It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.92% of US population commits 75+% of mass shootings - Media remains silent

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
We have all heard of the big bad bogey man of the far right "white nationalists" or extremists being the most dangerous people in America, but it couldn't be further from the truth, it is just that the media spends the most time reporting on the stories with these people. The real fact is that 75% of mass shootings in the US are done by a very small portion of the population at just 1.92% of the ENTIRE population of 327 million people, commit the VAST majority of these crimes and that is black males age 14-35.

Just trying to find the population distribution by age of the black population took hours, there were plenty of comparisons of the populations but the bare statistics were near impossible to find until I searched 5-6 pages back on my 8th or 9th search term, when I finally got a listing of age breakdowns by race and the percentage of their population each age represents - so I extrapolated out from the % to get the real numbers, which should have been listed to begin with. It comes out to just over 6.29 million people in the 14-35 age bracket of male blacks

I used the following page (for 2015) which is where they FBI stats are from for the 75% of mass shootings as well. While the numbers are from 2015, they have not really changed with regards to these types of shootings and both of the stats aren't available for the same year since 2015.

factfinder.census.gov...#

So, again, I don't need to ask, but it is good to get the real numbers out there since the media won't do it, why does the media remain silent on the real perpetrators of mass shootings? They will report an entire week on one white kid who killed a single person and shot at others while they remain silent on a black suspect who kills 5 and injures 6 others (while shooting at 20+ other people). Is it because it is so common in the black community? Have we become desensitized to it? Maybe this is why the prison statistics are so disproportionate.

What is really scary is that these numbers are only for convicted shooters, there are many mass shooters in these neighborhoods that go unsolved, and they are of the same victim type - meaning almost definitely the same race of shooter. If these were factored in the number would be closer to 85-90% of all MASS shooting are perpetrated by under 2% of the population. So people wonder why there is racial profiling? I can say that it sure isn't fair to the people who are effected by it, but it also isn't fair to the people who are effected by the crimes of that 2% of the population.

The following video shows a woman demanding "security" in her "hood" which is ironic b/c the black community is most often the ones who attack the police and chase them out. They are most likely to not cooperate with police, but as soon as she wants something she demands it and probably feels it's racists for it to have not been there. Yes, it is racist, but not in the way she means, it's racism perpetrated on themselves by themselves.

This is how police are treated in black communities

edit on 5 17 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It's because these kids wouldn't be doing this if they came from whole families, not at these rates. At most, they'd likely be shooting at the same rates white males are now.

But most black males grow up without a permanent father in their home.

A broken home life affects boys in more drastic ways than it does girls. The violence you see is one of those ways. For blacks, gangs have replaced their fathers.

But it's the narrative that we don't need two parents homes. There are many kinds of families and all are equally worthy and valid, so we are not allowed to judge this.
edit on 17-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

You'll find that illegal aliens commit 43% of all crimes in America too. It's stunning.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

White people are just held to a higher standard within society... I wish I could offer a more rational explanation, but that's just the reality of the situation!

+5 more 
posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

This will be the death of our society because we don't have the courage to honestly admit it.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

More accurately, we don't have the courage to really discuss it.

Right now, we're all too busy talking about how this or that historical event is to blame for it, end of discussion.

Slavery and Jim Crow did not pull the black family apart, nor are these things to blame for the steady decay of Hispanic and white families now.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Congratulations on your fixation.
What is your solution?
Be honest.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

A first step would be to stop promoting the idea that every family configuration is equal to every other. There is ample research that shows that some family compositions just aren't the best ... like the single mother family.

Then you have to find a way to start repairing rates of intact families and relearning fatherhood, real fatherhood, in some of these communities. We have to break the gang cycle.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Most of the real violence is done by street gangs. Street gangs exist like they do, due to either government incompetence, or government malice. Government enables all of it, while pretending to fight it.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That could be a start. Not a good idea to stigmatize "irregular" families though.
Sometimes families are broken by the judicial system as well. It plays favorites.
One guy gets a slap on the wrist, another gets 5 to 10. These days there are decent odds that it's to put butts in privatized prisons.

I'm hoping the OP chimes in with solutions too.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

How MANY of them Had Previous Contact with the Federal Chests Of Drawers of Investigation BEFORE they Had Committed their Crimes ? .....Hmm........

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Recognizing certain family models are better doesn't mean you need to stigmatize people.

The problem can't be fixed today, because we are not allowed to recognize any family models as being better, the nuclear family is no longer allowed to be considered a good thing.

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It's a sad place we've reached as a society where telling the truth about a thing is stigmatizing it.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The information in the thread pretty much matches what I found when I researched the subject a few years back. There are some pretty bad gangs in the cities.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The information in the thread pretty much matches what I found when I researched the subject a few years back. There are some pretty bad gangs in the cities.

Gangs take the place of father and provide that structure. Too bad it's all the wrong kind.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

maybe a better way to phrase it is:
To not stigmatize the kids that find themselves in what others consider less than "optimal" family situations.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Congratulations on your fixation.
What is your solution?
Be honest.

I really don't know what to do about the media bias. You are right it is a major problem and I don't have a ready to go solution, that's just being honest. I'd be happy to know what you think and what you would suggest we do to combat it.

I do think that the best way to fight media bias is to do our own research, ask questions and never 100% believe what they tell us especially if they don't provide more than one side of the argument.

As for other issues, the media seems to have a vendetta or agenda against certain segments of white people. There is a long history of government agencies targeting white libertarians and conservative groups especially under democrat administrations (and more recently Neo-Cons). They want to disarm this group of people and they are willing to plant agents, provocateurs, shills, snitches, CI's, etc to instill hatred and extremism where there is none naturally. They are so desperate to manufacture the bigotry on the right, that they have to harp on the few instances where some misguided (and probably provoked by an agent/CI - in person or online) kid does some F'd up stuff.

Solutions? IDK. What are your solutions.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So when we say "mass shootings" , we talking about gang violence or just strolling into a movie theater or school and killing a bunch of random people just because "I had a bad day"?

Edit: oh wait, just read. This is another "poor us white people " thread.
edit on 17-5-2019 by AScrubWhoDied because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
So when we say "mass shootings" , we talking about gang violence or just strolling into a movie theater or school and killing a bunch of random people just because "I had a bad day"?

We're talking about how walking into a movie theatre and shooting a bunch of random people is called "mass shooting" by the media and reported on and talked over constantly while walking into a neighborhood of families with 3 guys who spray 200 rounds and shoot 20 people is somehow not reported on, not talked over, and not considered a "mass" shooting even though the very definition of mass shooting applies perfectly to what happened.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

We're talking about how walking into a movie theatre and shooting a bunch of random people is called "mass shooting" by the media and reported on and talked over constantly while walking into a neighborhood of families with 3 guys who spray 200 rounds and shoot 20 people is somehow not reported on, not talked over, and not considered a "mass" shooting even though the very definition of mass shooting applies perfectly to what happened.

So again, we talking about gang violence or randoms that just snap?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join