It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes, the father can "abort" their responsibility just like women can. Then they are not beholden in any way shape or form to care for the pile of cells ever after.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Scientifically speaking, why does life suddenly arise where no life was before after the first trimester?

What is life, but some manufactured thing we humans have created. Two cells are life... A sperm and egg is life also, so generalizing about life I must say I killed million last time I had sex. So the question is when do we want to put the line in the sand to when we say complete human since we are dealing with a zygote that is a ball of cells called a blastocyst that gets implanted in the uterus to still be a ball of cell but we call it an embryo now. That this ball of cells start to grow and starts to form all the organs, brain, nervous system etc over the next 11 weeks to be called a fetus which is about the point we can say all the functionality is finally human.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I support abortion if a woman is raped or it's due to incest or if the mother's life is in danger. But those aren't gonna go full term or even close. They'll usually schedule a procedure the moment they find out they're pregnant.

But but.. How can you give up one life for another? Its all or nothing as it seems you are willing to do Caesar method of thumbs up and down depending on the situation and that is hypocritical.

edit on 16-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Can a 1 year old survive on their own? I guess they aren't alive either.

Actually it was suggested that abortion could go to about age 4...

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think first trimester is a reasonable time period. If people have this done, they need to be responsible about it.

I agree 100%, I feel first trimester is the responsible choice. After that it should only be to complications. If the woman is willing to carry the fetus for a long time then they should be willing to just give birth for adoption.

Hopefully one day our elected officials can come together and get some legislation that will do it's best to find compromise.

Just because I think there should be a right for a woman to responsibly have access to abort a pregnancy doesn't mean I advocate that as the option. Obviously the best option is to prevent it in the first place. But no preventive measure is 100%.

We have a lot of problems in this country, and we don't need to keep wasting time every few years addressing this.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

I think first trimester is a reasonable time period. If people have this done, they need to be responsible about it.

Scientifically speaking, why does life suddenly arise where no life was before after the first trimester?

I'm trying to be pragmatic about it.

Life is difficult, there is no black and white. Abortion isn't our only problem, and no matter your stance on when "life begins", there are lots of preventable deaths in our country, and outside our country related to us we have to look at as well. In an ideal world we all try our best to minimize on all fronts, some people are more selective on which ones they're willing to take a stab at (lol).

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That is sickening to me.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

How about tying it to the emergence of consciousness as the brain of the fetus develops.
You probably still wouldn't be able to narrow it down to more than *during the second trimester* but it would offer an alternative to the life begins at conception argument.
You could even make an religious argument about it, Gods divine spark in man and all that.
edit on 16-5-2019 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Men get to have a say?! Brother it’s *only men* passing these laws.

And if you want to talk about manning up then let’s also make child support mandatory w a heartbeat along with half the medical expenses incurred up to and including the birth.

Bunch of hypocrites want to talk about caring about life, until the kid is born, then you don’t want it and it’s mother’s to have Medicare/Medicaid, you don’t want them to have contraceptives, you don’t want sex ed taught, them you pass bull# laws and are surprised and angry that unplanned pregnancies happen.

You put all the blame on women. And you have the nerve to suggest men are *kept out* if the loop?! They’re the only ones avoiding the loop!
edit on 16-5-2019 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

Um, excuse me.

You forgot to drop the mic before you walked away.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: TheRedneck

Should be many a happy American Christian on the back of this law made by men

Onward Christian soldiers marching out to war, yeah that sounds peacful, but the bible belt is happy now

I guess women will have no choice but to either go thru with pregnancy and possibly neglect the child due to it being unwanted (how many christians will be taking in these unwanted children) or they will have a back street unsafe procedure carried out, sounds like progress

Or they can choose to be responsible. OMG, the horror.

Are we really in a free nation when our government tries to regulate sex?

There is no full proof contraception, and mistakes happen. We already have a host of societal problems, if this spanned nation wide it would throw gas on the brush fire.

That could go for anything. Are we really free because we have laws? The government isn't trying to regulate sex, they're saying have all the sex you want, but when you wind up pregnant due to the consequences that come with having sex, you're gonna have that baby and either raise it or put it up for adoption since murdering it is illegal.

I think plenty of people agree there is an acceptable time period to abort a pregnancy where you're not taking a life, but rather preventing one.

Life is experience through cognizance. There is a decent time window well before that happens that compromise can be met.

I certainly don't view a woman as a murder if she had an abortion in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm with you on that. Our time frames may be different but if it's done in a reasonable time then I don't see an issue. In the grander scheme of things, you'll never find me protesting an abortion clinic, I'm just on here giving my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Hey, I just don't want to see babies die because their mom and dad were irresponsible. Maybe we should sterilize the population until they can prove that they're ready to be parents and at least one of them can pass a good credit check, hold a steady job, and bring in a steady source of income capable of giving the child a good life. Then at least they'll have some initiative. Want a baby? It'll take more than a night of fun to get to that feat.

This is why I suggest this is all moot in 50 years when technology will be able to turn off everyone's reproductive systems and having a kid become a privilege and not a right. You actually apply for a kid while meeting all the stringent requirements. The fun part we can actually weed out any undesirables...lol

Exactly. It would beat the hell out of getting your nuts clipped, too. Imagine how barbaric that'll sound when the solution for no kids becomes a shot. They'll read our history books and see that we used to kill babies in the womb and have ourselves sliced open to have our reproduction systems cut short and cut out to keep from having kids. Wonder what the kids are gonna think about us...

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

LOL I'm sorry you *feel* that way; statements aren't stupid, or incorrect for that matter, just because you don't agree with them....

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yet men are excluded when the decision to have the child is being made. It is not fair to have someone decide that your child's fate is none of your business, until after it is born - then its all you. .

I'm single from time to time I decide to have a little fun. When me and a young lady decide to have a good time, the consent implied is that we'll have "relations", but not a child. If something were to go unplanned, my view is the choice is hers. It's her body, if she doesn't want a child, I understand. If she morally couldn't go through the procedure and told me she was going to have the kid, I'd understand and do what is required of me.

Consent of sex is not consent to have a child.

Edit: I hedge my bets by knowing the women I get involved with. We're typically on the same thinking plain.

That is great if you don't want any input in your child's future. Most men want a say in their childs future when a pregnancy, planned or otherwise, is known. Just because we won't carry the child does not mean we won't love it or want a say in its future. And that includes whether it is born or not. It takes two to create a child, it should take two to make all the relevant decisions regarding that child's life.

Technically...................................we carried the child first...

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Metallicus

If my wife wants to abort our child, that is our business. And that is the way it is in Asia. American minds are twisted due to their own selfishness of their own way of how the world should be

I actually believe murder should be against the law, but if you want to live in a world where people can just decide to off someone because it is more convenient then have at it I guess.

I guess now you understand human nature at its point of survival. It is how the human mind works. Woman wants no child, it gets aborted. That is how it works in the real world of survival.

China wants no child. It aborts woman's child. That's how it works (or worked until very, very recently) in some places in Asia too.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

If my wife wants to abort our child, that is our business. And that is the way it is in Asia. American minds are twisted due to their own selfishness of their own way of how the world should be

I actually believe murder should be against the law, but if you want to live in a world where people can just decide to off someone because it is more convenient then have at it I guess.

I guess now you understand human nature at its point of survival. It is how the human mind works. Woman wants no child, it gets aborted. That is how it works in the real world of survival.

Actually in real nature, if the female doesn't want to get knocked up by the male, she rejects him. Only humans decide they want the sex and then go out and murder the child when they realize they dun gone and effed up.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

That makes as much sense as a serial killer on death row whining about being in prison, which, ironically, these pro-choicers want laws changed so that his evil life can continue while the innocent children can be legally killed simply for being a burden due to easily avoidable consequences. I'm still trying to figure out how we got to this unAmerican point.

We can apply this to everything then. You are a little over weight so accept the consequences that we will not pay for your own failures with medical support. You speed so accept the consequences that your car is taken away, you do poorly in school and accept the consequences of starving...so on and so on...seems everyone gets a break except for those evil people who do not want to put burdens on themselves or society... Also remember that in over 20% of abortion birth control was used, so what about them?

That's absolutely right. When we make our bed, we have to sleep in it. Women know if they're late on their period. If it was me and I didn't want a kid, I'd be buying my girl a Plan B just in case. Other than that, my opinion still stands on if there's a heartbeat, that baby is alive and I don't think they should have their life taken away. They should get a fair shot. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: TheRedneck

Have you thought about how the actions of the right will energize the left to come out in mass to vote in the next election?

I don't know, but don't you think the left should have thought of that before they passed the murder on demand bill in New York and Virgina tried to up the ante with a governor who even said the woman could get the baby murdered after it was born if she'd intended to have it aborted?

I think it's the same thing, don't you?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I support abortion if a woman is raped or it's due to incest or if the mother's life is in danger. But those aren't gonna go full term or even close. They'll usually schedule a procedure the moment they find out they're pregnant.

But but.. How can you give up one life for another? Its all or nothing as it seems you are willing to do Caesar method of thumbs up and down depending on the situation and that is hypocritical.

Same reason the driver of a car jacked vehicle doesn't get arrested after a high speed chase when the police realize he or she was driving with the car jacker's gun aimed at his or her head.

If she was raped, she didn't willingly have sex. I hate it for the innocent child, but sex wasn't a choice for the mother. And if her life is in danger due to complications of the pregnancy, it's either her or the baby. I'm not the hypocritical type, what I'm saying isn't hypocritical.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I see. So if I happened to be very far along pregnant and some random thugs beat my within an inch of my life and I lose the baby as a result, a baby I desperately wanted ... There should be no recourse to any justice for that because, according to you, that almost to term baby isn't human?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join