It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

So it's not alive? Really? That is verifiably untrue, it is 100% alive. That can't even be argued.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

It's awesome that you had that choice. And I commend you for making it.

However not everyone has that choice. Like a friend of mine that was drugged and then raped. Who did not know that she was pregnant until it was too late. This is why women need that ability to choose for themselves to have an abortion. This isn't just about people being irresponsible. This is also about women that were victimized.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Does anyone get it now? Men get to have a say in the country's laws as well. How many more states are going to try and fight it out for the toughest anti-abortion law? Will it take a Constitutional Amendment to declare that the unborn have rights too? How far will you set the country back in order to have free sex without consequences? that is what this is all about, after all is said and done.

You've already lost Roe vs. Wade. I guess we'll see how far you are willing to go.

TheRedneck

I don't find Missouri as more restrictive than Alabama as both Missouri and Georgia are both heartbeat( 6 weeks) bills and Alabama is basically all abortions.

You have been very vocal about men's rights but I do not see what you feel those rights should be. I'm assuming you are pro life, so is that to suggest that the man should have a say as to whether the baby is born or not? That is a tough path when we are still talking about it being all about the mother's physical health and I'm not sure if the man should have any say there if she wants to abort and the man doesn't. I do feel that the man should have the right to whether they want to "support" or not and in this case the mother elects to keep the baby, but the father elects to abort and so waves all rights and responsibilities if the mother follows through with the birth.

So the four scenarios are as follows.

1. Woman and man both want an abortion = abortion
2. Woman wants an abortion, man wants to keep = abortion, or if the woman elects to have the baby for the man she gives up all rights and responsibilities
3. Woman wants to keep, but man wants an abortion = baby is born, but the man gives up all rights and responsibilities
4. Both want to keep = baby is born and both have all rights and responsibilities for the child until 18

edit on 16-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Except that every time someone brings up a pro choice stance, that what it boils down to:

"you want to murder babies!"

"You don't care about life!"

"it's all about lack of responsibility!"

"It's nothing but birth control for lazy people!"

Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but there's a saying about facts vs. feelings............ Can't remember exact verbatim

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Is it truly alive if it can't survive on it's own?

Debatable. And we derailing this discussion.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why is it ok for a woman to kill the child she's responsible for, but if the father of the child punches her in the stomach and she loses the baby, he goes to jail for killing her unborn child?

Because a bunch of pro-lifers who wanted to push the "fetal personhood" issue, saw an opportunity to move because some guy killed his pregnant wife, Lacy Peterson, and the GWBush administration enacted The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004.

So why does the irresponsible mother get the privilege of legally killing her child?

Why do you think children and parenthood should be a punishment for behavior you don't approve of?

I don't consider either one a punishment. If you think having a child is punishment then why would you be voluntarily irresponsible with the one single thing that causes pregnancy?

Then I hear everyone bitch about adoption and welfare. My dad had 4 siblings, all born between 1947 and 1955 when federal help for married, but separated, mothers was scarce. His dad left his mom when he was 3. She couldn't take care of all 5 kids so she sent him off to live with the neighbor and sent his two older brothers off to live with two other families. These families took the kids in with no questions asked and took care of them. His mom kept his sister and younger brother. All of them stayed in the same school district and all were well cared for. That's how things were done before people expected to be pampered by everyone else and had to do for themselves. My grandmother wasn't perfect, but she did what she had to do and never aborted any of her kids, and they HAD to be a burden to feed and keep clothed.

But that was back when women really were tough and people did what they had to do to survive and accepted things they may have considered a mistake and/or burden.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Here, let me one up this.

A sperm cell is half of the necessary ingredients to make a human with rights.
Anytime a male ejaculates and the sperm is killed before becoming a baby, that is then born, it is half of a murder.
The charges and fines are equal to half of an illegal abortion per sperm cell.

So... Any male who ejaculates, ballpark figure, 50 million sperm cells (lowballing)...

So, that's 25 million illegal abortion charges, per orgasm, people.

If you ejaculates into a womb, and one becomes a baby, you get 25 million illegal abortion charges, minus one.

All men with working and functioning tackle are guilty of Hitler level atrocities, daily.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
One of the things that bothers me most, for there are many, is that men are excluded from the decision making process. It has been a well-known fact for a very long time that the father plays an important role in the child's life. There are attorneys making tons of money fighting for fathers rights in divorces. The father has no less than 18 years of financial responsibility for a child. A fathers love is immeasurable, just as a mothers is. Yet men are excluded when the decision to have the child is being made. It is not fair to have someone decide that your child's fate is none of your business, until after it is born - then its all you.

It's sounds to me like you're upset because you can't force a woman to have an abortion.

If you wanted the baby and she wants the baby, there's no problem, right? But, if she wants it, and you don't, it's all your responsibility. "It's all you". Therefore you should have a say and be able to force her to abort, right?

Conversely, if she doesn't want it, and you do, you think you should be able to force her carry your baby, right?

So, in the end, you think it should be all you, right?

Thanks for that enlightening post. That common core thought process is how we got to the point that opening the door for a female stranger walking in behind you can be seen as offensive because she thinks you're only doing it because she can't do it herself. Makes me wonder how many ladies at my son's daycare consider me a misogynist ass hole instead of a gentleman when I open the door for them if they're right behind me.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Should be many a happy American Christian on the back of this law made by men

Onward Christian soldiers marching out to war, yeah that sounds peacful, but the bible belt is happy now

I guess women will have no choice but to either go thru with pregnancy and possibly neglect the child due to it being unwanted (how many christians will be taking in these unwanted children) or they will have a back street unsafe procedure carried out, sounds like progress

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

It's awesome that you had that choice. And I commend you for making it.

However not everyone has that choice. Like a friend of mine that was drugged and then raped. Who did not know that she was pregnant until it was too late. This is why women need that ability to choose for themselves to have an abortion. This isn't just about people being irresponsible. This is also about women that were victimized.

You won't hear anyone who is pro-life argue that a rape victim shouldn't have access to abortion. I fully support that, and when the mother's life is at risk. If a bill like this passes, I'm sure people will claim to be rape victims to get abortions, just like people break other laws via loopholes, but it's still a law that should be passed.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Onward Christian soldiers marching out to war, yeah that sounds peacful, but the bible belt is happy now

I guess women will have no choice but to either go thru with pregnancy and possibly neglect the child due to it being unwanted (how many christians will be taking in these unwanted children) or they will have a back street unsafe procedure carried out, sounds like progress

Or they can choose to be responsible. OMG, the horror.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I don't consider either one a punishment.

If it's a forced consequence, when preferred alternatives are available, it's punishment.
Abortion is also a responsible a choice, regardless of your opinion.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Yeah because teenagers are always responsible, lots of teenage pregnancys on the horizon, watch for the stat to rise thru the roof in the next few years, dam irresponsible teenagers, having unprotected sex

I dont think myself and my partner would consider abortion at our age but i also would not push my nose into someone elses life commitments to being a parent

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You won't hear anyone who is pro-life argue that a rape victim shouldn't have access to abortion.

Except every legislator and the governors of Alabama, Georgia and Ohio.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Plan B is not an abortifacient. If implantation has taken place the fetus will not be aborted.

Plan B is just a high dose birth control pill that makes the uterus hostile to implantation of a fertilized egg.

Now you can still make the argument that birth control is an abortifacient as well. Some people do. But technically speaking, it is not classified as an abortifacient because it will does not interfere with an implanted fertilized egg, that is why there is a time limit for its effectiveness.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Or they can choose to be responsible. OMG, the horror.

Are we really in a free nation when our government tries to regulate sex?

There is no full proof contraception, and mistakes happen. We already have a host of societal problems, if this spanned nation wide it would throw gas on the brush fire.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Here, let me one up this.

Maybe after you take a biology course. Until then, you just one-downed me.

Er. make that 1000-downed. You went somewhere below reality.

Hell, you went below fantasy...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

If it's a forced consequence, when preferred alternatives are available, it's punishment.

That's actually the best argument you've made for abortion so far. My GOD the horror of trying to grow up with you as a parent! Would be something born from the mind of "Halloween"...

Are you able to look in the mirror without hating yourself? I couldn't.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Women have a choice about whether they want to have a baby or not. The time to make that choice is before they engage in behavior that may create an unwanted outcome.

They can't complain that they have a right to how they choose to use their bodies and then demand that society pays for their choice.

The life that their irresponsible behavior created, is the one that did not have a choice, and it is the one that society is forced to have to make a decision for.

Pregnancies that happen through no choice by the woman is not what is at the foundation of this problem and I agree there should be allowances made in those circumstances.

An unwanted pregnancy made because of irresponsible behavior or an avant-garde attitude should not be the burden of the public. Nor should the public have to pay for the death of the life that they don't want.

I am a female. I was once young and a bit on the wild side. I came from a family of ten sibling. I knew the consequences of raging hormones unchecked. I didn't want an oops, therefore I was diligent in my actions and behavior to avoid that calamity.

If a woman feels strongly about not wanting children, strong enough to decide to destroy that life before it is born, they should feel strongly enough to prevent that life from ever being conceived.

edit on 16-5-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's actually the best argument you've made for abortion so far. My GOD the horror of trying to grow up with you as a parent! Would be something born from the mind of "Halloween"...

Are you able to look in the mirror without hating yourself? I couldn't.

TheRedneck

I guess you think that of every and all women who opt to terminate their unwanted pregnancies.

A women doesn't suddenly become altruistic, saintly and motherly because she's pregnant. Sometimes, women don't want to be mothers. Sometimes mothers don't want any more children. Forcing a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term, when a safe abortion is preferred, because you don't approve of their behavior, is punishment.

This argument: "You don't want a baby? Keep your legs shut! Don't have sex! Otherwise, you have that baby, slut!" Is calling for the punishment of women for having sex by forcing them to give birth to unwanted children.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join