It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.92% of US population commits 75+% of mass shootings - Media remains silent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
But being a thug is kewl brah.

Think of the clout and the social media posts.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
So when we say "mass shootings" , we talking about gang violence or just strolling into a movie theater or school and killing a bunch of random people just because "I had a bad day"?

Edit: oh wait, just read. This is another "poor us white people " thread.

We're talking about how walking into a movie theatre and shooting a bunch of random people is called "mass shooting" by the media and reported on and talked over constantly while walking into a neighborhood of families with 3 guys who spray 200 rounds and shoot 20 people is somehow not reported on, not talked over, and not considered a "mass" shooting even though the very definition of mass shooting applies perfectly to what happened.

SHHHHH.... you are going to make sense. We can't point out truths when some have worked so ardently to hide this.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

So when we say "mass shootings" , we talking about gang violence or just strolling into a movie theater or school and killing a bunch of random people just because "I had a bad day"?

Edit: oh wait, just read. This is another "poor us white people " thread.

We're talking about how walking into a movie theatre and shooting a bunch of random people is called "mass shooting" by the media and reported on and talked over constantly while walking into a neighborhood of families with 3 guys who spray 200 rounds and shoot 20 people is somehow not reported on, not talked over, and not considered a "mass" shooting even though the very definition of mass shooting applies perfectly to what happened.

So again, we talking about gang violence or randoms that just snap?

We are talking about mass shootings. How much more clear do we need to make that. If a family is having a BBQ in the back yard with 30-40 people in it and a car rolls up and targets 1 person in that group, does that make it any different than someone targeting 1 person in a theater, or a church?

What can't you understand?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Congratulations on your fixation.
What is your solution?
Be honest.

Stop paying welfare for out of wedlock babies would be a start. In some cases we are dealing with people who grew up on welfare and think that is the way of life. Like the following video says 18 months on welfare and then it stops. Work or starve youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

What if they are not targeting anyone?

Also, if someone with good shot placement walks into a place with 20 people and unloads a gun into their target, never placing in danger any innocent bystanders, is that a mas shooting?

One more, if a father loses his marbles and goes home and shoots his wife and 3 kids, making it technically a mass shooting, does it put it in the same category as a random act of violence?

Seems like the devil is in the details.

edit on 18-5-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

What if you drive down the street unloading randomly and you only kill one person wounding several others, is that a mass shooting?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
1.92 % of the entire population? Thats a lot of people, like 6 million people!

I would have hoped that 100% of the mass shootings would have been commited by those 6 million. But no, still 25% of mass shootings are commited by shall we say "less trigger happy" souls amoung the 320 million remaining. Those are pretty scary numbers

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Most of the real violence is done by street gangs. Street gangs exist like they do, due to either government incompetence, or government malice. Government enables all of it, while pretending to fight it.

Ok , you made the claim as a fact so...
How does government affect gangs and their creation ?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Held to different standards.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: TKDRL
Most of the real violence is done by street gangs. Street gangs exist like they do, due to either government incompetence, or government malice. Government enables all of it, while pretending to fight it.

Ok , you made the claim as a fact so...
How does government affect gangs and their creation ?

I was going to ask.

But government sending crack into these areas?
Locking up the fathers for no crime?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

I was unaware government was forcing people to use crack, that's terrible. Please source which government officials do this, I want to specifically know who is holding them down, they need to go to jail.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

the fact that a person is willing to kill innocent people for what reasons they justify in their mind, is really scary.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

1.92% of the ENTIRE population of 327 million people, commit the VAST majority of these crimes and that is black males age 14-35.

So you say its not who we think it is (even though nutjobs are nutjobs) but who you say it is then offers no evidence or data outside of a lengthy diatribe outside of pinning it on black kids and men aged 14-35, then doubles down with the wink.

I needed a good laugh to send me to sleep and you gave it to me. Thanks bro.

edit on 18-5-2019 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
You'll find that illegal aliens commit 43% of all crimes in America too. It's stunning.

Link to the statistics?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
1.92% of US population commits 75+% of mass shootings - Media remains silent

That figure is bullsnip.

Out of 330 million firearms a .000X percentage is used in the commission of a crime already in violation of existing LAW.

OTHER things are used to kill,injure people than anything.

Among them are FISTS,BATS,vehicles,drugs, and the most TABOO ABORTION.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
OR if you prefer;

1.92 % of 327 million is 6 million and some change.

6 million mass shootings!

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

law enforcement is not the responsibility of our government, if the government did what you're expecting it would get pretty brutal for the communities affected by gang violence, government stopping violence generally involves mass arrests and lethal actions against people that resist with violence.

be careful what you ask for.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think blaming it all on single parent households is an absurd over simplification of the whole issue.

There's so many factors at play here that blaming it entirely on one family households is exceedingly dishonest.

Let's see factors at play,

- being sold the victim mentality since childhood by the media.

- being born into poverty.

- being sold a scapegoat to blame for thier problems in the form of the white devil and past slavery of ancestors.

- the promotion and glorification of thug culture in thier entertainment media.

- the demonization of any member of their community that doesn't buy into what the media is trying to sell them. Slurs like Uncle Tom come to mind.

- the promotion of race and thier "black" identity as well as self segregation and need to create a separate "black" culture.

- snitches get stitches and the promotion of non cooperation with the law.

- dumbing down in the form of looking down on education in their community.

- infidelity and being a player being treated as the gold standard for how to behave.

- being treated as a sex object and bitchiness and acceptance of the player culture encouraged.

- embedded gang culture that's further protected by the snitches get stitches and promotion of distrust of legal authority.

- the fact that there actually is some serious corruption in our legal system and many police forces that help encourage the flagrant disregard and distrust of authority.

- many policies that work to maintain the status quo by encouraging and promoting much of the above. Including divisive infected bandaid race based policies.

- the encouragement and creation of divisive protest groups such as black lives matter, which is made even worse by groups like antifa inserting themselves into any left wing protests to make them violent rather than peaceful.

- broken families due to many aforementioned issues. Yes it is one of the things on the list.

- that racism is not one hundred percent dead, though in many cases that racism is a self defense mechanism due to fear from much of the above. Not excusing it, just explaining it.

- refusal of media to allow open and honest discussions on the topic.

- malnourishment due to poverty and rampant drug use due to dealers on every corner, combined with rampant poverty, depression and anxiety and promotion from thug media.

- crap medical care due to poverty causing many issues to go undiagnosed.

- War on drugs turning everyone into a criminal rather than getting addicts help, compacted and made worse by making getting a job much more difficult after a conviction resulting in creating hardened criminals out of victims.

- etc, this could go on forever. I'm getting tired though and think I've covered most of the major points. Some with exra emphasis.
edit on 5/18/2019 by Puppylove because: Added to list.

edit on 5/18/2019 by Puppylove because: Better formatting

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Single mothers are the highest correlation and the most common factor.

No, not all people raised single mothers grow up to be screw ups, but most screw ups are in fact raised by single mothers. This is a fact.

Basically what you have in the hood is a bunch of testosterone filled young boys with no positive male guidance. Between the testosterone and being raised by emotional females, they don't know how to solve personal problems without violence. Then you throw in the screwed up ghetto culture, poverty, and overall low intelligence / ignorance. Finally, toss in a heaping of liberalism that excuses and justifies the behavior and you get the urban zoos that have come to define low income black communities these days.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Bloodworth

I was unaware government was forcing people to use crack, that's terrible. Please source which government officials do this, I want to specifically know who is holding them down, they need to go to jail.

Lol i was just playing devils advocate and sounded bad when writing it.
The CIA kidnapped men and forced them to smoke crack. I saw a documentary on it..lol.

But for real i did see an interesting documentary that shed light on the subject of government and crack dealings

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join