It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Police ticket man who tried to avoid facial recognition cameras.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think if they can claim you work more than 2 hours a week then you are considered employed hence not part of there spurious misleading statistics.

This nation is doomed by design, to be honest, anyone that bothers to turn up for the next election is simply enabling the continuation of the lies and bullcrap that surround the politics and politicians of this nation.

Best really to hope for a really bad summer, because if the people are not rioting on the streets ile be rather surprised with the crap they are trying to get us to swallow as of late.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
He was not fined for covering his face.

The police considered his movements and his attempts to avoid the camera and the subsequent face covering to be a little bit suspicious, and to be fair, it was. So they intercepted him to ask about his behavior. His BEHAVIOR, not his face-covering. During which he got verbally and slightly physically aggressive with the police.

So they did him for a public order offence, for his verbals, with a spot fine of £90.

Had he just said "I don't want to be on camera", they would have just confirmed who he was to make sure that his behaviour wasn't due to being wanted, and let him go about his day.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris

No, he was not fined for covering his face. He was made a criminal suspect for covering his face. He was fined when he protested the outrages behavior by the police.

Much much better.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Britain used to be great... used to.
If you move one toe out of line you will get fined or the government will do everything in their power to take something from you, it's no wonder people here take so many holidays away from the country.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: StrangeQuark96

It was alright in the 90s if memory serves. LoL

But after, about, or around 2005, everything just seems to have gone to the dogs.

And it's not the immigrants or the people that are to blame, or even the problem, its the bloody goobement with all this forced austerity war on nonexistent terror nonsense.

It would be funny if it was not so bloody tragic, to be honest.

Other nations must be laughing up their bloody sleeve at the predicament we are in.

edit on 18-5-2019 by andy06shake because: Dlunk LoL

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

and so everyone should start EMP'ing those cams , they have no right to observe us like that !

we shouldnt have to do this or wear face camo to stop them identifying us and adopt the ministry of silly walks so they cant recognise our Gait

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: BMorris

No, he was not fined for covering his face. He was made a criminal suspect for covering his face. He was fined when he protested the outrages behavior by the police.

Much much better.

Again, no.

He was fined for being very abusive to a Police Officer - not for disagreeing with his decision, or for covering his face. The Police here definitely allow a degree of confrontation / disagreement - i have done it myself several times over the years. They have never though looked kindly on outright abuse.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

shame they dont care about abuse of the people who pay their wages and whom they protect

it is an abuse of our privacy that nearly every street in the city is covered in CCTV

In reality it is not for our protection and safety , its simply for insurance claims for corporate entities
edit on 21-5-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Come on mate, its nowhere near as bad as many try to portray.

The vast majority of CCTV systems are privately owned and police have to have a reason to access them.
There are no banks of monitors in secret hidden away rooms where massive teams of people observe our every move.

I expect most towns and cities are just like mine where there is never a time when all council monitored camera's are switched on at the same time....austerity and all that.

And we are probably just as free to express our political and religious views as people from any other nation.

Yes, we have massive problems.....but I don't think there's a nation on earth where the same can't be said.

I know I go about my business pretty much as I please and I certainly express my personal views on a regular basis in public.

Yes, this facial recognition stuff is probably a step too far.....what we need to do is start eradicating some of the causes behind the crime and punishing serious crime to a level in accordance with the severity of the crime.
All this namby-pamby snowflake bollocks has gone too far.

edit on 21/5/19 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I agree with you assessment in general but the big cities are indeed becoming rather Orwellian in the extreme.

To be honest, they don't or won't really need banks of monitors hidden away rooms with massive teams of people observing.

Just the correct algorithm and software, and that's where the real problems arise, combined with other meta information gathered, just about anyone can become a POI.

Target the real criminals as you say, only thing is the real criminals are running the show.
edit on 21-5-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Policing by algorithms is sadly creeping in, thanks America. 14 police forces currently use 'pre-crime' algorithms and AI in attempt to create an automated system where everyone has a percentage ranking of how likely they are to commit a serious crime and how likely they are to become a victim of one.

I use 'pre-crime' loosely at 35 out of 39 pieces of the algorithm are past convictions for serious crime. However human rights groups have launched legal appeals against it as the Police Data fed into the system had lots of historical systemic racism in it so the AI has picked up this racism and created an auto-mated racist police resource allocator.

Know a lot of high up police/cid and it's been going on nearly a decade now. When austerity first kicked in e-managers of McDonalds were hired over Senior Police to manage county level policing and allocation of resources because 'they were far cheaper to hire than experienced officers'. Number chasing has come in effect which is when communities really rot. They believe its being done to soften up the public to the end of UK police and replacement with private policing (which is the one I have my major concerns about).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join