It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook temporarily suspends Candace Owens over post about ‘liberal supremacy’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Conservative activist Candace Owens had her Facebook Page "temporarily" suspended because "THEY" determined a post was a violation of their "Community Standards", in particular, hate speech !!

Later it was "determined" the post wasn't a violation !!

FB using standard Democrat tactics by using unfounded reasons and letting it stand for a period of time just enough to make people automatically believe they were correct.

Then they suddenly "correct" an error 😆 long after the majority already reaches a conclusion 😆

Candace's general comment was: “Black America must wake up to the great liberal hoax. White supremacy is not a threat. Liberal supremacy is.”

That sure did trigger some live-wires at the FB Sturmabteilung Enforcement Bureau. The Reichsführer was angry !! 😆

Facebook temporarily suspends Candace Owens over post about ‘liberal supremacy’

Facebook temporarily suspended – then restored -- conservative commentator Candace Owens’s account this week after she posted about the “liberal supremacy” threat to black Americans.

In a statement to Fox News, Facebook said they reinstated her account a day later after determining the post wasn’t in violation of community standards.

“We’ve restored Ms. Owens' post and removed the block on her account after confirming that the content didn’t violate our policies,” a Facebook spokesperson said Friday.

In an interview with Fox News, Owens said “there were no threats or hard language” in her post. She said she believes “this is an attempt to silence” her effort to “present a different story to America.”

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hmm, let me give them an example:

" I hate censorship"
I hate leftist dogmatism
I hate pre conceived notions against any segment of society

I hate facebook, instagram, twitter and all the other refuse people refer to as social networking

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
They should dial things back until all this cools down. But I guess they really are that naive in many ways. They think they are untouchable.

Times coming pretty soon where they will have to chose, either publisher or platform. They lose either way, if they chose publisher they are liable and will have lawyers lined up for miles with lawsuits. If they chose platform, then they'll no longer be able to craft their narrative and be "forced" to let the vial evil people they despise spout their ists/isms and "radicalize" the children.

It's going to happen, especially if they keep drawing attention to themselves.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
When will these technocrats learn that they are doing these people like Candace Owens a favor when they ban or suspended them?

This is what happens when you are too left-brain dominant in your thinking. You believe you are always right, but you never see the whole picture. You will become undone. Any bit of good you actually stood for will be swept away with you.

How you achieve your aims is as important as the why. Please learn this, people.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Facebook is just planting seeds and watching the narrative grow. They still think they are a neutral platform.
💩

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Since the day I left FB, twitter, and all the rest, I have been better off. I can focus on important things on the internet.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Agreed. I didn't leave them altogether, but now only use it to keep in touch with people I knew who I can't physically see now, and showcase my artwork to my friends. No more political crap, or trying to open people's eyes and all that anymore.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

And no one is surprised.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Facebook is Raaaaaaaacist!

Did I do that right???

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Just another example of corporate censorship.

Just waiting for the leftists to applaud the move.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

In My Mind , you know , the Place of " Forbidden Thoughts " , I am Thinking Right Now that Facebook can just East the Peanuts Out of my Feces , and Say that it Is GOOD .................

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Anti Trust , Or Trust . That is the Question . Whether it is Nobler to Suffer the Slings and Arrows of Outrageous Fortune , or to Just Contemplate the Extermination of My Enemies that Wish to Kill ME before they Succeed ?

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Another component in their decision. If they chose to go the route of publisher, then they will probably be subjected to anti trust regulation and get broken up.

They are really in a no win situation, the obvious choice is to go the route of platform and stop their ridiculous crusade against "alt righters".

Either way, I'd personally be dumping any stock I have in these large tech companies. The biscuit wheels are about to fall off the gravy train.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Well, that's OK if the censorship is against people who are on the opposite side of Mark’s ideology.

Facebook is a private company and can be as much biased as they want! If you don’t like it go to another platform!

Said all leftists on ATS ever about censorship. A pretty lame excuse to not admit this is absolutely unethical.
edit on 18/5/2019 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Well, that’s OK to censorship people who are on the opposite side of Mark’s ideology.

Facebook is a private company and can be as much biased as they want! If you don’t like it go to another platform!

Said all leftists on ATS ever about censorship. A pretty lame excuse to not admit this is absolutely unethical.

That's what they said and then people did just that, create new platforms that are free(er) of censorship.....

Of course once they were created they were censored by anyone who could wield their tech/media/social influence to shut them down. I guess it's hard to see hypocrisy when you are such a high level hypocrite.

Truly a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. Thankfully it seems more people, than ever, are starting to see the true nature of the current online world. Step in line and tow the narrative or be de-personed and striped of your ability to conduct financial transactions.

I guess all these tech companies just moved too fast and too soon for the average freedom loving american, the backlash will be glorious. Like the whole world standing outside watching a planet be consumed by the sun.

In 5 years, the social media landscape might very well be completely unrecognizable from what it is today.....for the better.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Classic "Player//Ball" Syndrome 😎🉐

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Classic "Player//Ball" Syndrome 😎🉐

Cute dog....one of you're best posts.

No vapes either. You're literally turning the corner and I'm right there to give you a big hug....

Excuse my intoxication if you are put off.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So im guessing OP has the data that shows zero 'liberals' have been suspended over posts?

Likely not.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
We could say what actually happened, which is a bunch of people who dont like her spam reported her post, the bots they use took down her page responding to it, and when a human reviewed they determined it didnt violate their policy...

but saying it was right wing censorship sounds a lot more fun apparently.
edit on 18-5-2019 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
We could say what actually happened, which is a bunch of people who dont like her spam reported her post, the bots they use took down her page responding to it, and when a human reviewed they determined it didnt violate their policy...

but saying it was right wing censorship sounds a lot more fun apparently.

Nah technology is just magic. It just works. Don't think about it.

If(isConservativePost())[banConservstive();]

Might as well be that for the alt right.

Stop breaking curly brackets ATS
edit on 18-5-2019 by AScrubWhoDied because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join