It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks Like Finally AOC did Something Good

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Did she mention 44 states are suing 20 generic drug companies, and the DOJ has subpoenad 20+ peeps including CEO,s....for collusion and price fixing? Over 19 million doocuments.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Did she mention 44 states are suing 20 generic drug companies, and the DOJ has subpoenad 20+ peeps including CEO,s....for collusion and price fixing? Over 19 million doocuments.

We already know that. I think what makes this remarkable is the fact this time was AOC this time to talk about it.

Maybe she previously read about it too and did the math. 44 states are a lot of votes. Anyway still good.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Drugs in Japan are super cheap. Americans are really getting ripped off by drugs that have been financed by the tax payer in America for its research.

What she and the left are missing is that if you have insurance or on Medicaid or Medicare then you are not paying squat for the drug.

So the actual poor and the elderly don't pay for it at all, the insured pay a small payment.

The insurance company or the taxpayers are actually footing the $1,700 a month.

In Australia (her example) the majority of the cost is paid by the taxpayer.

My mother was on a new type of chemotherapy that cost $36,000 a month, for instance.

She was on Medicare.

Her cost was zero.

So all the outrage about what a drug costs should not be thought of as out of pocket normally.

The outrage should be what it costs the taxpayer.

edit on 17-5-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Insurance generally doesn't cover specialty drugs like this. And even if they claim to cover it they'll go out of their way so they don't have to pay for it.

The reason drug prices are so high in the US is due to the symbiosis between Big Pharma and Big Insurance. Meanwhile pharmacies operate in the red. That's why so many of them have to offer other services to stay profitable.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Lumenari

Insurance generally doesn't cover specialty drugs like this. And even if they claim to cover it they'll go out of their way so they don't have to pay for it.

The reason drug prices are so high in the US is due to the symbiosis between Big Pharma and Big Insurance. Meanwhile pharmacies operate in the red. That's why so many of them have to offer other services to stay profitable.

Oh, I agree with you for the most part... Big Pharma and the AMA to me is the biggest racket out there besides the Fed.

As is most of modern medicine.

I was just pointing out that if you are going to attempt a "conventional" treatment for something there are alternatives besides out of pocket.

I'm also quite aware that they are geared towards "treating" something and don't put a lot of time and effort into "curing" anything.

Not a lot of money in cures, especially cancer.

edit on 17-5-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: pheonix358

Who planted her?

The people who elected her?

no, I think a little education is needed here. Who chose her from the casting call is more appropriate.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Even a broken clock is accurate twice a day.

(Military clock, once a day.)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Is she finally learning from her mistakes or her other personality took over? 

Putting aside the question of whether she is intelligent or not; I don't understand your surprise in her actions here. They are 100% in line with her whole method of operation. Did you expect her to take the side of the drug company?

Maybe you are surprised that you and AOC have more in common than you thought.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

"Pay nothing"

"cheap"

The money comes from somewhere mate. Taxpayers. So you're paying for it either way.

originally posted by: Lumenari

In Australia (her example) the majority of the cost is paid by the taxpayer.

Just 2% of our taxable income - and for that we get free universal medical care and cheap medications.

There is not a single Australian who complains about this - it is considered a sacred right here.

edit on 17/5/2019 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

I think AOC is a plant. I just have not figured out who has planted her.

Her idiotic nature is fun but just occasionally, as in this case, she drops the act and comes out guns blazing.

There is another clip where she shows her alternate nature.

In the last few seconds she aims the whole question at President Trump but she still made her points very clearly.

Just what sort of hat does she have ... white / black, dunce, witches, hmm, something fishy with this one.

Who planted her?

P

I don’t think this video shows any special signs of intelligence at all. She looks like a High School kid reading a script she wrote with her friends for class. Any cross examination would rip that dumb spill to shreds. Who’s the room full of idiots she is speaking to anyway?
edit on 17-5-2019 by TexasTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

If you don’t trust the government, you are inherently trusting big business.

"I don't trust anyone! " From Stone Cold Steve Austin's philosophy. Period. No one is trustworthy if you think otherwise you are foolish

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

I think AOC is a plant. I just have not figured out who has planted her.

Her idiotic nature is fun but just occasionally, as in this case, she drops the act and comes out guns blazing.

There is another clip where she shows her alternate nature.

In the last few seconds she aims the whole question at President Trump but she still made her points very clearly.

Just what sort of hat does she have ... white / black, dunce, witches, hmm, something fishy with this one.

Who planted her?

P

Valid points. One might also wonder if she is pretending to be dumb to sucker people in that are gullible or to sucker people to go against one or two really good ideas because she started the conversation like with the green bs?

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I have watched AOC in some hearings and can tell you this is NOT a one-off. She really is THAT good. In fact, having practiced law many years ago, I can report that her skills are equal to if not greater than many Prosecutors I had ever encountered.

Her skill level is so high, its really kinda eerie. Its like watching a 15 year old genius interrogator. Where does that come from? I dont know, but it is fascinating to watch.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It's probably why Obama let the pharma and insurance companies write the ACA for him.

BINGO! Wonder how many kickbacks it took. Buy Mooch's books for them that is legal isn't it? Here McGraw-Hill, sell Soros a few million copies. Then she can get the money and make the best seller lists ahead of more deserving authors with the wrong agenda.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
She is a Trump plant of course. Put there to embarrass the Dem party.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Um...

Obamacare... where the government literally started helping people pay for their healthcare because prices had jumped so high....

Agree or disagree with the tactic.. that is fine, but you can’t say they have ignored the issue?!!

Hell, a single payer option completely fixes the problem instantly... and the dems have been pushing that for years..

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Single-payer fixes some problems and creates other problems. The American public will have to decide if the trade-offs are worth

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I have watched AOC in some hearings and can tell you this is NOT a one-off. She really is THAT good. In fact, having practiced law many years ago, I can report that her skills are equal to if not greater than many Prosecutors I had ever encountered.

Her skill level is so high, its really kinda eerie. Its like watching a 15 year old genius interrogator. Where does that come from? I dont know, but it is fascinating to watch.
I laughed so hard at this.

Just stop, you'll lose credibility for this.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I couldn't disagree more.
She reads the script well that was written by her puppet masters. After all, she was the pick of the 1,000 person casting call litter.
Here are the puppet masters openly admitting and even bragging about it.

Have you seen AOC off script? My God!

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

The government didnt help anyone.
All they did was double my premiums.
They forced insurance companies to insure people at a reduced rate so they upped my premiums to cover the costs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join