It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Releases 2018 Financial Disclosure Form. Th

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Well, never one to let the media get away with a smear (this time about his insolvency in the late 80's), trump has released his financial disclosure statement for 2018. How much did he make?

$484,000,000. In 2018.

That's more than $15 per second, 24/7/365.

He keeps between 5 million and 25 million in his capital one checking account. LOL.

What I find funny about the timing of all of this, is that the anti-trumpers out there continually tell us that he inherited his money. However, remember that insolvency you love to remind everyone about? That was after he got his inheritance. Which means, all the money he has today, came straight from DJT, not his inheritance. Donald Trump is a self made billionaire. LMAO.

Link to disclosure form

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders would take 70% to 90% of that $484 million. That's their desired corporate tax rate. The President would have to lay off thousands of employees all over the world.

Jealous, short-sighted Democrats.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Trump taxes and financials are a false flag. Trump uses it as a decoy to occupy the Left and Fake News. If his finances and taxes were shady, the corrupt and Dem weaponized IRS would have already blown the whistle. Best they can do is audit and cost him time and money. Dems and Fake News are like moths to the flame when Trump constantly trolls them.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Small loan of a million dollars, and connections out the wazoo from old wealth made Trump.

A self made billionaire is Bezo's, Rockefeller, Gates, Buffet etc. people who started with literally nothing, or modest means, Trump had old wealth in his back pocket. Sure he used the money wisely but he also had daddy to fall back on when he was almost personally bankrupt to essentially co-sign for him with banks to make a deal.

Meh, real estate always stays strong as long as people want it. His only big achievement I actually think he made in his life was becoming the POTUS.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
Trump taxes and financials are a false flag. Trump uses it as a decoy to occupy the Left and Fake News. If his finances and taxes were shady, the corrupt and Dem weaponized IRS would have already blown the whistle. Best they can do is audit and cost him time and money. Dems and Fake News are like moths to the flame when Trump constantly trolls them.

There's a lot of bad things you could say about the guy(character wise). But there is no doubt he's good at manipulating and "guiding" people to where/what he wants.

It's kind of sad that so many follow his carrot on a stick and random bread crumb trails right into their own demise. You'd think that people would realize sooner or later "it's a trap..."

I still get a chuckle out of how he played cher into going all "alt-right"/"nationalist" by decrying the burden of illegal aliens on her city infrastructure and how we should focus on citizens(and vets) rather than shoulder the burden of illegals. I bet she wished she could.....turn back time....on that one.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Old money or not just like Bezos and the rest of them. They made their money from investors . Yes relatives can be investors .

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Hey, Trump was about 4th or lower on my GOP wish list for 2016. All he has done since winning the nomination is deliver on a lot of promises while fighting off a coup attempt and obstructors (dumb ass McCain/Ryan) in his own party.

If any Dem president had to fend off Fake News and weaponized DOJ/NSA/CIA/FBI/RNC like Trump is dealing with, they would have folded, much less accomplish anything.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

You're comparing the richest people of all time to Trump? Notice how the list I made had to either work for their investors or seek them out and impress them, while Trump had to just be born into wealth and ask his father who already had connections to set him up for prime opportunities.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Fallingdown

You're comparing the richest people of all time to Trump? Notice how the list I made had to either work for their investors or seek them out and impress them, while Trump had to just be born into wealth and ask his father who already had connections to set him up for prime opportunities.

That's not entirely how things work. I've seen, having been in the same area for a long time, family names build wealth, pass it on and have it destroyed due to stupidity and incompetence.

Family names that once owned "half the town" falling into the dustbin because often times the later generations think it's exactly as you describe. Only to find out that you actually have to have some talent and business ability to continue on with what you are given.

I know it sucks, but the man deserves some degree of personal credit. Only the most foolish and ignorant would assume otherwise.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The President made this much in 2018, while on "Automatic Pilot", LOL.

twitter.com...

Eat your hearts out liberal haters.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

i had always thought the richest man who ever lived was marcus lincius crassus but i guess i was wrong according to BBC its this guy

www.bbc.com...

Mansa Musa (1280-1337, king of the Mali empire) wealth indescribable Augustus Caesar (63 BC-14 AD, Roman emperor) $4.6tn (£3.5tn) Zhao Xu (1048-1085, emperor Shenzong of Song in China) wealth incalculable Akbar I (1542-1605, emperor of India's Mughal dynasty) wealth incalculable Andrew Carnegie (1835-1919, Scottish-American industrialist) $372bn John D Rockefeller (1839-1937) American business magnate) $341bn Nikolai Alexandrovich Romanov (1868-1918, Tsar of Russia) $300bn Mir Osman Ali Khan ( 1886-1967, Indian royal) $230bn William The Conqueror (1028-1087) $229.5bn Muammar Gaddafi (1942-2011, long-time ruler of Libya) $200bn
and

The golden king Mansa Musa was born in 1280 into a family of rulers. His brother, Mansa Abu-Bakr, ruled the empire until 1312, when he abdicated to go on an expedition. According to 14th Century Syrian historian Shibab al-Umari, Abu-Bakr was obsessed with the Atlantic Ocean and what lay beyond it. He reportedly embarked on an expedition with a fleet of 2,000 ships and thousands of men, women and slaves. They sailed off, never to return. Some, like the late American historian Ivan Van Sertima, entertain the idea that they reached South America. But there is no evidence of this. In any case, Mansa Musa inherited the kingdom he left behind. Under his rule, the kingdom of Mali grew significantly. He annexed 24 cities, including Timbuktu. The kingdom stretched for about 2,000 miles, from the Atlantic Ocean all the way to modern-day Niger, taking in parts of what are now Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, The Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea and Ivory Coast.
and

With such a large land mass came great resources such as gold and salt. During the reign of Mansa Musa, the empire of Mali accounted for almost half of the Old World's gold, according to the British Museum. And all of it belonged to the king. "As the ruler, Mansa Musa had almost unlimited access to the most highly valued source of wealth in the medieval world," Kathleen Bickford Berzock, who specializes in African art at the Block Museum of Art at the Northwestern University, told the BBC. "Major trading centres that traded in gold and other goods were also in his territory, and he garnered wealth from this trade," she added.
so the richest person to ever live was a black king from mali who abdicated the throne and pretty much went on an adventure and gave out so much cash(read gold) that it crashed the middle eastern economy for years and devalued the value of gold by roughly 1.5 billion dollars mostly over night and was so wealthy we cant even get an estimate and historians say if europe tried to screw with him when he lived (vs colonialism times) he may very well have defeated them

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

No I’m pointing out that he had investors including his family .

And Bezos and the rest of them had rich investors .

Doesn’t matter where you start, it matters where you end

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

That's not true at all. In fact he had very few connections in NYC, where he went to make his fortunes. His father had told him not to go there.

Gates sold another persons work to get his
Buffetts dad owned a brokerage firm.

Bezo's/rockefeller are the only ones more self made than trump.

I view bezos and rockefeller as very similar, as far as their startup stories go. They both got into something huge, early, and stuck with it. Never wavering.

Regardless, trump has plenty of good company. I mean that in so many ways.
edit on 16-5-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Donald Trump has a 98% success rate among all of his businesses.

Only an idiot would bet against Trump.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Donald Trump has a 98% success rate among all of his businesses.

Only an idiot would bet against Trump.

Are you calling CNN idiots????

I mean look at their success as of late, their killing it(themselves).

I'll back the "smear merchants" that are diving head first into financial ruin. Because iz smarts....

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Let's be honest, Gates had a pretty solid support network of his own growing up. If you actually look at the parentage of any of your list they all have parents with more than modest means and more than average connections.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Small loan of a million dollars, and connections out the wazoo from old wealth made Trump.

A self made billionaire is Bezo's, Rockefeller, Gates, Buffet etc. people who started with literally nothing, or modest means, Trump had old wealth in his back pocket. Sure he used the money wisely but he also had daddy to fall back on when he was almost personally bankrupt to essentially co-sign for him with banks to make a deal.

Meh, real estate always stays strong as long as people want it. His only big achievement I actually think he made in his life was becoming the POTUS.

How many out of all multimillionaires have had descendants? How many total of those descendants of theirs have become BILLIONAIRES? I dare you to find that number and present it here so we can all laugh at you. I FU***NG dare you. I won't hold my breath don't worry. Have a good day, MAGA!

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Bezos spent his summers on a 25,000 acre family owned ranch.
www.wired.com...

Jeff spent summers working at his maternal grandfather's ranch in Cotulla, Texas, fixing windmills, castrating cattle, laying pipes, and repairing pumps. Lawrence Preston "Pop" Gise had held jobs that a young boy couldn't help but find cool. Gise worked on space technology and missile defense systems at Darpa in the late 1950s; in 1964, Congress appointed him manager of the Atomic Energy Commission's Albuquerque operations office, where he supervised 26,000 employees in the AEC's western region, including the Sandia, Los Alamos, and Lawrence Livermore laboratories. He retired to his southwest Texas spread in 1968, and he doted on Jeff from the time his grandson was an infant. "Mr. Gise was a towering figure in Jeff's life," says Weinstein.

He had a lot more connections than the commonly touted stories tell.

Buffett's father was a congressman.
Gate's father was the head of the Washington State Bar Association (and Bill Gates is actually William Gates III )

Rockafeller however seems like he legitimately did earn his status on his own.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders would take 70% to 90% of that $484 million. That's their desired corporate tax rate. The President would have to lay off thousands of employees all over the world.

Jealous, short-sighted Democrats.

That's ok...Trump employs mostly non-Americans at his properties...and he ain't gonna let them em go...watch

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Not disputing anything, but Fred Trump died in '99. How much of his fortune did Donald inherit at that point in time?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join