It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ok, so the law isn't as draconian as El Salvador, Nicaragua abortion laws. It would have political suicide to not make an exception for rape cases.

Dude , Give it the Puck UP Already , Fish ain't Bitin' Anymore............

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I don't know what your problem is besides being unable to answer questions without acting idiotically cryptic, but it is your problem.

Not mine.
edit on 17-5-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Deliberately DENYING a Conceived Human Being's Existence into " Our Physical World " , is Not Only Considered a Personal " Sin " by Christians and Other Faiths , but it Also is a Grievous Affront to Human Beings in General who Fervently Believe in the Sanctity of ANY Life that Exists on Our Planet Earth . Those Who Propose that Abortion is Somehow Something that should be left Solely up to the Individual Involved if the Extenuating Circumstances that might Justify it are just not taking into Consideration the Profound Impact such a Mindset could have on Future Generations of People on this Planet , and is Personally Very Disturbing to me...................... " Fella " Madam , Whatever " .

We have a heath care crisis, a poverty problem, a welfare issue, people rushing our boarders, and an infatuation for war.

In the end we spend more than we take in.

We could limit it to first trimester and focus on balancing the budget and revisit it.

All of which equals a spending crisis.

Abortion sucks, but taking it away will only make matters worse.

We have to find compromise to fix it. This winner takes all bs just results in both sides all or nothing betting just so it gets reversed.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Your Alleged " Question " is just PURE BS . Get it Gimmesomtin' ....... Add Hominid and Stir.........
edit on 17-5-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
love all these people who think a woman can just be pregnant and out pops a happy healthy baby.
news flash heres a list of things that can and do go wrong in pregnancy some with faal consequences, pregnancy and labour are not walks in the park.
prolifers are treating pregnancy like a punishment for enjoying sex, heres a fact, contraceptives are not 100% effective, sex can be non consensual, a fetus or zygot is not a baby.
but most of all remember these names Savita Halappanavar, Valentina Milluzzo and Sheila Hodgers, because with your new laws you will be adding more names to an ever growing list of women who died after being denied abortion, but i suppose the fetus/baby lived, no wait it died to. totally worth the smug self satisfaction of knowing your right and those pesky women got their comeuppance for enjoying sex for a few minutes

Gestational diabetes
Hyperemesis gravidarum
Pelvic girdle pain
High blood pressure
Deep vein thrombosis
Anemia
Infection
Peripartum cardiomyopathy
Hypothyroidism
Fetal and placental problems
Ectopic pregnancy
Miscarriage
Placental abruption
Placenta praevia
Placenta accreta
Multiple pregnancies
Vertically transmitted infection
Intrauterine bleeding
General risk factors
Biological Risk Factors
Environmental Risk Factors
High-risk pregnancy

[sheila_Hodgers]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_Hodgers[/url]
savita
italian woman denied abortion

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I read an article that said Alabama shot down the exemption for rape on this bill. Is that true?

An amendment to exclude rape cases was offered and rejected... seems there was this concern about all sexual activities resulting in unwanted pregnancies being called "rapes" and a lot of otherwise innocent boys going to prison just for having sex.

You know, because by any means necessary...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

love all these people who think a woman can just be pregnant and out pops a happy healthy baby.

That's how it works in most cases. Not all, of course, but most.

I love it how some people try to claim pregnancy is some terminal illness that must be cured by abortion.

news flash heres a list of things that can and do go wrong in pregnancy some with faal consequences, pregnancy and labour are not walks in the park.

What part of "except where the life of the mother is threatened" are you having problems with?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: kerrichin
What part of "except where the life of the mother is threatened" are you having problems with?

TheRedneck

The simple fact that sex isn't just for fun but the sole exercise for human reproduction is lost on most people. But oh my word how absurd of a thought. The fact the procreation be mixed in the act of sex... i mean... oh my word!

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I am not sure what to believe with the conflicting info I am getting, but I tend to believe you more than the other.

So, I think that is not going to bode well for Alabama's electorate. I am sure my pastor uncle and his family there will not support those willing to make rape victims carry full term.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

The purpose of the bill is not to limit abortions... it is to challenge Roe vs. Wade. Once that little poison pill is gone and relegated to the annals of best-forgotten history, an amendment allowing for abortion in bona fide cases of rape can be passed... and likely will be.

You do understand this is not a prohibition on abortion, right? it is a prohibition on performing an abortion. There is no penalty for anyone receiving an abortion... that is spelled out in black and white. The whole point is that Alabama has the right to regulate health care in the state and decide if procedures are allowed to be performed. Roe vs. Wade says that women may obtain an abortion, which denies the state the right to regulate medical procedures. It's bad law, forced into existence by a rogue Supreme Court, and set up to be almost impossible for the people to change through any means other than a Constitutional Amendment. Congress cannot dispute it by law, because it is specified as a Constitutional right... the President has no way to challenge it... whatever happened to checks and balances?

In the meantime, it completely solves the issue of taxpayer-funded abortion in Alabama. If a woman goes across a state line to receive an abortion, at least my Alabama taxes are not paying for it.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Incidentally, you can read the full text here for yourself.

www.al.com...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I know it is trying to get around Roe vs Wade but the law will probably be tied up in court for years, delaying enforcement and there is no guarantee the SC justices would take up the Alabama ban if it is struck down in lower courts. In the meantime the way it is written with no exception for cases like rape it will be very negative for the right and a rallying call for the left.

edit on 18-5-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Yup....

With all these issues people forget how hard it is to pass laws in America.. for everything that isn’t making a bunch of bigwigs crazy rich... it must have been a really big problem for both political factions to agree and pass something big...

Welfare.. how bad must it have been to pass something that big the first time??

Medicaid/care... how bad must it have been for the elderly ??

Food stamps... how many kids starving??

Abortion.....how many young girls with coat hangers did it take??

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Lol “the issue of tax payer funded abortion..” like anyone else is personally effected..

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Of course it won't go into effect. That's the point. I have already heard of one group trying to get the courts to block it. It specifically states it doesn't even go into effect for six months, for crying out loud! If this was about just forbidding abortions in the state, it would go into effect immediately.

I actually find it humorous that so many are thinking this law is intended to harm women. No. It's intended to take power back from the Federal government. While it is being debated and tried in court, there is plenty of time to pass a different bill that makes more sense... or, better yet, include some more exemptions. We just couldn't do that yet, because the law has to be struck down to have a shot at the Supreme Court.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Lol “the issue of tax payer funded abortion..” like anyone else is personally effected..

Alabama is one of the poorest states in the Union. We can't afford to subsidize abortion on demand. That money can be used for better schools, infrastructure, Medicaid...

You're one of those people who laugh at the poor for being poor, aren't you?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

No. It's intended to take power back from the Federal government. While it is being debated and tried in court, there is plenty of time to pass a different bill that makes more sense... or, better yet, include some more exemptions. We just couldn't do that yet, because the law has to be struck down to have a shot at the Supreme Court.

Laws like these are the reason Roe V Wade was necessary in the first place. States don't have a right to harm their citizen's and residents by violating their constitutional rights.

Now, states like Georgia, Alabama, Ohio, et al, are demonstrating that they are willing to put their citizens and residents in harms way again and violate the US Constitution. These states have demonstrated why Roe V Wade is necessary and how they cannot be entrusted to legislate women's reproductive medical issues beyond their rights enumerated in Roe V Wade.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It'll be OK Sookie.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yup...

If you’ve gotta risk the lives of innocent boys as well as the lives of the women involved so you can force them to carry to term.. so be it.. right???

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

But if you get your way, there will be no examples. Is the world better or worse without those great kids?

There is no "get my way" that is the reality of today, so your great kids from bad spots still happened did they not? What if for every person that does become successful there are 1000s that do not. The historical odds are that most will not do well and you want to suggest we might abort the one person who finds the cure for cancer. This is such a weird argument of yours to suggest we need to pop out babies to maybe get that one diamond in a ton of coal when if the couple actually used a rubber your diamond would have never happened either.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join