It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We’re at the UFO Festival in Oregon....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Listened to David Paulides last night. Overall a good presentation. He stated fact-based and did a nice job laying out his observations without getting speculative or drawing wonky conclusions.

The MUFON folks seemed really disinterested and almost falling asleep when I spoke with them. They need some younger blood in their ranks - perhaps have someone join them who is under retirement age to engage people more/foster the next generation of UFO enthusiasts.

Also picked up some vintage white papers at the local antique shop on the UFO phenomenon. Will read and report back!

This is our second year attending - overall it’s a great event in a cool little town that’s much like where We’re from.

My wife and I are headed to listen to Bob Lazar today in what’s slated to be his “final public presentation”. Love Bob or hate him he’s a pretty big figure in the UFO community so I’m curious to hear what he has to say first hand. Will keep you all posted on that one!

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Realized my comment about having MUFON folks who are below “retirement age” might not come off properly. There’s no disrespect intended with that comment - rather it’s an observation. As a guy in his early 30s with a passion for the subject these folks weren’t terribly exciting. Perfectly friendly and nice without a doubt... just not super engaging.

This made me think that there needs to be someone who’s younger involved to engage people down into their 20s or teens on this subject in a way that resonates with them. It got my wheels spinning as to how I can help accomplish that.

But it makes sense about the demographics. I have two little girls with another likely on the way and work 60+ hours just about every week, sleep 5-7 hours a night if I’m lucky and have most weekends tied up with kids activities.

Doesn’t leave a lot of time to spread the word.

But hey, at least I get a weekend alone with my wife and have the freedom to get a bloody marry in an hour without judgement!

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Sounds like you're having a good time , reckon you'll enjoy listening to Bob Lazar as I know I would.

As for MUFON , their loss is your gain , personally I'd steer clear of them.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Sounds like a fun time. We do not get UFO conventions around here at all, I would go to one if there was one within a hundred miles, it would be a fun time. I wouldn't mind going to a Star Trek convention, but I do not even know if they have those anymore, most of the original guys and gals are sick or dead except Shatner I think.

We do go to an ancient artifact convention every year, it is interested and one year there was a UFO guy there as a speaker. I didn't have a chance to talk to him in person though, his presentation was on ancient UFO encounters in the drawings and etchings of the ancient structures all over, which he had personally gone to see.

Have fun, If I was younger, I would probably be interested in going to a farther one, but my luck, our Jet would run into a UFO on the flight out to it.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sounds like a fun time. We do not get UFO conventions around here at all, I would go to one if there was one within a hundred miles, it would be a fun time. I wouldn't mind going to a Star Trek convention, but I do not even know if they have those anymore, most of the original guys and gals are sick or dead except Shatner I think.

We do go to an ancient artifact convention every year, it is interested and one year there was a UFO guy there as a speaker. I didn't have a chance to talk to him in person though, his presentation was on ancient UFO encounters in the drawings and etchings of the ancient structures all over, which he had personally gone to see.

Have fun, If I was younger, I would probably be interested in going to a farther one, but my luck, our Jet would run into a UFO on the flight out to it.

We’re lucky one of the largest UFO conventions in the world is a 1.5 hour drive from us.

Watching the most recent Lazar/Knapp film again right now before Bob and George take the stage.

David Fravor is up next if we can stick it out and not get lunch.

Lots of people coming out of the woodwork here. Ran into multiple folks who have written books on the subject yet I’ve never heard of them (which doesn’t mean they aren’t prominent - just never hit my radar).

Will let you guys know what I think of Bob after open Q&A. My primary focus is seeing if I believe him or think he’s full of S. Hard to discern that from documentaries and YouTube videos.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

How many days is the conference?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

How many days is the conference?

Two days of speakers - Friday and Saturday

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just listened to Lazar and Knapp so open Q&A.

Lazar seems legit to me. He said nothing fanciful, dismisses commentary about “aliens” and the origin of the craft he worked on. Never seemed rattled by questions.

Lazar did have a stress response from one of the questions where he touched his neck and seemed to be not so much unsure in his answers but rather a little bit stressed out by them.

Given the fact-based, no nonsense commentary from hm as well as the commentary from Jeremy Corbell about just how much digging he did into bobs story I buy it. They did a really nice, fact-based discussion and explained the detail behind their process of verification.

Unless further info comes to light I’m going to say Lazar is legit going forward.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just listened to Lazar and Knapp so open Q&A.

Lazar seems legit to me. He said nothing fanciful, dismisses commentary about “aliens” and the origin of the craft he worked on. Never seemed rattled by questions.

Lazar did have a stress response from one of the questions where he touched his neck and seemed to be not so much unsure in his answers but rather a little bit stressed out by them.

Given the fact-based, no nonsense commentary from hm as well as the commentary from Jeremy Corbell about just how much digging he did into bobs story I buy it. They did a really nice, fact-based discussion and explained the detail behind their process of verification.

Unless further info comes to light I’m going to say Lazar is legit going forward.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Is Jimmy Roberts there?

Most of that guy's work seems off the rails, but once in a while he snags something interesting.

Also, anyone like David Wilcock?

I find some of those people interesting though I don't exactly believe their stories 100%.

link   
Is Jimmy Roberts there?

Most of that guy's work seems off the rails, but once in a while he snags something interesting.

Also, anyone like David Wilcock?

I find some of those people interesting though I don't exactly believe their stories 100%.

link   

/foster the next generation of UFO enthusiasts.

The modern UFO phenomena basically began what now, 72 years ago in 1947. Right? Generally speaking.
One of the main tenets of the whole field having veracity has been the notion that full on contact has not been established because the human race was not ready enough to accept this notion and could descend into chaos should our age old paradigms crumble with unquestionable contact.

During this 72 year period the major entertainment industries have been pumping us with speculative scenarios filling the big screens with alien movies and tvs with long running series. It is now to the point where it seems every other movie is based on alien contact.(exageration I know but you get that point).

So my over all point is that after all these years of acculturation there still is no universal contact, no proof that does not take speculation. No Boom, here we are, no deal with it. All we have is trying to drum up ''enthusiasts'' to hash over all the old material that has been hashed over for decades All we have is ''where are they'' and ''why have they not made themselves known to us on a universal scale.

How long do we have to wait or hope or acclimate to the possibility before we are ready?
I mean look at Ancient Aliens. How many shows have they done and for how long, They have covered every angle and every event and anybody that has any interest at all can find most of the existing information right there.

So where are they.

Maybe mufon is old and stuffy because it is filled with a bunch of old guys who have been watching and waiting for all of their lives and all they have to show for it is a convention here or there, now and then hoping for enough of the younger generation to become ''enthusiasts'' to help support them in their old age by buying there books and attending their lectures.

It seems like a field of stones and every year or so some new people walk through this field looking under each rock hoping to find the ''proof'' that we all want only to be followed a year or two down the line looking under the very same rocks once again. And on and on it goes.

Where are they?

Better we could be re-evaluating the whole field of study trying to ascertain what all of these phenomena have been without considering that they are physical aliens who for one reason or another have chosen to just keep hiding from us and only whisper at us from the shadows.

link   

Sounds like an awesome event! I would love to go to something like this!

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Did you know that the spruce goose is housed in the same town?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I’m with MUFON and 36.
Not all of us are in retirement lol.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I will go with that but reword it a little, the Flying Saucer age began in 1947 but in fact goes in a more or less continuous and unbroken line back into antiquity, they have always been there it is just that our interpretation of them has changed over time from the sighting's of shields (disc shaped objects) by Alexander the great and his army to the air ship flap's of the late 1800's and early 1900's to the foo fighters of WW2.
civilianmilitaryintelligencegroup.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

There are in fact a great many account's that were often regarded as sign's and portent's by the people of the past, there understanding of what they saw was flavored by there cultural understanding of it, some description's of those pre UFO age description's are distinctly paranormal sounding while other's like Alexanders flying shield's fit right in with modern descriptions of disc shaped craft.
Some may have been mirage like the phantom city seen over part of China and other's may have been actual paranormal experiences of those that witnessed them.
Not everything has to be aliens' or human misinterpretation and there is room for the spiritual in the phenomena as well.

Sound's like a fun event I agree and yes it has been perhaps made into something of an excuse to make money like most thing's in life, real researchers after the truth - unless the write a book or are actively trying to tell people about it are more likely to be poor as church mice.

edit on 18-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Did you know that the spruce goose is housed in the same town?

I did. And I’ve been to it!

And I’m also aware of the troubles with Evergreen Aviation. We’ll see what comes of all of that...

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Haven't heard about troubles at the museum. I was even thinking of taking my little girl over there? Will their doors remain open?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thank you Tech for some ''meat'' to chew. One of the things that has become apparent from this decades surge of interest in alien visitation is the opening up of our interpretations of those ancient events which for the most part became codified into religious symbols. For me at least this modern avenue of thinking of those old stories outside of the religious box of the gods did this or the gods did that could allow us to contemplate more freely whatever the subtle ''truth'' we seek could really be.

I have to wonder of those pictures and tales of yore, just how established were those events in reality. Were they just depictions of vague experiences like so many today? Lights in the sky kind of stuff? We don't know. And I guess that frosts me a bit having had several sightings as a youth, way back in my own history.

Some how it seems that the whole issue seems to skip beyond our sight. Like a floater in our eye. You know those, those things that float in the fluid of our eyes at times. And when we try to focus on them they just drift away off to the side and won't allow us to look directly at them? Their still there but they just elude our ability to look at them directly?

This is now for me a paramount attribute of this whole phenomena, it just skips ahead of us basically remaining a mystery, calling us to open up and explore all the avenues we can think of . Your mention of spiritual avenues seems to me to be a prime field. Not in the sense of angels and demons but rather coming to reconsider those two codified concepts as well, them being just one more example of as you say, defining and interpreting according to the contexts of any time and any place.

Of my three sightings the most memorable occurred almost 55 years ago. What I thought at the time, that I was just privy to a soon to be wide spread revelation has turned out to not be the case. Indeed, as I had had several with in a span of 10 years, once it was clear to me that there was more to this existence than meets the immediate eye, they stopped. Likewise a number of what can be considered profound psychic experiences stopped as well.

Where I am now is considering that these sightings and experiences are all orientated towards individuals rather than our race as a whole. That's not do say that I reject that we are ''all'' as a whole are not awakening but rather that it is indivuduals comprising aspects of the whole that are inching forward. I say inching because I don't believe that where we might be headed in our development can be accomplished by following ANYBODY or any established belief systems. And not that we should abandon all those completely but only to hold their ''truth'' as aspects or guideposts of how others have advanced before us and now how we should go it ourselves.

Like the old tome that to get into heaven, we must do it one at at time. I"m tossing out a lot of vaguely formed ruminations here but it's not often that anyone offers so much ''meat'' on this topic as you have. So thanks for that Tech.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Possible sample size issue.

Any civilization more than 4 billion light years away, does not even know Earth exists at all.

Any civilization between about 3 billion light years to 200,000~ light years away knows Earth exists, but either doesn't detect intelligent life here, or sees giant monsters of nightmares roaming around murdering each other in epic battles. (Dinosaurs or otherwise)
Not really the kind of place you want to send a science team.

Only systems within about 20,000-0 light years away, know intelligent life of some form, has developed here.

The best reason for us to get scopes advanced enough to check our closest neighbors for habitable planets? Those are the most likely places we will find any potential "invasion" force, gearing up to attack us.

Not that we want to start friendly Tim Allen - Wilson fence side conversations.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join