It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An experiment in cooperation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Tonight, i was sitting out on the patio built around the back of my apartment enjoying a smoke and gazing up at a crystal clear view of the southern sky, when an idea hit me.

Many of us on this board read and post with an essential amount of skepticism, while others either completely close their minds to thoughts outside of the box, or abandon reason in a maniacal attempt to stroke their own unrelenting ego's.

So, in an attempt to unite the reasonable of the board in a "homework assignment" dedicated to such a criticized forum, I think that, on a designated night, those willing to participate should turn our respective digital or video camera's to the night sky. Think about it; most of the poster's in this forum are avid sky watchers, but when do we spend the largest amount of time gazing at the heavens? During the daytime. Maybe, through a united effort, one of us around the globe could capture some type of anomalous activity; if not some some footage of some completely natural phoenomena
. Thoughts and discussion on this would be appreciated.

Also, if this type of thing has been tried on the board before (which i'm not aware of anything similar in the past) please let me know!

-goregrinder

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm definitely down for it. The weather has been nothing but perfect at night for me lately, it sounds like fun.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus
I'm definitely down for it. The weather has been nothing but perfect at night for me lately, it sounds like fun.

Awesome
. The more i think about this, the more i'm liking it. The more world wide, the better, too.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sounds like a pretty solid idea. I'd be for it if California would clear up. We've had nothing but rain and clouds for weeks.
Kinda depressing.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
that sounds like a great idea! only, i have no camcorder.
but hey...at least i can bump this thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
El Cid, i'm sorry to hear that, but you'd be surprised at the low cost of a camcorder picked up from a local pawnshop. My goal would ultimately be to get 100 members to participate, but more would be even better. Tell me what you think!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Not a bad idea at all id say if you set a tripod up and pointed the camera at the sky and left it on all day and all night youd eventually catch something. Id do it if i had a videocamera, i might rent one though.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with a harmless thread bump.

Seriouslly, i think this project could pay off. Ideas?

new topics

top topics

join