It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gotta Light?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
High folks!

Sold a piece to a friend, which is why I need YOUR help. Got a price tag for me? It's 40 x 40 cm and part of a series with 3 other pieces like this. It's all Oils and canvas on canvas for a 3-dimensional relievo effect. Took a few months as well, this looks easier than it was. I guess.

However. I'll take simple feedback, suggestions and heavy critique as well. It's not signed yet and I doubt I will sign it on the front, just to let the observer decide which way is up.

Have at it! Thanks.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Looks great. Well done.

Calculate the hours and multiply by a decent wage and then add the cost of materials.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Looks great. If there is one critique I could make is that I'd like to see it a little more angry.

I would say at least 5K

My suggestion is to post on Ebay/Etsy or something similar for a much higher price and see if anyone bites.
Art is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Very cool and floaty,,

I would pay 200 bucks,

Might be more valuable, but that is my spending limit given to me by you know what.

i might add that it is a very though calculation, time spent versus money to be made, they are in most cases very far away from one another, but then again, art is for art, not money.

edit on 16-5-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

Oh, by the way, since you mentioned it, i would hang it so, that the right side is the bottom, it reminded me of mountains and glaciers,
edit on 16-5-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Go to galleries and shows and tack on a price comparable to other similar work. My consultant fees are quite reasonable, where should I send the bill?

btw....I like your work. a lot!!

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

$ 12000 sounds like a good number. First number that popped in my head when I looked at it. Very nice work.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I like it. I don't know prices.
I've got an original silk painting by Margriet Seinen, which is slightly smaller in size.
See here for an approximation: Gaia At Rest
I'm pretty sure that I paid about $200 US, back in 2000.
Mine has the colors more muted, I like it much more than the really bright colored one she's now been trying to sell since 2001.

She had her work displayed in a small children's clothing store in a small town North of San Francisco. I really, really liked her larger geometric designs but didn't have the money for those. Asked her if she had any rejects (not quite up to her high standards), you know, for a lower price. She didn't, or so she said.

So I flipped through what she's selling now from the website. Not many have prices, saw a couple for around $1050. I think silk is more expensive because of the one shot nature, no do overs, no painting over the mistakes.

Well, uh good luck picking a price.

new topics

top topics

join