It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ever happened to...certain Conspiracy Theories?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I sometimes find old posts or videos online that are a couple of years old and I think that this was really big at the time but we have not heard any more about it.
Firstly I'd like to collect 'forgotten' CTs and then I would like to see if anyone has updates on them.
Lastly I'd like to have them in one space so that anyone ever sees this, they might take off where it was forgotten and bring new ideas in.

I will start with one that I won't let slip so easily and that is the weird towers in NY at the entrances and exits of road tunnels.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

We never found out why they cost so much and what they are exactly for. They have been installed and everyone seems happy. Well I am not, I want to know more.

What about those weird YT videos that showed kids doing dubious stuff? Has that all been cleared up, have they all been banned? Are there others? What happened? I can't even remember what they were called.

What other big [at the time] conspiracy theories do you remember, that have literally been left at the side of the road?

I wish there was a sticky thread with a list we can add to and get back to, in order to remember them all.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I sometimes find old posts or videos online that are a couple of years old and I think that this was really big at the time but we have not heard any more about it.
Firstly I'd like to collect 'forgotten' CTs and then I would like to see if anyone has updates on them.
Lastly I'd like to have them in one space so that anyone ever sees this, they might take off where it was forgotten and bring new ideas in.

I will start with one that I won't let slip so easily and that is the weird towers in NY at the entrances and exits of road tunnels.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

We never found out why they cost so much and what they are exactly for. They have been installed and everyone seems happy. Well I am not, I want to know more.

What about those weird YT videos that showed kids doing dubious stuff? Has that all been cleared up, have they all been banned? Are there others? What happened? I can't even remember what they were called.

What other big [at the time] conspiracy theories do you remember, that have literally been left at the side of the road?

I wish there was a sticky thread with a list we can add to and get back to, in order to remember them all.

Interesting link... probably some anti-terror tech they don't want to reveal.

Honestly, with the internet maturing, I think a lot of conspiracy theories have simply been debunked since so much information is readily available.

+42 more 
posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Pizza Gate. Someone said it was a hoax and the media crushed it. But it looks like it may be based on fact after all.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

(SNIP) (Censored)

(Post removed because manners violation)
(Post removed because of violation of T(L)C)
(Eternal ban for member x)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
There is a thread in ATS that is like this one, and it is still going, too busy to find it for you just now though.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This one has always bothered me. I also think solving this one could reveal important things being kept from us.

John Parsons Wheeler III, known as Jack Wheeler, was a chairman of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund, senior planner for Amtrak, official of the Securities and Exchange Commission, chief executive and CEO of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, consultant to the Mitre Corporation, and a presidential aide to the Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, and George W. Bush administrations. He also held numerous other positions in the United States military, government, and corporations.

Wheeler Was a Mitre Consultant

At 66 years old, John Wheeler ended his career as a military consultant to the Mitre corporation, as noted in his bio. The moment I saw this particular fact in the news blurbs about his death, alarms started going off. This isn’t the first time

I’ve seen the Mitre Corporation as part of odd and unusual stories. In fact, most often when there is something strange going on, you’ll see mention of Mitre.

There are a few clues located throughout the various news accounts that I believe build a very strong case that I hope federal authorities are willing to follow. Police investigating the case say that there are no leads, however I strongly disagree. I would propose that the following facts build a strong case that federal agents should pursue.

-> As of 2009, John Wheeler was working almost exclusively as a consultant to the Mitre Corporation.

-> According to news reports, Wheeler was scheduled to take an Amtrak train to Wilmington on December 28th. It would be understandable to suspect there was a pre-New Year meeting with Mitre as part of his consulting work. That lead should be pursued with Mitre executives or anyone else that was recently working with Wheeler there.

-> A friend received an email from Wheeler the day after Christmas, meaning he was alive only days before that possible meeting.

-> One news report indicates that yellow police evidence tape surrounded an area in Wheeler’s house where several wooden floorboards were missing. People often hide things (such as classified materials) under floorboards.

-> One neighbor, interviewed by news reporters, reported that she was “asked not to comment.” This means someone went around and told neighbors not to talk to reporters.

-> At one point in his career, he wrote a manual on how effective biological and chemical weapons are, and that the U.S. should never use them (revealing his core belief that technology should not be militarized).

The most shocking clue of all was that longtime friend and West Point graduate Richard Radez told news reporters that he’d exchanged emails with Wheeler on Christmas, and the next day Wheeler wrote Radez an email, “expressing concern that the nation wasn’t sufficiently prepared for Cyber Warfare.”

The Mysterious Death of John Wheeler and Ties to Mitre

Hope your thread achieves it's goal and it gets some fire back into some of these events and mysteries.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Some of my favorites were the old time-traveler photo threads.

Good Times...Good times.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
12 years later and we're still waiting on supposed footage of the O'Hare UFO sighting.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

This was one of my favorites, a few summers ago

Not really a conspiracy, more like someone who slipped into a weird state of mentality. We all had a lot of fun that day.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hey, I know a great place to investigate conspiracies!! It's really popular. In fact, it's the largest and quite possibly the best of its kind.

*nonconformist sheep are corralled and tagged*

- Popular, largest, and best place begins to change.
- Walls become windows, standards are lowered.
- Nonconformists once again, do not conform.
- Authority is no longer questioned.
- Friends become enemies and segregate.
- Conformist sheep continue to graze.
- Housekeeper takes a permanent vacation.
- Place becomes unkempt and muddy.
- The corral begins to breakdown.
- Conformist sheep stay in place.
- Nonconformist sheep give up and disperse.

Corral, identify, collapse, disintegrate.

Mission Accomplished

edit on 17-5-2019 by ChaosMagick because: con-spiracy

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The attention span of the average person is about ... HEY, LOOK AT THAT SQUIRREL!

:
edit on 2019 5 17 by incoserv because: added a much needed photo of a squirrel because it's a squirrel.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Back in the beginning lol, there was the CIA plan to annex Canada. I saw it in 1985 I think, on alt.conspiracy on usenet. The plan was dated 1964 and then amended and updated in 1968. The original document files were in GIF format, one page per GIF. I may still have them all kicking around on 5.25" floppies or 3.5" flexies. The plan was quite detailed, I think there were 46 pages in the set. If I find them, I will post them :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Politically connected people ordering pizza?

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

There is contingency plans for every country.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I expect there are, but this was not a contingency plan. It went into detail on how they were going to manipulate Trudeau (it named him in the addendum) to sign over control of the Canadian economy and currency control to controllable assets. I always found it interesting that PE Trudeau committed treason and signed the basil accord in 1973 handing over control of the Canadian economy and currency to "charter banks" controlled by the imf, world Bank and fed.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I expect there are, but this was not a contingency plan. It went into detail on how they were going to manipulate Trudeau (it named him in the addendum) to sign over control of the Canadian economy and currency control to controllable assets. I always found it interesting that PE Trudeau committed treason and signed the basil accord in 1973 handing over control of the Canadian economy and currency to "charter banks" controlled by the imf, world Bank and fed.

Cheers - Dave

The behind the scenes manipulation is on some Game of Thrones level. To be honest, I think some of these people might be aliens / psycopaths or something because the intellectual horsepower required to engage in such long term political manipulation just seems not normal for most people.

Most people don't think as to how they can manipulate entire governments/systems/societies over decades with subtle political and financial moves.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Wow, thanks you guys, there are a few things here that I will read up on in peace [not rushed] as they are new to me.
SO thanks for that.
Of course [duh!] I forgot about the big 'italian speciality'-gate stuff. Even though it is still mentioned in other places and called something different but it's basically the same thing. You can't hide what is actually happening.
The videos I mentioned were along those lines but I haven't heard any more about them.

Hope more here will remember stuff. I find this all very interesting and love reading all the posts.
Oh, someone said there was already a post like this...I think it may have been by me. Not sure, it's a while ago and it only dawned on me that this feels familiar when I had it already posted.

Can't keep me down...I'll come back until I get answers...

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, a lot of them are now just discouraging knowledge rather than conspiracy.

Monsanto poisoning us.... genetically modified crops -not many people debate whether or not that’s true anymore. The explosion of organic and not GMO foods proves that people believe the past “conspiracy” about whether or not this is something happening. People are now trying to change their lifestyle choices to counter the knowledge obtained.

Whether or not there are measures put in place to invade our privacy at every corner isn’t much debated as it was a decade or more ago because we all know full well it’s happening and will only get worse.

Little things that used to get you laughed at and called paranoid are readily accepted by average people.

There is a lot less talk about UFO’s and aliens/ET’s because from my personal experience a good number of people now believe these things to be spiritual and extra dimensional rather than literally from the other side of the universe.

Things like clones and genetic experiments aren’t just found being talked about on sketchy internet blogs because we have news drops about things like the genetically modified babies in China and even things like using human blood for anti aging and life extension projects and research.

I think we’re moving from the phase of uncovering the conspiracies to actually trying to fight against the ones detrimental to our existence.

But time travel will always be one of my favorites and original interests that led me to the conspiracy world, and I think less is discussed about actual “devices” and inventions because I think perhaps great “progression” has been made in the pursuit to “use the mind” to “time travel” I guess some
People call that remote viewing but to me it’s one in the same...

The crown being passed Is imminent and I assert that the event itself will open the door to a whole new level of speculation and conspiracies surrounding the monarchy and the crown.

Commented mainly to follow and see any new developments and others discuss their interests.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
A few favorites that I have discovered on this site would be:

-Issac, the CARET corporation and dragonfly drones
Lots of info all over

-astrO and the black triangles thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

-The blowing caves, entrance to Teros
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

This was one of my favorites, a few summers ago

Not really a conspiracy, more like someone who slipped into a weird state of mentality. We all had a lot of fun that day.

Whoa!

Flash backs aplenty there

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join