It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

No feelings were hurt, you just made some really stupid comments.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Can a 1 year old survive on their own? I guess they aren't alive either.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: LSU2018

That's your opinion.

Right now, the law of the land doesn't see abortion as "murder". Neither does it see self defense, the death penalty or civilian collateral damage in police and military actions as murder.

It should be premeditated murder.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yet men are excluded when the decision to have the child is being made. It is not fair to have someone decide that your child's fate is none of your business, until after it is born - then its all you. .

I'm single from time to time I decide to have a little fun. When me and a young lady decide to have a good time, the consent implied is that we'll have "relations", but not a child. If something were to go unplanned, my view is the choice is hers. It's her body, if she doesn't want a child, I understand. If she morally couldn't go through the procedure and told me she was going to have the kid, I'd understand and do what is required of me.

Consent of sex is not consent to have a child.

Edit: I hedge my bets by knowing the women I get involved with. We're typically on the same thinking plain.

That is great if you don't want any input in your child's future. Most men want a say in their childs future when a pregnancy, planned or otherwise, is known. Just because we won't carry the child does not mean we won't love it or want a say in its future. And that includes whether it is born or not. It takes two to create a child, it should take two to make all the relevant decisions regarding that child's life.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Life is experience through cognizance. There is a decent time window well before that happens that compromise can be met.

I certainly don't view a woman as a murder if she had an abortion in a reasonable amount of time.

Almost 90% is prior to 8 weeks with most after 8 weeks are do to complications. It take up to 4 weeks to figure out one is pregnant in the first place so to be honest I would think a woman would want the shortlist period of time possible and not carry for 6 plus months then abort, and that is what the statistics show in once a woman finds out they are pregnant it is only a couple of weeks and they abort if that is their choice.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: LSU2018

No one really thinks abortion is murder.

Would you personally stand by as a business down the street murdered toddlers??

I doubt it...

If you terminate the life of an unborn human baby, why wouldn't it be homicide or murder?

No, but obviously some people would stand by as toddlers were murdered.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Sookiechacha

My God...

You know, I can't even get angry with you. You poor thing.

That's pretty much what my first reaction was, too.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

That makes as much sense as a serial killer on death row whining about being in prison, which, ironically, these pro-choicers want laws changed so that his evil life can continue while the innocent children can be legally killed simply for being a burden due to easily avoidable consequences. I'm still trying to figure out how we got to this unAmerican point.

We can apply this to everything then. You are a little over weight so accept the consequences that we will not pay for your own failures with medical support. You speed so accept the consequences that your car is taken away, you do poorly in school and accept the consequences of starving...so on and so on...seems everyone gets a break except for those evil people who do not want to put burdens on themselves or society... Also remember that in over 20% of abortion birth control was used, so what about them?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
One of the things that bothers me most, for there are many, is that men are excluded from the decision making process. It has been a well-known fact for a very long time that the father plays an important role in the child's life. There are attorneys making tons of money fighting for fathers rights in divorces. The father has no less than 18 years of financial responsibility for a child. A fathers love is immeasurable, just as a mothers is. Yet men are excluded when the decision to have the child is being made. It is not fair to have someone decide that your child's fate is none of your business, until after it is born - then its all you.

It's sounds to me like you're upset because you can't force a woman to have an abortion.

If you wanted the baby and she wants the baby, there's no problem, right? But, if she wants it, and you don't, it's all your responsibility. "It's all you". Therefore you should have a say and be able to force her to abort, right?

Conversely, if she doesn't want it, and you do, you think you should be able to force her carry your baby, right?

So, in the end, you think it should be all you, right?

That is not what I am saying but I understand why you came to that conclusion.

My concern over the father's rights is more to the reverse of what you stated. When the mother wants to have an abortion and the father doesn't. Where are his rights in that equation? Its his child too. And the reverse is also true. If she wants to keep the child and he doesn't. Is it fair for him to be on the hook financially for the next 18 years? Again, he should at least have a say in the matter. I say that with the understanding that the pregnancy was not planned. 18 years of financial responsibility is a heavy price to pay for a mistake.

In the end, it seems to me that there is a double standard in play here. If there is an unplanned pregnancy and the man wants no part in it, he is the bad guy. If there is an unplanned pregnancy and the man wants to be part of his child's life but the woman decides otherwise, he is the bad guy. The women make all the decisions but the man, who has no say in the matter, is the one who gets jailed if he fails to fulfill his financial obligation. Jail time for something you had no say in from the start is pretty hard to accept.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think first trimester is a reasonable time period. If people have this done, they need to be responsible about it.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Life does not begin because it does not end. At no time is the child, fetus, embryo, zygote, fertilized egg cell, sperm, or unfertilized egg cells not alive.

That can not possibly be said with enough emphasis.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If the Supreme Court states determines that states have a right to ban abortion, I wonder how many here will accept the ruling.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Amazing how that's worked.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not my supreme court!! [/sarc]

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

That is great if you don't want any input in your child's future. Most men want a say in their childs future when a pregnancy, planned or otherwise, is known. Just because we won't carry the child does not mean we won't love it or want a say in its future. And that includes whether it is born or not. It takes two to create a child, it should take two to make all the relevant decisions regarding that child's life.

10% are teens, with the vast majority are single mothers and poor, so where does your logic fit in that most women who elect to abort are not people we typically would want to have kids, make good life decisions or expect them to lead a positive life in caring for a child?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Even an egg and the sperm are alive. They just are not unique living individuals. I don't get how some people think these living cells are not alive, and spontaneously become alive at some random point.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

I think first trimester is a reasonable time period. If people have this done, they need to be responsible about it.

Scientifically speaking, why does life suddenly arise where no life was before after the first trimester?

link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I agree that there is a double standard when it come to father's rights. The solution isn't to curtail women's rights, but to allow men the right to have "legal abortions" too.

link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Preaching to the choir, brother.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I agree 100%, I feel first trimester is the responsible choice. After that it should only be to complications. If the woman is willing to carry the fetus for a long time then they should be willing to just give birth for adoption.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join