It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressed about the state of America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
A philosopher once said that a just state is defined as a state that forces people to be free. Hmmmm...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
My advice would be to quit worrying about all these conspiracies so much.
Go out and live your life. The more time you worry about how the man seems to be trying to put everybody down, the less time you will have to enjoy the freedoms you do have. How much of your free time is wasted by discussing and researching your favorite conspiracies? Take a break from it, step back and live your life you might find out that its not anywhere as bad as many here claim it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
My advice would be to quit worrying about all these conspiracies so much.
Go out and live your life. The more time you worry about how the man seems to be trying to put everybody down, the less time you will have to enjoy the freedoms you do have. How much of your free time is wasted by discussing and researching your favorite conspiracies? Take a break from it, step back and live your life you might find out that its not anywhere as bad as many here claim it is.

What are you doing posting this on a conspiracy site? Why are you here? Have you come to free the poor and misguided conspiracy theorists of their paranoid bonds?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

What are you doing posting this on a conspiracy site? Why are you here? Have you come to free the poor and misguided conspiracy theorists of their paranoid bonds?

No, I come here because I find it interesting. However I do not get too wrapped up in it and allow it to consume my life. I try to take most of it with a grain of salt. He's the one talking about being depressed and all, I just offered an opinion as to what he could try to alleviate some of that depression.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Or would a more acceptable answer be. Yeah I know how you feel, just last week I was forced to take the chip by a few reptilian goons plotting with the NWO. Then I was abducted by aliens and forced to have their baby. Its all Bushs fault. I feel for you and your depression, what do you say to a suicide pact?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What I mean by that is not enough people have engaged, at a serious level, in boxing or martial arts. The pursuit of pugilism gives insight to strategy....how to look for shifts...how to understand the physics of a situation, knowing full well that only "A'" or "B" can be thrown at you & harm you from that angle.
Only a miniscual percentage ever actually 'see' the technique that knocks them out......they were focused on the 'jab'.
Your Bush advocates have embraced the jab to near cult status.....they eat it willfully.
Part of the reason why is the belief in the misdirection.....that the lone world superpower, 1st world economic power and sole world trend leader somehow needed to "stand up for itself" and quit letting others "push us around". Those slights were & are ever present paranoias they embrace like a security blanket.
Maybe they were never Big Man on Campus, or the buddy with Girls falling out of his pockets, or the stick fugure boy in the Charles Atlas ads or the wooden headed student trying to convince all that they're really not dumb.......whatever drives it, they found their icon in George Bush....someone who would pay lip service to "morals" and be that "C" student under achiever who ended up on top anyway......that is, after all, quintesential Americana.
That's why they cheer.
Why some others don't "fight"?
Simple, there is no greater crowd control than poverty. Who has time to "look" when they're paying $950/month for health insurance, the wife's company is downsizing and contracts are coming fewer and far between?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join