It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

States had the right to legislate on abortion before 1973. Their abuses are what caused the Supreme Court to take up Roe V Wade. Back alley abortions were a public health threat, and society realized that women were going to continue to seek abortions whether or not state laws allowed for clean and safe abortions.

Roe V Wade ruled that a woman's autonomy and right to decide whether or not she wants to remain pregnant is a fundamental civil right. Civil rights are federal and not decided on a state level. Therefore, the 14th Amendment, which guarantees equal protection under the law, applies across the board in all of the United States.

What you're advocating is going back to pre-Roe V Wade. letting states' rights abridge and unduly burden women's access to civil rights, violating the 14th Amendment: "No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States".

Seeing the laws that these states are trying to pass, it's clear that they don't deserve those "rights". They haven't learned anything from Roe V Wade. They're perfectly willing to restore the shame and peril of back alley, unsafe and unclean, abortions, creating another public health risks for their female population.

edit on 16-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Trump 2020 will be the first time I have ever voted for a Republican.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I have a hard time believing that you are pro life. When you use words like selfish and personal responsibility. You are pro life as long as you don't have to take care of that life after it's born.

And let's not even say you're pro life. Pro Fetus maybe. But not truly pro life.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Late term abortions happen. I never said that they didn't. But, partial birth abortions are illegal. Late term abortions are not, and for good reason.

Late term abortions happen when the fetus isn't viable. They don't happen because a woman had a fight with her baby daddy, or lost her job. They happen because of extreme medical situations.

The only time a baby is "ripped" from a woman at term, as Trump likes to complain, is when a C-Section is being employed. C-Sections aren't abortion.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

So a fetus is not alive?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Then you should have no problem with a law stating it's illegal for a viable fetus.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Today's 'right' is yesterday's 'middle.'

I should know. I used to be called a liberal.

TheRedneck

Indeed. And the more the democrats swing that pendulum to the left with their ignorant progressive views, the more those now considered moderate become right.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Then you should have no problem with a law stating it's illegal for a viable fetus.

That's already the law. Where is it legal, in the USA, to abort a viable fetus?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Seems to be a recurring theme. Welcome to the club!

TheRedneck

I was never political and didn't care about politics until I turned 21 and watched ABC, NBC, and CBS blatantly lie about George Bush, saying things like he shouldn't be qualified because he never served in the military and people were lying for him, blah blah blah. That's what got me involved in politics. And in 2016, I'd never seen so many non-political people get involved after the same media lied over and over about Trump. Crazy how that works.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

If it's not legal, you should have no problems codifying that in law.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's already codified into the law. Show me an example of one US state that allows a woman to abort a viable fetus on demand.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You're splitting hairs over the term "partial birth." The truth is that the child is injected with a poison to stop its heart, then ripped into little pieces and pulled out bit by bit. And yes, they happen for many reasons, including some just to "get even" with a boyfriend, and can occur the day of delivery.

You can call that mahajuanita for all I care. It's still murder.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Why is it ok for a woman to kill the child she's responsible for, but if the father of the child punches her in the stomach and she loses the baby, he goes to jail for killing her unborn child? Why is it ok for a woman to go out and irresponsibly have sex, get pregnant, and decide a kid would be a burden so kills the child, but Harry has a bad day and kills this woman and goes to jail for a double homicide?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Ah, you're still a young'un! My first foray into politics was Watergate and the Nixon resignation. I was amazed he could get away with so much so easily.

Of course, we were all primarily Democrat voters back then too... didn't start voting for Republicans until Reagan showed up. Come to think of it, the DNC chose the wrong Carter... I might have voted to give Billy a try.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Virginia.

Keep up.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Why is it ok for a woman to kill the child she's responsible for, but if the father of the child punches her in the stomach and she loses the baby, he goes to jail for killing her unborn child?

Because a bunch of pro-lifers who wanted to push the "fetal personhood" issue, saw an opportunity to move because some guy killed his pregnant wife, Lacy Peterson, and the GWBush administration enacted The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004.

link   
dbl post

link   

Why does the NHS spend over a million pounds a week on repeat abortions?

Holy crap. Use some common sense.
Multiple abortions arent uncommon. Maybe you should just do your own research before making such assumptions that repeat abortions arent a thing, they are.

Here's a whole study conducted on the factors of women who have already had abortion and why they would most likely get another.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Am I missing something here? Is abortion just a one time deal? Or are you just being picky as hell with the words I used, and cant use critical thinking skills to have a conversation?

link   

originally posted by: grey580

I have a hard time believing that you are pro life. When you use words like selfish and personal responsibility. You are pro life as long as you don't have to take care of that life after it's born.

And let's not even say you're pro life. Pro Fetus maybe. But not truly pro life.

I'm pro self responsibility. When my wife and I discussed having a child, we went over all of our bills and expenses and prices for formula, diapers, wipes, and medicine to estimate what we would be spending in a 6 month period so we could save up enough money to cover everything in case she had to go on bed rest or had other complications and couldn't get back to work for 6 months. Of course I would continue working so that would be extra income on top of what we saved. THEN we took the next step. As it turned out, I took her to her last checkup and her blood pressure was too high so they admitted her and she had our baby 2 days later and spent 3 weeks at home before coming back to work. That's how being responsible works. Before that, and after, I didn't and haven't used unsafe methods because we didn't want a kid and don't want another one. Had she gotten pregnant at any time before we were prepared, we would've done whatever it took to make sure we could handle a(nother) child. Whether it meant working a second job or overtime for 6 moths or so. You dig?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Now this is just he way I see it, so take it for what it's worth. . .

The people who are against rights for the unborn sure sound like the people who wanted to keep slavery, wanted to deny civil rights, wanted to deny the woman's right to vote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join