It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Motherhood, giving life to a new person, is now subhuman.

My God...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: musicismagic
If my wife wants to abort our child, that is our business. And that is the way it is in Asia. American minds are twisted due to their own selfishness of their own way of how the world should be

I actually believe murder should be against the law, but if you want to live in a world where people can just decide to off someone because it is more convenient then have at it I guess.

I guess now you understand human nature at its point of survival. It is how the human mind works. Woman wants no child, it gets aborted. That is how it works in the real world of survival.

How is that one child system working out for you?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Your god, indeed
I don't believe in any of them or the notion divinity instills a soul at conception.

What I said in no way suggests mothers that choose to have children are subhuman. I'm pro-choice... as in the choice to become a mother. One position grants the freedom to become a mother, and the other forces her into it. I think liberty trumps coercion, and honors motherhood much more than the latter.

In the context of a pregnant girl/woman forced to carry, whose pregnancy was the result of rape, we are saying that other peoples opinions and the action of the assaulter is worth more than her bodily autonomy.

What I find "my god" about this scenario is that we are preventing the girl/woman the ability to stop the fetus from getting to the point where it's a "new person". There is no sentience at conception. The cerebral cortex is the last thing to mature during gestation. She has opportunity to abort prior to the "new person" point in development, but that's completely overlooked by people with a religious notion of a 'divine spark' or an utterly ill-informed understanding of fetal development and neuroscience.
edit on 19-5-2019 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

No kidding

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: 1point92AU

1. Liberals will begin a migration out of this state and will select other states where their liberal views are supported.
2. Less liberals will relocate to this state because it does not support liberal views on abortion.

Sounds good to me. We have enough people who are afraid to fight for their beliefs... don't need no more.

I find it ironic such bills like this are able to easily pass into law yet somehow during the midterms these states were miraculously posting unscrupulously high votes for democrats.

That's because you seem to think everything revolves around political party. It does not.

TheRedneck

Uh...are you even reading what I wrote? Mid-term elections are about nothing BUT a political party. My point was how can an election be so closely contested and yet a bill like this pass with ease?

It was and continues to remain a political hot button issue driven 100% by political parties. Not sure what your trying to debate here.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Your god, indeed
I don't believe in any of them or the notion divinity instills a soul at conception.

That is your right. However, it is disingenuous to conflate a statement of incredulity to a religious imperative.

In the context of a pregnant girl/woman forced to carry, whose pregnancy was the result of rape, we are saying that other peoples opinions and the action of the assaulter is worth more than her bodily autonomy.

I think you will find that, except for the caveat of not waiting until the child is ready to be born to do the deed, most would agree with you. The argument is not that there should not be exceptions; the argument is that those exceptions should not be abused.

There is no sentience at conception. The cerebral cortex is the last thing to mature during gestation.

As someone well-versed in neuroscience, I would think you would realize that the cerebral cortex does not fully mature until the approximate age of 25. That is after birth, and if we are using full maturity of the cerebral cortex as a yardstick, would mean that abortion could take place until age 25.

Yes, that is a ridiculous position; however, I also consider it ridiculous to believe that there is any substantial difference between 2.5 seconds after birth and 2.5 seconds before birth. Those 5 seconds make practically no difference, but are now being used to justify homicide nonetheless.

She has opportunity to abort prior to the "new person" point in development, but that's completely overlooked by people with a religious notion of a 'divine spark' or an utterly ill-informed understanding of fetal development and neuroscience.

With the exception of rape, every woman who has ever got pregnant had a choice. Every man who ever got a woman pregnant had a choice. Children do not appear out of some magical fog; they are created by specific actions taken by both the man and the woman.

Since you seem to think in a religious sense, even Mary, the mother of Jesus, the only woman to ever become pregnant without intercourse with a man, was given a choice. She just said "yes" when the angel asked her.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Uh...are you even reading what I wrote? Mid-term elections are about nothing BUT a political party. My point was how can an election be so closely contested and yet a bill like this pass with ease?

No, no elections are only about party... at least they should not be and are not to me (and that is a prevalent attitude here). If that is what you believe, you cannot understand the positions taken in Alabama.

It was and continues to remain a political hot button issue driven 100% by political parties. Not sure what your trying to debate here.

I am telling you that you are incorrect. This is not political to me, nor is it religious. It is a matter of societal responsibility to care about others, and I do not make the distinction between the moment after and the moment before birth that many do.

If it were political I would have no problem with executing progressives, but I certainly do have a problem with that idea. The existence of life has nothing to do with which political party that life belongs to.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Just because you believe something isn't political doesn't mean it's not political. That's like you saying rain isn't wet when the rest of the planet knows it is.

Since it's inception into politics abortion has and will always be a political hot button because that's what "they" intend it to be. If you think for a second that beliefs on abortion are not tied directly to political parties then I'm not sure what to tell you.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

"They" do not control what I think. You seem to be going along with the flow though. Maybe that's a lot of the problem.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join