It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Virginia.

Keep up.

TheRedneck

Please cite the Virginia law that allows a woman to demand and receive an abortion, while her fetus is viable.

Otherwise, you're perpetuating Trump's blatant and dangerous lies.

edit on 16-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
LMAO look, if we're going to go the fallacious route of "abortions are birth control", then we can go the equal route of "conservatives are pro-birth, not pro-life".

If they were pro life, they would give a flying F about the kids after they're born, but no..... as soon as they're born, they're off your love list. You want to force government upon people ( that you claim to hate) to force children to be born (that you claim to care about), and then denounce welfare programs which would be needed once the child is born (hypocritical much?), blame everything on the mother for bringing a child into this world (which they didn't want and couldn't handle in the first place, but it's you that forced the child to be born), all because having sex signs some magical, unwritten agreement of consent to have a kid (who's your drug dealer? obviously i'm being cheated) even if the birth control fails (which according to "science loving conservatives - can you smell the irony? I can - NEVER fails..... contrary to reality.)

Here's what it comes down to: both pro-birth (let's call it what it is, stop living in denial) and pro-choice (did you know it's possible to be pro-choice and still have kids? myself and my wife are shining examples that apparently don't exist in the eyes of conservatives, you're either for the birth of every child, or your hell-bent on killing all of them, apparently...... Jesus Christ, you people are mental) are both 2 sides of a hypocritical coin; There is no way EITHER side can justify their stance, as precedent, case law, and science give evidence to BOTH stances...... No matter what, whether you're for or against, you have to completely ignore laws, definitions, rights, science, etc., just to arrive at your personal preference.

And that's all it is at the end of the day: personal preference.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

originally posted by: musicismagic
If my wife wants to abort our child, that is our business. And that is the way it is in Asia. American minds are twisted due to their own selfishness of their own way of how the world should be

Protecting babies is pretty twisted.....

How many unwanted babies have you adopted?

The right is sure funny.."we want to protect babies"..untill after they have been born. At that point..we don't take kindly to social programs and so on.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: LSU2018

Ah, you're still a young'un! My first foray into politics was Watergate and the Nixon resignation. I was amazed he could get away with so much so easily.

Of course, we were all primarily Democrat voters back then too... didn't start voting for Republicans until Reagan showed up. Come to think of it, the DNC chose the wrong Carter... I might have voted to give Billy a try.

TheRedneck

Yep! I almost shat myself when my mom, who has been a staunch Conservative all the 40 years of my life, told me she voted for Jimmy Carter. She said "Awe yeah, we all voted for Carter back then, and then we realized our mistake a couple years into his term. Then we all voted for Reagan." I was talking to another friend of mine who is my mom's age and grew up 23 hours northeast in Jersey and he told me it was the same way for him as well. A Carter voting democrat who turned Reagan in '80. So I know exactly where you're coming from even though I was born in Carter's last year as pres.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Why is it ok for a woman to kill the child she's responsible for, but if the father of the child punches her in the stomach and she loses the baby, he goes to jail for killing her unborn child?

Because a bunch of pro-lifers who wanted to push the "fetal personhood" issue, saw an opportunity to move because some guy killed his pregnant wife, Lacy Peterson, and the GWBush administration enacted The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004.

So why does the irresponsible mother get the privilege of legally killing her child?

link   

originally posted by: vonclod

If my wife wants to abort our child, that is our business. And that is the way it is in Asia. American minds are twisted due to their own selfishness of their own way of how the world should be

The right is sure funny.."we want to protect babies"..untill after they have been born. At that point..we don't take kindly to social programs and so on.

If you're going to use this stupid logic, then you can't be for gun control unless you've been shot. You can't be against drunk driving unless a drunk hits you. You can't be for abortion unless you've been pregnant.

link   

There's also Michigan.... and probably a dozen other states.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Ever heard of personal responsibility? That would eliminate most unwanted pregnancies.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Good luck with that..how many babies you adopt?

I hate to post and run but work calls..my personal responsibility.
edit on 16-5-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
One of the things that bothers me most, for there are many, is that men are excluded from the decision making process. It has been a well-known fact for a very long time that the father plays an important role in the child's life. There are attorneys making tons of money fighting for fathers rights in divorces. The father has no less than 18 years of financial responsibility for a child. A fathers love is immeasurable, just as a mothers is. Yet men are excluded when the decision to have the child is being made. It is not fair to have someone decide that your child's fate is none of your business, until after it is born - then its all you.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

No one thinks pro choice means you want every baby aborted, stop lying.

Your post is one giant fallacious rant.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

How many homeless do you take in? If you don't you must want them to be killed too. In your world it's not possible to want them to live and not want to personally pay for their life.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Why is it ok for a woman to kill the child she's responsible for, but if the father of the child punches her in the stomach and she loses the baby, he goes to jail for killing her unborn child?

Because a bunch of pro-lifers who wanted to push the "fetal personhood" issue, saw an opportunity to move because some guy killed his pregnant wife, Lacy Peterson, and the GWBush administration enacted The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004.

So why does the irresponsible mother get the privilege of legally killing her child?

Why do you think children and parenthood should be a punishment for behavior you don't approve of?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

There's also Michigan.... and probably a dozen other states.

Please cite the law. I don't believe you.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yet men are excluded when the decision to have the child is being made. It is not fair to have someone decide that your child's fate is none of your business, until after it is born - then its all you. .

I'm single from time to time I decide to have a little fun. When me and a young lady decide to have a good time, the consent implied is that we'll have "relations", but not a child. If something were to go unplanned, my view is the choice is hers. It's her body, if she doesn't want a child, I understand. If she morally couldn't go through the procedure and told me she was going to have the kid, I'd understand and do what is required of me.

Consent of sex is not consent to have a child.

Edit: I hedge my bets by knowing the women I get involved with. We're typically on the same thinking plain.
edit on 16-5-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You do know how babies are made, right?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You do know how babies are made, right?

Yes.

But I'd say 99% of the time a baby isn't the objective of the act.

So I think it's a fair statement to say consent of sex and consent of a child are different.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
One of the things that bothers me most, for there are many, is that men are excluded from the decision making process. It has been a well-known fact for a very long time that the father plays an important role in the child's life. There are attorneys making tons of money fighting for fathers rights in divorces. The father has no less than 18 years of financial responsibility for a child. A fathers love is immeasurable, just as a mothers is. Yet men are excluded when the decision to have the child is being made. It is not fair to have someone decide that your child's fate is none of your business, until after it is born - then its all you.

It's sounds to me like you're upset because you can't force a woman to have an abortion.

If you wanted the baby and she wants the baby, there's no problem, right? But, if she wants it, and you don't, it's all your responsibility. "It's all you". Therefore you should have a say and be able to force her to abort, right?

Conversely, if she doesn't want it, and you do, you think you should be able to force her carry your baby, right?

So, in the end, you think it should be all you, right?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

How many illegals live with you? How many criminals have you bailed out of jail? It shouldn't offend you that I support the life of an unborn child, your ridiculous comments about adoption aside.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's a very good question.

How do we define that.

IMO. Not truly until it can survive outside the mother.

But that's not the point of this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join