It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kelsey Grammer : Politicians same bunch of clowns for 50 - 60 years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
PBS's Christiane Amanpour interviewed him. Seems like this actor has no problem telling what's true and middlefinger Hollywood. He is a pro-life too.

Can I ask you, Kelsey, because we were talking obviously about today's politics and it's very divisive, very partisan, whether it's in the United States, whether it's here. You are one of those rare Hollywood beasts who is conservative, and you voted for Donald Trump.

"I don’t think Washington didn't do us any favors for the last 50, 60 years, I think they’ve all been sort of the same party, the same bunch of clowns, the same bunch of really unpleasant people," he explained.

www.newsbusters.org...

townhall.com...

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

The real comedy in politics is: Take any argument against a politician/topic this week. Wait a week. See same argument used for politician/topic.
Hilarious.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I mean we can't have real change till all of the career politicians finally die off.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
I mean we can't have real change till all of the career politicians finally die off.

The career politicians groom a new batch to take over... never ends.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This just in:

Leftists Organize Mass Burning of Frasier Box Sets

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: eXia7

The career politicians groom a new batch to take over... never ends.

Yeah, that is the problem. The system is set up so that it favors career politicians.

Until all of the following happens, you can expect to see that politicians continue to serve for extended periods:

Term limits
No or very little compensation
Short election cycles (particularly for congress)
Congress / Senate should only in session quarterly so that it isn't a full time job (much like how board members operate at f500 companies)
Significant restrictions on lobbying/consulting after leaving office along with restrictions on investments/deal making resulting in financial windfalls.
Restrictions on voting and voter ID
No gerrymandering

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I like the idea of, if you'r in power the penalty of crimes are ten times worse. Leadership should be a curse you take up to enhance the others around you at the cost of your self. The hero never see's the promised land.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

He's a good actor and comedic, why would his political views impacts his career, unless of course crazy liberals want to use any other political stance as a weapon?

One thing I found amusing was Amanpour's reference to "coming out" as a Conservative. Her trying to attach the past stigma of being gay and "coming out." These liberals/democrats/progressives/sjws are a sick lot.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
That is the problem. "Career Politician". We need to implement term limits.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

And rightists line up to anoint ''one of the few good ones'' who, being the only reason anyone would even pay attention to what he has to say in the first place is that he made his name and his money cocking himself out in the medium of pretend.

Seems to me that when it comes to Hollywood types, the only difference between leftists and rightists is that rightists tend to elect their Hollywood heroes to the presidency.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Kelsey Grammer : Politicians same bunch of clowns for 50 - 60 years.

I don't share his politics but he is a fantastic actor, funny and knows how create a believable character and love his work.

However, Ive always been curious as to why the right wing wants to boycott any actors that don't share their ideology.
edit on 17-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Always enjoyed Kelsey Grammer's acting, from the time he joined the cast of Cheers.

Sounds like he's a smart one - he thinks both "leftists" and "rightists" have been screwing us for decades. And he's right. In my opinion, only complete bumbling idiots haven't figured this out...yet people on both sides still keep making it out to be "us vs them."

It should be "us" (Americans of varied opinions - not just two differing sets of opinions) vs "them" (the typical Democrat/Republican politicians and their counterpart wacko hyperfans on both sides.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
However, Ive always been curious as to why the right wing wants to boycott any actors that don't share their ideology.

Like Cher or Madonna?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
He took the clown pill.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: olaru12

Like Cher or Madonna?

Roseanne lol

new topics

top topics

join