It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressed about the state of America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hi everyone, first I want to say there is some good wisdom on this website. There is of course also some ignorance.

I can't seem to get rid of this depression and feeling of dread. How can it be that so many blatant lies and egregious behavior by our US Fed. Gov. while so much of our population cheers it on? Please tell me how this can be?

I know that media and the school system have resulted in a dumbed-down society. Still I can’t believe we are in this position, with the door of freedom threatening to close for good.

If America falls into fascism, I fear mankind will be lost. There is not a "new world" to go to like the original American Pilgrims escaped too. Seems the "old world" is winning.

Oklahoma City bombing killed the true patriot movement. 911 set us up for martial law and endless police state. When the next big thing happens (like a nuking/bio attack) the sheeple will beg to be protected and martial law will be on the American home front.

It just seems inevitable. Is this some kind of divine plan to wake us up and throw off the chains forever? Or more than likely, an evil plan by man to enslave the masses forever?

I feel so hopeless, depressed and exasperated to the point of exhaustion

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Isn't that what Prozac was invented for?

"Maintain the rage."

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

I thought it was to keep us as docile consumers.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yeah just take a Seratonin up-take inhibitor and all is well...

What good will it do to "Maintain the rage" if there is not a target to release it on? We cannot fight what we are not allowed to see...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

If America falls into fascism, I fear mankind will be lost.

Hi...and welcome...

All things have their time....nothing stays on top forever, nothing! Do you honestly believe that America is so great that all of mankind will be lost if it falls....

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

I thought it was to keep us as docile consumers.

Precisely.

LoneGunMan, Perhaps your righteous anger can be heard by many passing ears each day, and when you express constructively the difference between the approach of the current administration and what it is that America truly stands for, then it leaves a more lasting impression. People tend to be changed one at a time.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Do you honestly believe that America is so great that all of mankind will be lost if it falls....

I think he/she might mean that if 'Amerika' falls then it is going to be damn sure that the rest of the world falls with it. At least that is how I read it.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Thank you fro the welcome.

No I do not think we are so great, but were the first great experement of freedom. I see the rest of the world, (except for a few smalll countries that will not have much impact) is worst off than the US. True all empires fall, but none have ever had the power to take the rest of humanity with it.

A terminally ill America is a dangerously rabid beast.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

LoneGunMan, Perhaps your righteous anger can be heard by many passing ears each day, and when you express constructively the difference between the approach of the current administration and what it is that America truly stands for, then it leaves a more lasting impression. People tend to be changed one at a time.

The question is do you really think w have time for a grassroots movement/awakening? I get the feeling the time is one minute before the endgame, and when that card is layed on the table it will be the Ace of all the ace of spades. After that all movements will be stalled, never to be restarted.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The question is do you really think we have time for a grassroots movement/awakening? I get the feeling the time is one minute before the endgame, and when that card is layed on the table it will be the Ace of all the ace of spades. After that all movements will be stalled, never to be restarted.

Well, Fox TV off, eyes and ears open is a start.

There is enough evidence in this thread to show that the incumbent POTUS heads up one highly successful terrorist organization.

Tick tick tick.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
That reminds me of something that happened to me the other day.

This guy was telling about something he saw on Fox news. I replied " I dont watch Fox news". He then pointed his finger at me and called me a liberal. I said I am not a Liberal or a conservative. He said "what are you then?" I told him I am a human being!

Edit typo, maybe I do those to frequently to edit them!

[edit on 2-3-2005 by LoneGunMan]

[edit on 2-3-2005 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hey here's an idea!
Simple really.

Get up.
Get out.
Enjoy life.

Simple as that. Why worry and get depressed about stuff you have no control over, and is mainly just paranoia.
You only get one life. Enjoy it while you can. Turn off the (censored) TV and computer and live.

"Oh but I can't, I'm so hopeless and depressed everything's so mess up blah blah blah..."

BS.
I work in a huge target (you can see that place people refer to as the "White House" from my window), yet I am enjoying life to the max. Now if I can do it with real stuff to worry about, why can't you?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Yeah just take a Seratonin up-take inhibitor and all is well...

What good will it do to "Maintain the rage" if there is not a target to release it on? We cannot fight what we are not allowed to see...

Trust me, there will be a time where you will get to release all your anger and fight back. Thing is its going to be hard to decide when to do so when alone, so I would recommend you find yourself a militia or some good friends to soldier up with. Im in an area where the hardest and most important battles will be fought and probably also where everything will start. Like the above poster says, you need to find something to do in the time being and something that gives you great joy and assurance. Im weird but I like to compare whats going to happen to video games, preferably RPGs. Haha yeah Im sick like that but it makes me really happy and I get so excited. But sometimes it hits me and then I break into tears but I rise up again and am more happy than before. I rely on God and even if you think he doesnt exist, well its working for me and I couldnt be happier. Good luck to you and God bless!

[edit on 2-3-2005 by CmptrN3rd5]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This feeling of despair is one problem with taking the red pill. You start to see how things really are and even your friends and loved ones are so brainwashed. You try to help them, but maybe it isn't worth the time and effort.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Expose the scheme.
The truth is in plan sight, you just have to look.
Read the un-"updated" truth.

Talking about doing something gets you nowhere.

To do something, at least shake the chains.

At best, break them.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Masked avatar cites nothing here,

There is enough evidence in this thread to show that the incumbent POTUS heads up one highly successful terrorist organization.
Umm excuse me for pointing this out, but WHERE is this evidence again on this thread? I only see emotions being expressed, i see no facts.

Welcome LoneGunMan,
Lone laments,

How can it be that so many blatant lies and egregious behavior by our US Fed. Gov. while so much of our population cheers it on?
There is alot of contention here on ATS about the issue of lying....
all I can say is much of the allegations of lying amount to nothing tangible enough for Bush's political detractors to make actionable. Some of these allegations are just that...allegations with little proof, some of them are extrapolations....some say poor intel isnt a lie, its poor intel.

Ask yourself, are the "so many" that seem to cheer on things on the outside or the inside? If your seeing so many on the other side, is it possible that they are all deluded? is it possible that you are deluded?

You see the door of freedom closing, i see the opposite....we are exersizing our freedoms now, freedom to not be threatened, freedom to take a stand, we are seeing democratic freedoms SPREADING in the islamic world, in afgan and Iraq with elections, with Lebonese people rallying for freedom, with lybia giving up its wmd....heck we're seeing the freedom to say NO to gay marriage, to allow a democratic country to define its culture.
There are plenty of freedoms blooming if one looks for them.

Take time to smell the rose of freedom, just watch out for the thorns.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You see the door of freedom closing, i see the opposite....we are exersizing our freedoms now, freedom to not be threatened, freedom to take a stand, we are seeing democratic freedoms SPREADING in the islamic world, in afgan and Iraq with elections, with Lebonese people rallying for freedom, with lybia giving up its wmd....heck we're seeing the freedom to say NO to gay marriage, to allow a democratic country to define its culture.
There are plenty of freedoms blooming if one looks for them.

Ah, yes...entering a country and forcing freedom on some people...even though free Iraqi's was never our goal until after all of the other reasons came up false...but everyone has their own opinion...

As for democracy with the culture, that is the wrong way to look at it. You do not have the mob rule on Civil matters. Do you think the rich white plantation men would have voted to free the slaves? For a Republican, you sure like to take the republic part out.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I feel so hopeless, depressed and exasperated to the point of exhaustion

This reminds me of the report of an individual committing suicide when John Kerry lost.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
Ah, yes...entering a country and forcing freedom on some people...even though free Iraqi's was never our goal until after all of the other reasons came up false...but everyone has their own opinion...

Ah yes, we're such a terrible country for FORCING freedom onto these people! Hell, maybe some of them wanted to live under tyranny. Maybe some of the Iraqi's just loved having family members taken out by Saddams thugs!! Yeah, what a happy time that was for those people and how evil we are for stopping it

To the original poster:
Don't feel so depressed. You're just being paranoid. Think about it, have you noticed a dramatic change in your lifestyle? Have you tried to do something recently that you would normally do, only to be told you can't do that anymore because of a new law? Do you know anybody getting picked up off the streets, never to be seen again? I sure don't. We're not turning into a police state; don't worry. Facism? Can you give examples of why you think these things are occuring? By the way, Canada has a patriot act as well (Thanks again to Pistolpete for making me aware of this).

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Herman, they had no will to pursue freedom on their own. Perhaps, they never seeked it/wanted it. We came in and overthrew their government, because the Iraqi's didn't want to. They showed no initiative...until after we occupied and told them to do something...which wouldn't be intiative.

They never started a revolution...unlike most countries that win their freedom. They never really had a rebellion. And you cannot tell me that "they never did it because they would have all been killed." Any functioning human being knows that with enough people, you can change it. Do you think they never heard of other's freedom? You think that noone heard about revolution in Iraq? If yes, that is highly unlikely. If they were truly that misreable they would have rose up in and conquered.

Anywho, that was not my point. It was us, going over to Iraq, overthrowing their government, and trying to implement our style. The point of that is that was never our mission in the beginning. In the beginning, Al Qaeda/911 ties, WMDs, suspecting them of building nukes, etc. The change of status quo in Iraq was not our goal until the other reasons fell through...but anyway...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join