It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should you be able to claim an Alabama fetus on your taxes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Maybe so, but imo you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. There is no valid argument for claiming a fetus on your taxes in the first place. Whether the fetus is a person or not.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dumpaling

If you believe there aren't months of valid expenses pre-birth, then you clearly have no children.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Human fetuses aren't an endangered species, like the American Bald Eagle. 

So Bald Eagle chicks in eggs are worth being protected, and human children in utero are not. And the basis of the determination concerning the sanctity of life should be one based solely on scarcity?

I can add, States have the right to regulate dangerous substances that may cause birth defects, or worse, as a matter of public health, ...

Right. Cutting a living child into pieces and removing her in parts from the womb is solely a matter of convenience for the mother, but we draw the line at incidentally poisoning them. Brave moral stand.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If I were to go driving drunk tonight, hit and kill a pregnant mother who happened to be on her way to have an abortion, would I be charged with 1 or 2 counts of manslaughter?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oaktree
If I were to go driving drunk tonight, hit and kill a pregnant mother who happened to be on her way to have an abortion, would I be charged with 1 or 2 counts of manslaughter?

You'd be charged with fetus abuse, murder of a fetus, manslaughter, resisting arrest (you're drunk), evading police (you're still drunk), hit and run (you're drunk), felony hit and run (fetus and all)..., and cited for every red light, stop sign, traffic device you violated along your path of escape. Further, dont throw anything out the window lest they cite you for littering as well.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: Oaktree

You'd be charged with fetus abuse, murder of a fetus, manslaughter, resisting arrest (you're drunk), evading police (you're still drunk), hit and run (you're drunk), felony hit and run (fetus and all)..., and cited for every red light, stop sign, traffic device you violated along your path of escape. Further, dont throw anything out the window lest they cite you for littering as well.

I think you missed the point of my post, but you are not wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join