It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thing about masons and conspiracies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You exist. That speaks for you being suspect. You are real. But nobody knows why you exist. Because men love to form groups? Because it's good to know people?
Why all the rituals? Why do you have to believe in a supreme being?
When people talk about masons they include all secret brotherhoods in their definition. I guess they shouldn't.
So why are you so successful for so long? Is it often family tradition? Is it common people who are in one secret brotherhood are also part of the Masons? I would argue that if you're into this stuff you probably want more than dressing in an apron and gloves to talk about the wife and kids and work and things.
You want only members with a spotless record and you strive to be good men, right? Does that include your psychological development?
And what are you teaching your members? Like Hubbard, a mason he came up with Scientology, which allegedly started as a bet, did he learn the methods to break and exploit people from your club?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Sounds like you want to join....but nobody will ask you to. The Masons are just an upscale Moose club.....with better bennies and a better secret handshake.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
I always wondered what they did in those moose clubs. You know besides bingo night. Not so much the masons, I think there is only one or two mason clubs within a 300 mile radius were I am at, but likely over a dozen of those moose clubs.

But I suppose people must have clubs to join. I frankly think that cities closing down the civic centers and rec centers is a bad idea, I remember that when I was a kid, everybody used to go there on Saturdays or Fridays, play basketball, pool, break dance, and all kinds of things, or just to hang out, way more interesting then the moose clubs.

But I suppose old folks got to be somewhere else other then the mall every morning. Its good to herd them into these clubs to keep them out of the streets driving 40 in a 60 mile lane.

Now its like a ghost town though in the rec centers though, I guess nobody just much goes out or outside anymore.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I love when someone post's their opinions and try to construe them as facts,my family were masons,they were good people,like calling all gun owners criminals,.because they all have guns

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Masons are good at making money. That is one of the main reasons to join.

Easier to start a small business for example,,

edit on 18-5-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

They also are great customers, for a bakery for example.
edit on 18-5-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Define 'good people'.
What is 'good' for some can be 'bad' for others.

The greater good could be eugenics.....not good for those in mental institutions.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
You exist. That speaks for you being suspect. You are real. But nobody knows why you exist. Because men love to form groups? Because it's good to know people?

It's a group of men who want to be better men. Some join so they can be Shriners, some join because their fathers were masons, some just get curious as to what it is, and man up enough to find out first hand.

Why all the rituals? Why do you have to believe in a supreme being?

Rituals are done to teach lessons. They have been done the same way for centuries. Since it's all done mouth to ear, it has to be exact every time, so the meaning isn't lost. (or as close as it can be) It's said that you must believe in a creator so your oaths would be binding, but the bulk of what is taught comes from the Bible, so not believing in a creator would be confusing. Perhaps another brother can clarify that more.

When people talk about masons they include all secret brotherhoods in their definition. I guess they shouldn't.
So why are you so successful for so long? Is it often family tradition? Is it common people who are in one secret brotherhood are also part of the Masons?'

Masonry is different than other clubs. It's set up in such a way that you have to want to do it, and be willing to put in some work to become a mason. Once you are there, you can do lots of sub groups that have specific tasks, and all have a select charity that they work to support. Like the Scottish Rite sub group, we meet a couple times a year and act our plays to teach new members the lessons of the degree. I didn't know acting was such fun, but now I do. If I wanted parades and driving little cars, or dressing up like a clown, I'd be active in the Shrine.

I would argue that if you're into this stuff you probably want more than dressing in an apron and gloves to talk about the wife and kids and work and things.
You want only members with a spotless record and you strive to be good men, right? Does that include your psychological development?
And what are you teaching your members? Like Hubbard, a mason he came up with Scientology, which allegedly started as a bet, did he learn the methods to break and exploit people from your club?

We take good men and make them better. We don't take bad men and try to make them good. When you work to help others, it fills a need you had somewhere inside and completes a part of you. So I'd say it does work on the psychological part as well as the spiritual part. But in order to get the benefits, you have to be active and do stuff. Otherwise, you just get a nice ring, and lots of lapel pins.

The lessons we teach revolve around being a good person, treating others like you would like to be treated, not sleeping with your friends wife, you know, the kind of things we all should already know, but some seem to forget. And the quality of men you meet is amazing. So when you make a friend in the lodge, it's a privilege to have such an amazing friend. And I can go anywhere in the world, and find a mason, and have an instant friend, as we share a brotherhood that is universal.

I hope that is what you were asking.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Was L. Ron Hubbard actually a Freemason or just had connections to the OTO/Jack Parsons which is why some people label him a Freemason?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I work with a guy who is a Templar even has that on his license plate. He seem like a good dude. He did tells us a little (little) about some ships back in the day that had treasure on them. Makes me wonder if some of that treasure wasn't used to build this country.

edit on 18-5-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Elks Lodge.

We play bridge.

And there's a bar.

One weekend a month there's a dance night.

We collect dues.

We sponsor a local food bank and an animal shelter.

Oh. . . and plot to overthrow the earth and rule it under an iron fist of authoritarianism and despair.

And we have cake.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

From what I have found, he was in the O.T.O. but not a mason.
It's good to see you around. It's been a while.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

we don't have a bar. We have........tea. But please don't remind "that guy". He likes to bust my balls over that.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

And what are you teaching your members?

That's a very personal question and I'm not sure if I want to answer questions about mine on the internet.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

we don't have a bar. We have........tea. But please don't remind "that guy". He likes to bust my balls over that.

You rang?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I'm sorry about that. I haven't played a sober hand of bridge in years. I don't think I'd know how.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
I work with a guy who is a Templar even has that on his license plate. He seem like a good dude. He did tells us a little (little) about some ships back in the day that had treasure on them. Makes me wonder if some of that treasure wasn't used to build this country.

I think someone is having a little fun at your expense.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Because men love to form groups?

And women too. People with like minded goals always come together for camaraderie and all that. The old Freemasonry groups which protected livelihoods and skills e.g. stonemasons, have been taken over by modern day clubs and such. It's all harmless, unless you convince yourselves that the village gardening club is the font of all evil, and then you should ask who has got the problem.

People with too much time on their hands think the Masons run the world.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Masons are overrated. The only things that could ever said to be cool about them are all untrue.
edit on 18-5-2019 by TheSteppenwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What that he is not a Templar? Or the ship part? One really doesn't know what to believe. Whos word do you take as truth Hell people other than him have brought up the ship part. I do like the charitable work they do.

The clown thing is a little scary though.
edit on 18-5-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And we have cake

I'll reserve my judgment until I know what sort of cake......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join