It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
If my wife wants to abort our child, that is our business. And that is the way it is in Asia. American minds are twisted due to their own selfishness of their own way of how the world should be

In America it is her business, not your business. You get no say. That's not actually the pertinent question, the real question is when does life begin.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: TheRedneck

That has led to late-term, even partial birth abortions becoming more commonplace.

Partial birth abortions have been illegal in the USA since 2003. en.wikipedia.org...

And, was upheld by the Supreme Court in 2007.

The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act passed 64-34 in the Senate on October 21, 2003. Voting “yes” in favor of the bill were 17 Democrats and 47 Republicans. Voting “no” against the bill were 30 Democrats, 3 Republicans and 1 Independent. Not voting were 1 Democrat and 1 Republican.

Some of those who voted against the bill...

Senator John Edwards: “With the stroke of a pen, President Bush just let every women in America know that his political ideology comes first, and her health comes last.”

Senator Joseph Lieberman: “Today, the President signs into law a bill that lets the political agenda of right-wing Republicans override the rights and health of American women.”

Senator Barbara Boxer: It is “a very sad day for women in America.”

Senator Hillary Clinton: “This bill is not only ill-advised, it is unconstitutional.”

And Democrats have fought tooth and nail to reinstate it ever since.

So nice try but... no

link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
If my wife wants to abort our child, that is our business. And that is the way it is in Asia. American minds are twisted due to their own selfishness of their own way of how the world should be

This isn't about Asia or the rest of the world. It's about one state deciding whether or not people can kill something that is a burden on them, and a consequence of what they KNOW happens when safe methods aren't used for sex.

link   
a reply to: strongfp

Where do you draw the line between the moral and ethical reasons for pro life and the medical science and evolutionary survival tho?

If you understood the science at all, you would not even ask such a silly question.

Life does not begin because it does not end. At no time is the child, fetus, embryo, zygote, fertilized egg cell, sperm, or unfertilized egg cells not alive.

The same argument applies to being human. At no stage is any component of reproduction not human.

A unique life-form is created at conception, when the DNA acquires a unique combination of genes.

Those are facts. Cold, hard facts that will exist whether or not you want them to. Viability is less factual; to some it might mean being able to survive outside the womb, while to others it means likely to successfully survive pregnancy in a healthy form. Sentience, my personal yardstick, is when the child can experience and react to pain. If there is no brain, no spinal cord, no major organs developed, then there can be no sentience, no pain, and therefore no harm to a child.

I do not know exactly when sentience begins; no one does. It is not a scientific yardstick but a moral one. However, since my opinion does not matter, we have to talk about what us poor uneducated and ignorant men can understand... and that's when it is a unique human. So your own movement to disenfranchise men means we have to outlaw all abortions.

Funny how that works...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You can't get pregnant more than once? You are thinking far to literal here.

If someone has an abortion, recovers and then gets pregnant again a few months later. And then aborts it under the same circumstances is that one abortion or two? Is it multiple or singular abortions?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Technically a woman can have an abortion within the first month. And more than once. According to the law.

I don't care what the law says about that. Technically no woman can have more than one abortion per pregnancy.

You do know what an abortion is, right?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: musicismagic

More than that is the logistical situation...

Incest, rape , life of the mother..

Coat hanger and other at home remedies..

And all while the same people who are pro-life, are also anti-welfare... lol

And the same people who are pro-choice are anti-death penalty.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Aborting a baby is now as easy as buying a candy bar:

Campus vending machines offer emergency contraception

Plan B

There is one thing about the Universe I have absolute faith in. And this is people will continue to copulate and have babies.

You're preaching to the choir. Plan B is available everywhere so if you go off and get laid without protection, go get a Plan B pill just in case. It isn't going to hurt you if you're not pregnant.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

So nice try but... no

...Yes

And, in 1973 a Republican majority Supreme Court ruled on Roe V Wade. It's the law now. Just like the prohibition on partial birth abortion is law. Regardless of who voted against it and who still opposes the law, Roe V Wade is the law of the land, and so it the ban on partial birth abortion.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

From your own link:

In response to this statute, many abortion providers have adopted the practice of inducing fetal demise before beginning late-term abortions. Typically, a solution of potassium chloride or digoxin is injected directly into the fetal heart using ultrasound to guide the needle. This is often done by providers who do not perform intact dilation and extraction procedures (as well as by those who do) because they feel the broad wording of the ban compels them "to do all they can to protect themselves and their staff from the possibility of being accused".

It still happens. They just kill the baby before tearing it to pieces. Try to keep up.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: strongfp

The only criteria is to detect a heartbeat? So women can get as many abortions as they want within the first month?

I don't see a problem with that. That's when fertilization is taking place so if you stop it in its tracks then go for it. Killing a human with a heartbeat, however, should be seen as murder. There are people that go to jail for a long time for pushing a pregnant woman down or hitting her if she loses the baby. So why does she have the right to kill a living child, but others don't?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

First off, I'm pro choice, so sorry to burst your bubble there.

why do you think you are bursting a bubble, you made a comment about the law 'riling the left', which suggested that if you are left leaning you are more likely to be pro choice, that's why I asked the question.

People scream about "a woman's right to her body" but forget that she should give that right up when willingly performing a sexual act that could result in a pregnancy.

That's just your opinion which is fine, but best to remember that it's just your opinion. It also doesn't assume safe sex was performed but for whatever reason failed (ie, the condom tore)

As for my rights to my body as a woman, I can't ask for money for sex so I guess it really isn't my body after all.

Well, it's a buyers market... oh, you meant legally? Isn't that a topic for a different thread?

I can't even walk around in public with no shirt on and a man can... what's up with that?

One of the ironies of life.
edit on 16-5-2019 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2019 by uncommitted because: typo

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

If someone has an abortion, recovers and then gets pregnant again a few months later. And then aborts it under the same circumstances is that one abortion or two? Is it multiple or singular abortions?

OK, I stand corrected. You don't know what an abortion is.

Not the place to explain it. Luminari could do a better job than me anyway.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Have you thought about how the actions of the right will energize the left to come out in mass to vote in the next election?

Why, because states are voting for their own rights? Lol, that was one of the things Trump talked about on his campaign trail. Not to mention, Hillary had the second most votes in election history. If you don't think the media and Hollywood had democrats energized then you don't know what "energized" means. And the further left the democrats go, the more we see moderate dems coming over to the right or middle.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You can get repeat abortions...

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

The forced birth extremists are getting out of hand.

Implementing basically Sharia Law in our country.

But murdering an innocent child due to being a burden on your selfish life isn't part of Sharia Law?

It's amazing how backwards people are on this. We're fighting for the life of a child while you fight to be able to kill one, and you think we're the bad guys. Personal responsibility shouldn't be hard.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Today's 'right' is yesterday's 'middle.'

I should know. I used to be called a liberal.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Please sit down before you hurt yourself...

Lumenari, I know you're doubled over from hysterical laughter, but we could use some education over here, STAT!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I used to be a liberal too, now I am an extremist right, even though my views have not changed at all.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Seems to be a recurring theme. Welcome to the club!

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join