It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should you be able to claim an Alabama fetus on your taxes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sookie used the words the Founders used.

Nope. The 14th Amendment was written after the Civil War in 1868, not by the Founding Fathers.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

My wife had a SSN, she was neither born here nor was she naturalized, she wasn't a citizen at all, so how did she get one if the 14th amendment says only people born in the US or naturalized can get one?
edit on 16-5-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Did she disclose the pregnancy?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Actually, you are correct, I don't actually know at the time of the 14th amendment the context of word born.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: JAGStorm

Exactly. As I brought up in another thread, this means that any child conceived on US soil is a US citizen.

Does that mean that any illegal immigrant that conceives on US soil can't be deported since it would also require reporting a legal US citizen?

Lol, people have a problem with "anchor babies," they'll really have a problem with "anchor fetuses."

Why, there is no legal reason illegals should be citizens. But, anchor babies often start as pregnant woman coming here to give birth. There is a big racket with giving birth in Mexico and having paperwork filled out saying you were in America.

Legally speaking, illegals have no birthright citizenship. It really needs to go to the SC soon.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Did she disclose the pregnancy?

I don't know. Should a woman be required to resister with the state if she's pregnant? Shouldn't that fall under the HIPAA restrictions of only physicians and medical personnel should have medical information on a patient?

I thought conservatives were against government intrusion into peoples private lives. I guess not, eh? Can't hide the hypocrisy any longer!!
edit on 16-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

What does HIPAA have to do with immigration? My wife had to submit EXTENSIVE medical information for her immigration, pregnancy is one of those things you have to check off.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

`(d) As used in this section, the term `unborn child' means a child in utero, and the term `child in utero' or `child, who is in utero' means a member of the species homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb.'."

web.archive.org...://nrlc.org/Unborn_Victims/UVVAEnrolled.html

Here is your law, defining a baby in the womb as a human.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It seems vagrancy was less of a major problem and abortion less common when those facilities were in use in this nation.

Did you get those facts from fox news? You also want nation wide right to work.... Just my opinion, but your views are sooo out there.

Thanks, when someone with your views takes that position, it means my views are exactly where they should be.
I don't watch FOX News... hell, I don't even have cable or broadcast television.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What does HIPAA have to do with immigration? My wife had to submit EXTENSIVE medical information for her immigration, pregnancy is one of those things you have to check off.

Immigration? I just found out... She was from Texas!! The state of Alabama needs her medical records to see if she's pregnant or not?
edit on 16-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

To make an omelette you have to break some eggs. Cities which have tried the pandering to the indigents with housing and assistance aplenty have seen their indigent population grow exponentially alongside more help has come more homeless willing to live like animals for the benefits. Homelessness/poverty shouldn't be a benefit, it should be a motivator... you only get that motivation if you start removing the comfortable safety nets and replace them with tools that swing a boot to the ass and motivate the user to better their own situation. That absolutely did work where poor farms were concerned... very few stayed in them past the first opportunity to grab a real job that paid real money for real work.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Homelessness/poverty shouldn't be a benefit, it should be a motivator... you only get that motivation if you start removing the comfortable safety nets and replace them with tools that swing a boot to the ass and motivate the user to better their own situation. That absolutely did work where poor farms were concerned... very few stayed in them past the first opportunity to grab a real job that paid real money for real work.

Sorry, but you're just wrong. Your ideas are old-fashioned and have been proven over time to be either useless or inadequate. And you seem to have a real bone to pick with poor people on a personal, emotional level, which is no help to anyone.

I really am sorry. It's unfortunate.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

And I said I don't have an issue doing that if that bridges the gap.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Please, by all means, show me how your modern methods are working in places like Seattle, San Francisco, or Anchorage, or any other major city which has become overrun with vagrants.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So what about the husband who refused not to smoke in the house or in the car with his pregnant wife. Ya know that second hand smoke is just as dangerous.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So? Who is saying that sperm, egg, embryo and fetus aren't human? That's just the pro-lifer's way of dancing around the 14th Amendment.

You'll note that the law explicitly exempts women who consent to abortion and their abortion providers, because SCOTUS has ruled, several times, that a fetus is not a person, has no right to life or constitutional protections.

edit on 16-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Wait, so only natural born citizens are people now? That's your argument?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

And the men today think they have it so bad. At least they haven't been legally wiped out of existence.
edit on 16-5-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Wait, so only natural born citizens are people now? That's your argument?

Nope. The operative word is BORN, not "natural".

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The argument is that children in utero are persons deserving of legal protection, not that they are citizens in utero. So how exactly does the 14th Amendment enter the conversation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join