It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Useless 10 percent of the time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: MisterSpock

You'd think a CIA honeypot would have these capabilities!

Well maybe 28 to 31 is Miller Time?

So they know that web traffic will be slow and they can head off to the employee lounge for a few beers.

Now THAT makes sense.

How do you drink a few beers in 4 to 6 minutes?

I've assumed it'd be fun to hang out with you MisterSpock; but I can see know that your a real party animal.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yeah. I have no idea what the technical cause of it is. I just wish they'd fix it. What's really dumb is it just looks like it's making their job harder because it has obviously caused duplicate posts from people clicking the submit button multiple times.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
An explanation of what the hell it is would be nice.

Thought I would ask before the axe falleth on this thread.

P

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
An explanation of what the hell it is would be nice.

Thought I would ask before the axe falleth on this thread.

P

It is a conspiracy site so I'm just going to pretend it's the hourly upload to the proper alphabet agencies

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

They are not going to fix it, it's probably not broken, doing what it's supposed to!
Ya, it sucks

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: MisterSpock

You'd think a CIA honeypot would have these capabilities!

Well maybe 28 to 31 is Miller Time?

So they know that web traffic will be slow and they can head off to the employee lounge for a few beers.

Now THAT makes sense.

How do you drink a few beers in 4 to 6 minutes?

I've assumed it'd be fun to hang out with you MisterSpock; but I can see know that your a real party animal.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Been on lots of forums, no other forum I'm on does this. Without a doubt this is the most difficult forum to work with, be it pics, or the screen continuously jumping around while inserting ad's, and of course the dead zone referred to by the OP..it's almost painful. If I didn't enjoy the occasional interesting discussions, it would not be worth the time.

Perhaps that is the intent.

Rather than everyone seeing an "Ok kids, closing shop. Was a fun ride, cya." thread, it's when the last person has given up, the site will just slip away into the annals of the wayback machine..

??

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I used to get frustrated by the hourly lag like most others, but now I'm aware of the timing of it and why it seems to be happening, I'm not too fussed by it anymore.

If a post is taking time to load-up, or a star or flag that I'm trying to award takes time, I'll just look at the clock, say out loud "ahh, the witching hour", then simply find something else to do for five minutes.

It's a good excuse to put 't kettle on and make a brew 👌

☕️ ( )
edit on 17/5/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Fixed the spelling that autocorrect messed up

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Yes, it’s become beyond annoying. Here’s what I’ve been told, which isn’t anything we don’t already know really. The site backs up data hourly and if it wasn't done hourly it would take waaaay longer if done only once a day. The software was written by SkepticOverlord himself and although I think he’s done a decent job, this issue needs to be revisited and fixed ASAP IMO. I’m not sure exactly when the :27 issue started but it hasn’t always been like this. Why the change? I guess Skeptic Overlord or Springer would be the ones to ask, but these threads on this topic usually get axed fairly quick.

I’m kinda over it and usually just sign off when it’s in the :27-:32 window, its just not worth sitting there waiting for it to do its thing. It’s the only forum I’ve ever been on that grinds to a halt like this every hour.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

"Hmm, Ill go on ATS for a bit! Wait.. Its XX:29, Ill do it later."

*5 Hours Later*

"Hmm, Ill go on ATS for a bit! Wait.. Its XX:31, Ill do it later."

Yes, me too.

Oh, look at the time!

Stand by for eventual reply.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Really? I always upload from my cheap a-- phone.

For you? Maybe sizing is the mobile issue, but not mine. Here's one.....*

*to my phone, uploaded and pasted to and in ATS...from it

edit on 17-5-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I have hundreds of images uploaded, so my bad guys, I'm part of the problem.
Suck it, I like the nineties feel of it. It's time to reopen IRC man and really go back in time haha.

I don't even upload pics to ATS, when I am able to use outside software - maybe that should be scrapped.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Discussed more than once here......it's a known issue and as far as I know it's here to stay.

Please add/read about here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join