an anchor on a grave stone and a sailor form this ship climbed down the rope only to be met by the congregation from inside the church whom had ran out to capture him and he drowned in there arm's from our air which he apparently could not breath as if he were under water, he had been trying to free the anchor, the ship waited in the sky for a time then the crew realizing that there companion was not coming back up the rope cut it and sailed off in the sky.

Now not only does this make you wonder what interesting concoctions those old Alchemists may have been brewing and trying out on the villagers but it show's how implausible some of those old tales really are.

But other's are far more interesting and not like this obviously made up story - or was it, could it have been a case of two reality's colliding and for a moment a window between two different earth's opening up in that place, one were the sailors were on there sea but another were there sea did not exist and instead it's bed was the location of a village?.

For some high strangeness the Fortean time's is a great, perhaps the best resource available.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting that you equate that period with not only your ufo sighting but other psychic experiences as well. Myself, I can offer no proof of a connection between these types of ''extra'' experiences but somehow surmise for my own sense of being that there could easily be a connection though what remains just one more question.

For sources I now hold only two types. My own experiences and everything else. I pay little attention to everything else in books or stories like the one about flying over the graveyard, there is just to much to try and decipher what could be real and what just imagination or down right fraud. Talking to people on a one to one level such as you and I I hold I give much more credence because what would you have to gain from a complete stranger on the internet. So in these discussions I discount the down right fraudulent motive and dispense with my disbelief to allow for a persons imaginative retelling of their experience. I like yours because it is so matter of fact and almost with a heightened
awareness of your surroundings at that moment.

If you have interest here is a link to my third UFO sighting in 1965
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As well, here is an old thread of a dramatic psychic experience I had back in those days.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My innocent thinking in those times was that it was all part of an awakening of sorts that sooner rather than later would engulf us all. However over the last 50 years for me at least those experiences have almost completely waned with only a few and much more subtle nudges from the unexplainable. Now in my old age I think I prefer to allow much of it to remain ''unexplainable'' or behind the veil. I have come to appreciate ''the veil'' not as an encumbrance to higher truths but rather as a necessary protection ''bubble'' of this reality and the magnitude within which it exists.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU

Any chance you recorded Lazar's last public presentation and could post it to YouTube?

Unfortunately I didn’t. Strict policies against filming any of the presenters and those policies are strongly enforced (if you get caught, you get booted out - no questions asked)... there were authorized camera crews there however so there is video of it.

I do have some pictures as “proof” of attendance but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to post an image on this site.

Was a great trip!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I’m with MUFON Canada though.
There are quite a few younger folks.
I have no idea how the organization is in the USA.

since you're with MUFON, why is it still hard to find info on regular G.I.'s encounter when they are out in the field....even after they leave military service , I don't hear as much, as all the other "encounters".... am I just not going to the right place for info, or have they been told to keep their mouth shut even after discharge?
edit on 19-5-2019 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Check your inbox.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join