It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something about Sol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sun Worship

being a response to:
Man the most insane of species by Lightsurgeon

So I was worshipping Sun one morning
and it occurred to me that Solar benefits
are a one way proposition;
as in Sun can beam His light and warmth
to me and mine in Earth biosphere
but we can't beam anything back.

Then Sun replied "That is sort of true.
You as an individual have so little
impact that it isn't worth calculating in.
I'm this big fiery orb who feels the pull
of your whole Earth.

"And being a being of light
I do get feedback reflected
in a spectrum of light.
So atmospheric and oceanic and terrestrial
composition do effects my moods."

After thinking about that awhile,
"Oh! Like Spectro analysis
how chemical composition effects light
passthrough and reflection.
Then humans should maybe keep track of
Ocean and Sky chemistry and Plant distribution."

Then I waited,
and waited some more
"Umm Sun? What else?"

The only reply I feel is
"You're talking to Sun,
are you insane?"

----------------------------------------

Exlpanatory note: I have discovered recently that I am quite jealous of my thoughts and stuff that I write. Specifically in cases in which someone asks a question and I respond with a well researched and thought out response.

Then I think to myself, I think,
"Self are you content to have your work
buried in someone else's thread?
You earn no flags,
and even if someone likes
your musings so much that she
flags the thread then
it is someone else, not you
who get's the credit."

"Well no. I'm a jealous person
and greedy too, when it comes to
flags and stars:
the things that I crave."

"You realize that this is
maybe a bit too self revelatory.
That's no way to begin a thread."

"Yeah, better move it to after the main content."

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wow, sounds like the Sun has a degree in something because of the way it talks about science stuff.

I know it is a bright individual and seems to have 360 degrees displayed on it's disk.
edit on 16-5-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Dear sun, i am always trying clean my brain when you shine light through my eyes, but why do you have to make me dizzy and vomit so much?
edit on 16-5-2019 by solve because: Typo madness

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There are degrees and then there are degrees: maybe 5,778 K makes Him quite educated.

Sun has been here, well not right here in this exact spot, that would be catastrophic, for a very long time. Much longer than humans. Don't know if He invented language, but … I don't know.

From Earth human perspective He does look round like a circle. I don't look very long though, because my Mom told me "Doing too much of that will make you go blind!"
edit on 16-5-2019 by pthena because: spelling and such

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Wow, sounds like the Sun has a degree in something because of the way it talks about science stuff.

Nice pun!

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Mushrooms avoid Sun, they got no chlorophyll.
Darkness is sometimes to be preferred over Light.

It's a balancing act. Good balance leads to less Vertigo.
Your brain senses movement by signals from your inner ears, eyes, muscles, and joints. When the signals do not match, you can get Vertigo.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

There are degrees and then there are degrees: maybe 5,778 K makes Him quite educated.

Sun has been here, well not right here in this exact spot, that would be catastrophic, for a very long time. Much longer than humans. Don't know if He invented language, but … I don't know.

From Earth human perspective He does look round like a circle. I don't look very long though, because my Mom told me "Doing too much of that will make you go blind!"

'I get blue squiggly lines in my vision when I look at the sun even for a second. When I close my eyes I can see them. They go away after a few minutes.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yeah, me too. I think I heard somewhere that there are cumulative effects to nerve cells.

Right now I have a splitting head ache, I'm gonna go check my medicine cabinet.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The very bright perhaps don't need to feel validated by just anyoleone's Star or Flag.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Sounds pretty sane to me, at least you're not chatting with mockingbirds like the other me in this head. I could post "People of the Sun" now but this should do as well.

Great song for headaches as well, but I seem to suffer from a different kind of funk. lol.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Oooh, chatting with mockingbirds is fun, trying to get them to change the way they talk. Much more amusing than trying to get a crow to leave your garbage alone.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Oooh, chatting with mockingbirds is fun, trying to get them to change the way they talk. Much more amusing than trying to get a crow to leave your garbage alone.

Also making squirrels sounds to squirrels is so much fun, first i could only make the danger sound, but then figured a way to have a proper chat with them

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Also making squirrels sounds to squirrels is so much fun, first i could only make the danger sound, but then figured a way to have a proper chat with them
I get up in the morning, tell the cats I am making them breakfast, go downstairs, open the patio door and say high to the deer, telling them their breakfast will be out in a few minutes. They wait, they wag their tails as I cut up potatoes carrots and apples for them. Then I have to feed the cats their treats, they are waiting, so I get that done and they are all happy. So then I go to the fishtank and feed them, they are all excited.....oh #, I forgot to feed the goldfish today, I bet they are pissed at me, I lost three stars today in the restaurant review, one negative star from each fish for poor service. Got to go feed the fish before they turn into cannibals.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Thanks. That helped in a way.
But I read the lyrics
and over abundance of tangential memories.

Overload! Overload!
I better turn the TV and Radio off for a while.
I'm no good at multitasking cacophony.

Okay, that's better.
I've heard that song before.
My friend back in 2002 had a membership in something like Alternative Music CD of the Week. She had lots and lots of the kinds of music not aired on typical radio stations. That CD was one of her collection. She played it and caused me to hear it. And I was like "Do you have the lyrics? I like to read along."

But then she changed to Smashing Pumpkins or something like that.
Any way, I got a bit thrown off this morning. Last night I thought of a way cool story about rutting season and decided I could write it this morning. But then I looked at ATS and got distracted.

Things like that happen.
edit on 16-5-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Funny how the created worship the created
Our sun is very small so you worship a small sun, not even the biggest of suns

I like light at night, a light globe is like a mini sun in some ways

I don't worship stars, dont want stars
Being popular is easy, you just have to lie to yourself

Please flag this thread, some people need others to accept them and value their opinion, it validates their lives

I wonder how many threads I have posted that are ramblings and how many are threads passing on information I think people would be interested in
I find I come to ats for my news source not so much the esoteric nonsense I sometimes find here

I don't worship the sun or stars, I like a nice tan though

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I know it is a bright individual and seems to have 360 degrees displayed on it's disk.

5,778K degrees actually.

edit on 16-5-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Our sun is very small so you worship a small sun, not even the biggest of suns

Sure He isn't the biggest out there,
but He's close, close enough to turn Sky blue.

I like light at night, a light globe is like a mini sun in some ways

I remember Night,
before artificial light
polluted the view
of all those distant
and sometimes bigger than
Solar Star.
Night Sight

Please flag this thread, some people need others to accept them and value their opinion, it validates their lives

You betcha! That's exactly what it's about. I'm pretty sure that some people call that Love, the giving and receiving of acceptance and validation.

One day I was randomly reading some intro material for the Short Story forum and came across this: Poetry in the Short Story and Collaborative Writing Forums.

It took me by surprise. The late great masque liked my little poem. I cried, for masque and for his appreciation of my little bitty contribution. And I'm crying right now.

I find I come to ats for my news source not so much the esoteric nonsense I sometimes find here

I originally came to ATS to "straighten out the atheists". A crazy mission, I realize in hindsight. Atheists dare to say what heathens like me restrain themselves from because of what some may call superstition. Of course the superstitious don't call themselves superstitious, we call it reasonable caution.

Some people can sing
some can compose music
some can write lyrics that go with music
some can do all three.

Me? I used to be really good at open mic.
I think I still have a slight talent toward thought exercises and converting them into poems and stories.
With a vengeance.
in a nice way
hopefully.

I gave you a star.

I like nice tans too — on other people.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Hey TzarChasm,

Does that K stand for Kelvin or Thousand?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Hey TzarChasm,

Does that K stand for Kelvin or Thousand?

Thousand

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

5.8 million degrees? That sounds hot enough to be literally brilliant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join