It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: LSU2018

I don't consider either one a punishment.

If it's a forced consequence, when preferred alternatives are available, it's punishment.
Abortion is also a responsible a choice, regardless of your opinion.

That makes as much sense as a serial killer on death row whining about being in prison, which, ironically, these pro-choicers want laws changed so that his evil life can continue while the innocent children can be legally killed simply for being a burden due to easily avoidable consequences. I'm still trying to figure out how we got to this unAmerican point.

Every action has consequences and you're responsible for your own actions. You knew sex could lead to pregnancy but you did it anyways. You knew that cheating on your significant other would have consequences but you did it anyways. You knew lying to your parents would have consequences but you did it anyways. The consequences are nobody's but your own and you're going to have to live with them. And when I say "you," I'm speaking in general, it's not directed at you, Sookiechacha.
edit on 16-5-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The saddest part to me is this isn't the seventies. You can't have a kid for a few thousand dollars. It costs between 10,000-30,000 dollars.

I'd venture to guess most of the people having the abortions are uninsured. We could add insult to injury and berate them for that during the most scared part of their lives. All because they wanted to take an hour of their time away from their hard existence and enjoy themselves (or two minutes if my "charm" works).

The taxpayers will likely take that bill, along with the assistance afterwards.

On top of that, the children will enter a rough existence to parents who didn't want them.

All of this for a political feud and "win" for many, a legitimate moral and ethical concern for some.

Because a minority of the population wishes to dictate the choices available for the whole country.

edit on 16-5-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Every action has consequences and you're responsible for your own actions.

Getting an abortion is taking responsibility.

these pro-choicers want laws changed so that his evil life can continue while the innocent children can be legally killed simply for being a burden due to easily avoidable consequences.

Roe V Wade is the law of the land. Pro-choicers are not trying to change the law. Right wing religious nut jobs are trying to change the law and remove the fundamental civil rights the law provides.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Yeah because teenagers are always responsible, lots of teenage pregnancys on the horizon, watch for the stat to rise thru the roof in the next few years, dam irresponsible teenagers, having unprotected sex

I dont think myself and my partner would consider abortion at our age but i also would not push my nose into someone elses life commitments to being a parent

Hey, I just don't want to see babies die because their mom and dad were irresponsible. Maybe we should sterilize the population until they can prove that they're ready to be parents and at least one of them can pass a good credit check, hold a steady job, and bring in a steady source of income capable of giving the child a good life. Then at least they'll have some initiative. Want a baby? It'll take more than a night of fun to get to that feat.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: TheRedneck

Should be many a happy American Christian on the back of this law made by men

Onward Christian soldiers marching out to war, yeah that sounds peacful, but the bible belt is happy now

I guess women will have no choice but to either go thru with pregnancy and possibly neglect the child due to it being unwanted (how many christians will be taking in these unwanted children) or they will have a back street unsafe procedure carried out, sounds like progress

Or they can choose to be responsible. OMG, the horror.

Are we really in a free nation when our government tries to regulate sex?

There is no full proof contraception, and mistakes happen. We already have a host of societal problems, if this spanned nation wide it would throw gas on the brush fire.

That could go for anything. Are we really free because we have laws? The government isn't trying to regulate sex, they're saying have all the sex you want, but when you wind up pregnant due to the consequences that come with having sex, you're gonna have that baby and either raise it or put it up for adoption since murdering it is illegal.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

What about rape??

It incest.. exc..

They didn’t choose to have sex, but if abortion is illegal they a child is forced upon them by the state.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The saddest part to me is this isn't the seventies. You can't have a kid for a few thousand dollars. It costs between 10,000-30,000 dollars.

I'd venture to guess most of the people having the abortions are uninsured. We could add insult to injury and berate them for that during the most scared part of their lives. All because they wanted to take an hour of their time away from their hard existence and enjoy themselves (or two minutes if my "charm" works).

The taxpayers will likely take that bill, along with the assistance afterwards.

On top of that, the children will enter a rough existence to parents who didn't want them.

All of this for a political feud and "win" for many, a legitimate moral and ethical concern for some.

Because a minority of the population wishes to dictate the choices available for the whole country.

You would think they would be smart enough to think twice, or use safe practices, with prices like that.

FWIW, nothing wrong with two minutes....

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Every action has consequences and you're responsible for your own actions.

Getting an abortion is taking responsibility.

Killing your kid because he or she is a burden isn't taking responsibility. That's as irresponsible as it gets.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

That's your opinion.

Right now, the law of the land doesn't see abortion as "murder". Neither does it see self defense, the death penalty or civilian collateral damage in police and military actions as murder.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Rightly or wrongly these are the number to consider PER YEAR

State Abortion Statistics

Alabama will have an extra populous of 8000+ each year which is 12% of all state pregnancies, thats a lot (but not the most*), of course though all the parents will be responsible and pay the way for the child, i mean when you get preganant with your first boyfriend he will always stick around

Is America considering rivalling China for populous as the way to engage in future wars, cos thats a lot of mouths to feed.

*Some states its over a 1/3 of all preganacies which are aborted

Rightly or wrongly just some numbers

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

No one really thinks abortion is murder.

Would you personally stand by as a business down the street murdered toddlers??

I doubt it...

link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

What about rape??

It incest.. exc..

They didn’t choose to have sex, but if abortion is illegal they a child is forced upon them by the state.

I support abortion if a woman is raped or it's due to incest or if the mother's life is in danger. But those aren't gonna go full term or even close. They'll usually schedule a procedure the moment they find out they're pregnant.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I guess you think that of every and all women who opt to terminate their unwanted pregnancies.

No. No, I don't.

I had to take a break. The words you said just kept running through my mind. "A baby is a punishment." It's no wonder we are so screwed up as a society. It's no wonder we have kids shooting up schools. It's no wonder we have kids having teenage sex. It's no wonder we have kids joining gangs and becoming druggies and committing suicide.

My God...

You know, I can't even get angry with you. You poor thing. It must be hell itself to think that your existence was a punishment foisted on another. I'm going to pray for you... you may not like that, but you need it, desperately. I hope you can come to peace with your existence. You are not a punishment... you are a person.

May God bless you.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have to back out... I'll be back in a while.

Gotta get my head around this...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Is it truly alive if it can't survive on it's own?

Seriously?

How can you possibly conflate these two states?

Normally, something could not attempt to survive unless it was alive in the first place. Throughout the animal kingdom, humans included, young that cannot survive on their own are CARED FOR until they can. It can be argued that unborn humans are simply in greater need, since they are both alive and lack the ability to survive without being cared for.

welfare = "usually intended to ensure that the poor can meet their basic human needs"

Everyone on welfare must be dead to you, lol.

edit on 16-5-2019 by ChaosMagick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I never said that my mother was forced to give birth to me. This isn't about me, so stop tryin to make this personal.

Forcing a woman to give birth to an unwanted child because "you" don't approve of her behavior is making the child and parenthood a punishment. There is no denying that.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The abortion issue loses a lot of elections for the right.

The 2nd amendment issue loses a lot of elections for the left.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The abortion issue loses a lot of elections for the right.

The 2nd amendment issue loses a lot of elections for the left.

That's because independents don't care much about partisan "wins".... They just want the government to stop going after liberty.

This issue may activate some of the base, but it's going to swing some votes as well.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Should be many a happy American Christian on the back of this law made by men

Onward Christian soldiers marching out to war, yeah that sounds peacful, but the bible belt is happy now

I guess women will have no choice but to either go thru with pregnancy and possibly neglect the child due to it being unwanted (how many christians will be taking in these unwanted children) or they will have a back street unsafe procedure carried out, sounds like progress

Or they can choose to be responsible. OMG, the horror.

Are we really in a free nation when our government tries to regulate sex?

There is no full proof contraception, and mistakes happen. We already have a host of societal problems, if this spanned nation wide it would throw gas on the brush fire.

That could go for anything. Are we really free because we have laws? The government isn't trying to regulate sex, they're saying have all the sex you want, but when you wind up pregnant due to the consequences that come with having sex, you're gonna have that baby and either raise it or put it up for adoption since murdering it is illegal.

I think plenty of people agree there is an acceptable time period to abort a pregnancy where you're not taking a life, but rather preventing one.

Life is experience through cognizance. There is a decent time window well before that happens that compromise can be met.

I certainly don't view a woman as a murder if she had an abortion in a reasonable amount of time.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Hey, I just don't want to see babies die because their mom and dad were irresponsible. Maybe we should sterilize the population until they can prove that they're ready to be parents and at least one of them can pass a good credit check, hold a steady job, and bring in a steady source of income capable of giving the child a good life. Then at least they'll have some initiative. Want a baby? It'll take more than a night of fun to get to that feat.

This is why I suggest this is all moot in 50 years when technology will be able to turn off everyone's reproductive systems and having a kid become a privilege and not a right. You actually apply for a kid while meeting all the stringent requirements. The fun part we can actually weed out any undesirables...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join