It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China-US trade war, an interesting take not seen in the media

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: pexx421

Yawn, no one cares about your pro China anti American diatribes. Fact, China doesn't allow access to markets unless you give it all your IP. Fact, China steals everything it can from any company that won't give it.

If this were really our concern then we would have accepted the treaty we offered, which they agreed to, which codified intellectual property rights and protection into their law and established us observers to ensure compliance.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You are lying. That never happened. China backed out, stop lying.

In each of the seven chapters of the draft, Reuters reported, China had deleted commitments to change laws to resolve U.S. complaints: theft of U.S. intellectual property and trade secrets, forced technology transfers, competition policy, access to financial services and currency manipulation.

www.cnbc.com...

One in Five U.S. Companies Say China Has Stolen Their Intellectual Property

fortune.com...

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I’m lying? I’m just quoting rasmus.

“To listen to Trump and his neocons running the US foreign (and trade) policy show now, it was the Chinese. They changed the agreement at the last minute. But who really did the changes? Who set off the process? And how?

If the Chinese backtracked on some terms of the deal, it was clearly in response to the Trump-Neocon trade team initiating the backtracking. Here’s what the Trump team did:

The US publicly declared the week before that the US would keep tariffs on even after an agreement. This violated the understanding that both sides would remove the new tariffs once an agreement was reached ($100 billion China on US; $250 billion US on China)
Trump threatened tariffs on the remaining $300 billion of China imports
The US signaled that China would have to not only stop technology transfer from US corporations doing business in China, but that China would have to share its tech development with the US if it wanted an agreement. That included the military-sensitive nextgen technologies like 5G, AI, and cybersecurity.
The US demanded that China stop subsidizing its state owned enterprises (SOEs) with low interest rate loans that put US multinational corporations in an uncompetitive position in China (even as the US continued to subsidize via tax cuts, trade credits, etc.)
The US indicated it would continue its global efforts to prevent US allies from doing business with China tech companies like Huawai, ZTE, China Mobile, etc. regardless if an agreement was reached.
If one wanted to scuttle negotiations at the last minute, this was certainly a way to do it.”

But yeah. Your CNBC is probably a more reliable source. They don’t lie.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Reuters is the source, not CNBC. Your non source said China backtracked, but it was Trump's fault.

Exclusive: China backtracked on almost all aspects of U.S. trade deal

Stop lying.
edit on 16-5-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Reuters is the source, not CNBC. Your non source said China backtracked, but it was Trump's fault.

Exclusive: China backtracked on almost all aspects of U.S. trade deal

Stop lying.

See, because you’re indoctrinated in American business model you don’t understand the actual meaning of backtracking. You’ve consumed too much doublespeak.

When two people have terms, like the us presented to China, and China decided to accept and improve upon, and then one side changes those terms drastically, and the other side refuses to accept the new terms, that’s not backtracking for the second side.

If you agree to buy a laptop from me for, say, $1500. And before we get together to make the deal, I say I also want 500 Doritos and your firstborn masculine child, and you refuse to the extended terms I add, that’s not you backing out. Or maybe in your world it is.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ah. This article does a good description of Reuter’s neutrality and credibility.

fair.org...

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The Chinese didn't 'force' American or any western companies to outsource work to them, it was western companies who looked at China as a means to make their products cheaper, and to hell with jobs and employment to workers who originally worked for the companies. It wasn't the fault of China, it was the fault of the company owners and boards, who were presumably your compatriots. They just didn't give a damn about you or your family's welfare.

America is quite some way behind China with regard to the technology and implementation of 5G, its mobile phones are better, and Apple has dropped down the ranks. America is crying foul whilst at the same time playing dirty for its own benefits. America is using the term 'national security' and the powers it can use behind that to try and keep US companies at the top of the hill, and seeking to force allies into submission at the same time.

America can get #ed! It's allies will trade with whom they want, when they want, and how they want. If that means not trading with America, then so be it. America's own domestic market is big, but not big enough to compete against the global market which it likes to manipulate to American benefit only.

China will do fine without America, and it can take the hit. The trade war with China will hurt America more.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I work with Chinese companies and visit regularly.

The Chinese I work with are not on slave labour wages.

With regards to Regulations, it depends what you refer to. Health and Safety exists in China, that’s how they pass audits to run existing multi national trading.

It’s not a perfect place but it’s not what you see in the media. It’s far more advanced than many places in the US and EU. Amenities, transport, utilities, facilities for workers. 775million workers, of which millions can afford to pay 45% tax... it doesn’t all go in the pockets of the leaders.

Our governments want us to think otherwise. Want us to believe they aren’t ahead....but they are, in almost everything except warfare tools. That’s about to change. China has developed more in the last 20 years than the US or EU has in the last 50.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Seriously, for all the hating on China, China’s massive public works expansions and currency controls are the only reason capitalism is still limping along. If China had not doubled down on their massive investments and infrastructure mega projects after the 08 crash, all the worlds economies would have sunk like the house of cards it is. The us economy currently exists only due to China’s tolerance. And if we don’t learn to play nice, and wise up before the Bri is completed then we may find ourselves being the ones locked out of the international market for once.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Clinton to Obama all are equally responsible.

Agreed, add both Bush's and Trump.

China was one of the driving forces of me hoping Trump won.

Only problem with that is, no matter who the president is Goldman Sachs is in charge.
edit on 16-5-2019 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

That's about as true as China agreeing and not renegging on their deals. I already proved they did. I actually hope you are a paid shill rather than a crazy apologist.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

With Trump reneging on deals all over the place, like Iran, could you blame China?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

As far as I can see China is about the only contender to the US's status as king of the hill, and they're moving up fast at our expense. Now they are building up force projection...what do you think the next step is after they have an ability to project their military?

The problem is we are playing yesterdays game. We should not even be competing with China, or any other nation for that matter.

We own space, we should be capitalizing on that and expanding on it exponentially. Dominate the next frontier like no other nation on Earth can.

But no, we're stuck here with a two-bit real estate agent/salesman as president dropping bombs on Toyota's in the desert for 800 billion a year. We are stagnating talking about manufacturing and coal while we should be expanding the frontiers of our very civilization, the entirety of human existence! We have the capability!

Why are they holding us back?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

That's about as true as China agreeing and not renegging on their deals. I already proved they did. I actually hope you are a paid shill rather than a crazy apologist.

The us has broken the vast majority of the treaties it has made. What deals did China renege on??
I can’t even honestly tell what you are talking about half the time. Are you saying that China not accepting the deal with the us after we added all the extra requirements? Is that what you are calling “China reneging on their deal”? And seriously, at some point you need to put aside your vast hatred for whomever the media is telling you to hate that day.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Trump never made the Iran deal. Try again.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Sorry, we’re not talking about trump or xi. We’re talking about the us and China. , but the Iran treaty was LEGALLY BINDING according to the constitution. Trump should not have had the authority to break it. But apparently he’s broken plenty promises and contracts personally as well. He’s known for it.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Sorry, once again you are wrong.

It turns out that the Obama administration not only acknowledged that the deal wasn’t a treaty (obvious enough), but it also admitted that it wasn’t “an executive agreement” or even a “signed document.”

www.nationalreview.com...

The Iran deal was a nothing, it wasn't a deal at all, it was Obama telling Iran to do what it wants without an actual deal.

It must suck being wrong every single time.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

In each of the seven chapters of the draft, Reuters reported, China had deleted commitments to change laws to resolve U.S. complaints: theft of U.S. intellectual property and trade secrets, forced technology transfers, competition policy, access to financial services and currency manipulation.

www.cnbc.com...

One in Five U.S. Companies Say China Has Stolen Their Intellectual Property

fortune.com...

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

It was indeed an internationally recognized deal that Iran was fully compliant with. Just because you read something on an internet website doesn’t mean it’s necessarily true. Again, you need to rein back your hatred for any American enemy dujour a bit. We have plenty of the greatest villains in the world right here in our own country.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Seriously, occam, I get that you disagree with me. It’s ok. I know some of us need to cling to the belief that our nation’s a bastion of light and hope, so they buy into the narratives and can’t handle questioning. It’s ok, really it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join