It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're all on death row

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As you get older you welcome it, I know many old people who anticipate freedom from their bodies.
You get older in your bones but not in your head I am told

I know some people who have lost their minds due to age.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Once it gets later in the night, I like a nice vintage raging red maddog 20/20.

Noooo don't do it. That's the only one out of the 4 varieties that made me puke when I was 15. It made me stop having one sometimes with the cool kids though. 15yrs old, drinking an entire mad dog, I dunno.. it's in my genes.

Which is a good thing because it means my body is designed with a tolerance and rapid clearance system from birth, right? Then it's simply mind over matter. I never understood people that like to get socially smashed or even drunk alone. I will take it to a bit tipsy, but beyond that it doesn't feel good and you suffer from the damage the next day.

Anything that will provide diminishing returns with negatives that sharply increase like that should be recognized and respected. It does that to you so that you won't go that far, it's a system built in like most things.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
Perhaps I've just had lingering depression but if so, it's rather sketchy that it always harbors this idea:

None of us have that long to live. A convict on death row simply knows the date of it which is subject to change because of court and other potential circumstances. Many stay on death row for 20 years or longer, die from natural causes there. So even death row isn't an automatic death sentence persay, but makes it a possibility or a probability depending on the state.

That means in a way that we're all on a death row except ignorant to the date until it gets closer, sometimes. Other times it's sudden and unexpected, but assuming none of that happens and you live your full tenure, it's a horribly depressing but very realistic view. I'm in my mid 30s, soon to be late, and if I were to be lucky enough to live to the average age which is 76 years, I'm dead in 40 years.

40 years isn't a long time, and as of right now I identify with myself as how I've always looked and acted since adulthood even though I'm almost halfway through it. That means the second half if I'm so lucky will be drastically accelerated aging on my appearance and mental ability, worsening of all existing health problems and new ones forming, basically slowly dying while alive.

Then, when it gets close to the time if I have one of the typical drawn out "you have this long to live unless you can fix it or have a miracle" deaths, I'll be basically Godless or at least not expecting an afterlife with no kids probably to rest my death on like they'll live through me, maybe not even a love of my life. It'll just be an old miserable dying man in 40 years if I'm lucky. That's reality.

I don't want to make it seem worse so I'm not going to do the math, I have before. That's only 365 x 40 days.

In your life, how many deja vus have you had?

How many times have you...seen this before or been here before?

People on this earth
are slowly realizing
that this is not the first
or the last time, you have been here.The walking dead is real and everybody on this earth, is reliving, why god's judgment... was absolutely justified.Legend

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LegendReacts

To be honest, usually just from things I've experienced before. Places that seemed like places I'd been or people I'd met before but I end up recalling where it originated from usually.

If I wanted to believe that I was reincarnated, been here before and will get to be here again 99.9% ignorantly to the previous times, I'd jump on that. It sounds more believable and realistic than a fancy heaven with mansions and gold or an Islamic sex palace with 72 virgins that bleed every time we do it for eternity. I'd still get bored of the lot of them after 1,000 years.

A new, fresh experience, something totally different, that's the ticket. I could even be a bird or a mouse and it wouldn't matter. A fun vacation until I go back into a human form. Died at birth? No problem. Suffered terribly and died young? There's always next round. How do I get into that? Buddhism?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Haha, I was joking about the swill.

Usually it's craft beer (unless it's super hot, then alcoholic water light beer) good red wine or bourbon.

As per the rest of your post, I always try to walk the line and keep a good buzz when I drink. I'm decent in that discipline are 😂. Sometimes the bourbon is just too good.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

iam 65 i have lived longer than my dad who died at 60 the only way forward is dont think about it enjoy your life when the time comes have no regrets smile through the tears

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
a reply to: LegendReacts

To be honest, usually just from things I've experienced before. Places that seemed like places I'd been or people I'd met before but I end up recalling where it originated from usually.

If I wanted to believe that I was reincarnated, been here before and will get to be here again 99.9% ignorantly to the previous times, I'd jump on that. It sounds more believable and realistic than a fancy heaven with mansions and gold or an Islamic sex palace with 72 virgins that bleed every time we do it for eternity. I'd still get bored of the lot of them after 1,000 years.

A new, fresh experience, something totally different, that's the ticket. I could even be a bird or a mouse and it wouldn't matter. A fun vacation until I go back into a human form. Died at birth? No problem. Suffered terribly and died young? There's always next round. How do I get into that? Buddhism?

Now that right there is why I think we're all here. The Experience! All the knowledge in the universe can't replace direct experience.

It might not always be a pleasant experience that we choose.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
i just wanted to apologize maybe i over did it. i was in a coma a week then awake two weeks with no memory my brain was healing. when i came to i couldnt speak and forgot everything who i was what year it was. i am afraid to die like most people. i think what if it is like end ofT2 the computer shuts off or i just disappear. so i live safely dont drive always the passenger. stay at home introverted love to be byself play video games in school at lunch i just used to keep to self and draw in my notebook. i dont take a lot of risks or chances. things were complicated i was handicaped, gun scare my fault secret murder plot people said got molested in july 02my tv talked to me and was mentally ill. i didnt contact high school they didnt contact me. i went to adult day care thought mtv was putting me in danger check six outside paranoid. people in psych wards heard rumors about me. 4 2007 i heard a team at nasa write screenplays for five years of persecutory homophobic stuff. found out they got a paranoid android or nexus one replicant build for slave labor that was only allowed four years to live before retired by blade runner. staying in my room and playing games is a lot better than dead cease to exist like before life stan says to terminally ill kid in south park whats being dead like . i dont know i guess it was like before you were born. if you go into nothing or the abyss. i dont believe you get 72 virgins for blowing yourself up with a bomb. i never read the bible. i never really went to church. i watch tv.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i dont know whats going on i am part robot like ai artficial intelligence. i am expendable so like john connor in fifth one he was a terminator. i cant offend my girlfriend she is religious any sort of reference to second coming is deeply offensive i dont understand why. walking a tightrope over a wilderness of razor blades. i am just kid in house they dont care about me. they want me to believe i am in military f you olmpics. system designed against me. i am not dead yet i think i will go for a walk. monty python. my girlfriend has a boyfriend but i might come into some money. first you get the money then you get the power then the women. in real life that might mean down payment on a house or vacations or shopping sprees. twenty years i got castrated everyone lied i got molested had to go to psych then for five years you gave me schizophrenia for no reason. persecutory homophobic you still tell me your not going to pay me cause i dont do anything. i wrote ai. when i get the money just be baller get girl listen to that song barbie doll by aqua and then i get good luck miracles happen and whatever i am the bad one.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Firebrand1105volunteer

Sounds like a catch 22 brah.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

thats pretty old for a dog

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

"To be honest, usually just from things I've experienced before. Places that seemed like places I'd been or people I'd met before but I end up recalling where it originated from usually.

If I wanted to believe that I was reincarnated"

I don't discount reincarnation, why you ask, because most people or at least half are afraid of water or can't swim. As far as when you will die, ALL humans will lead to that, it simply wasn't the way it was before the flood..."Yes, look up all the records". I personally don't care about these other faiths, I know what and what doesn't work.

When I was a child I was always fearing death, you know thinking ahead then I got into stuff I shouldn't have and a human death is not the end, remember that no matter what you place your faith in.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have a strong belief that we don't just die and that's it.

I'm Pastafarian (Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, he boiled for our sins)... Anyways, we believe that heaven has a beer volcano and a stripper factory. Hell on the other hand has the same thing, but the beer is stale, and the strippers have STD's.

And in his name- R'amen.

So either everything's really good or just like normal.

I can get with this.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Are lefty's a race????

Wow! Learn sumthin' new every day!

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We have suffered enough! We started civilization, and we can end it too!

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I had a breakdown yesterday, lots of pressure to be respectful to others beliefs. I am friends or fans of Colbert and others and everyone is religious . I ignore my own beliefs. Someone was feeling down so I tried to lift them up.

I don't believe I will get 72 virgins in the afterlife cause that doesn't make any sense. Maybe if I lived in a society that puts great value on virgins, wow 72 score I wanna go right now.

The British guy from GTA IV comedian is an atheist and had a crayon drawing of Noah's ark on stage on the internet. He was saying the bird is looking at the elephant strangely. I didnt go to church I guess that was what I believed . Other around millennium watch TV don't go to church.

The girl is in hiding quit her job contacts me anonymous ly here , I don't have a ride and can't find her. I wanted her to tell me about church, cause I just don't get it. Sorta like what if in the future people just live their lives.

I don't know if it's going to work out. Also I don't know what happened with secret murder plot people , cops aren't doing anything maybe I should go Crow. I am not gay and they said he was totally gay. Maybe track certain people down and f them up.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Firebrand1105volunteer

Chill man, the elephant is actually an ancient island.

chill...

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i have sorta been preparing in my life to enjoy to the fullest. my near death experience is a little out of ordinary but that could very well be what happens when you die. lose conciousness and go into like before you were born. i enjoy my life while i am here. the OP said late thirties and i am 35. pretty much in same boat. i tried explaining what i do. believing in the rapture.

i guess like others i believe my answer to the great question is right or i wouldnt believe in it.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It doesn't matter how long you live. It's what you do with the time you have that matters.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Look up entropy and heat death! That'll cheer you up a bit

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join