It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh no. You can speak to this.

Yes, I can. By demanding an end to all abortions, in a state which just legislated doing just that, I am now listened to. Two major threads that have finally acknowledged that this old redneck gets to have his say, anatomy notwithstanding. Isn't it amazing how the left seems to back down when things get out of hand for them?

Too bad they didn't want to listen when I was advocating reasonable restrictions.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Very few people want all abortions illegal.

And only those very few get the attention. Anyone else is told to sit in the corner and shut up while the atheist women are talking.

And somehow, people think this is a good strategy... strange.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Bloodworth

It is amazing how little pro lifers fight to protect a fetus..

We all like to claim violence is never justified, but killing babies is literally the best justification imaginable .... lol

But yet pro-lifers only seem to complain on Facebook...

Almost like none of them really believe it is murder

Puzzling post, pro lifers who dont believe its murder and need to do more?

Facebook might have pro lifers who believe in abortion????

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh no. You can speak to this.

Yes, I can. By demanding an end to all abortions, in a state which just legislated doing just that, I am now listened to. Two major threads that have finally acknowledged that this old redneck gets to have his say, anatomy notwithstanding. Isn't it amazing how the left seems to back down when things get out of hand for them?

Too bad they didn't want to listen when I was advocating reasonable restrictions.

TheRedneck

I think people may notice that you are just having a hissy fit because you feel you are excluded from the conversation. I really hope you are a little less childish in real life.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I think people may notice that you are just having a hissy fit because you feel you are excluded from the conversation.

Opinions are like teeth... everyboody's got one.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

I just do not understand what is the message this is trying to put forward. I don't think the 25 white men that voted on the bill that was sent to the governor are that religious, but I could be wrong.

As what was brought up in earlier posts that the man has no say, especially if he is the one that wants the abortion, I don't see how this would address that in anyway. Alabama is already below the national average compared to NY that is extremely above with 33% of all pregnancies there end in abortion, and boy that must be big business there. Alabama is a rather poor state so I don't think this is doing you any favors.

I do believe that there is a direct correlation to abortions and the reduction of crime. Freakonomics

The poorer a group is also means the more babies they have, and that is a world fact, so I personally do not want to force population growth on a group that can not take care of those children and so the children grow up under state care most of their lives and/or enter into a life of poor decisions their whole lives to include crime.

You think abortions are expensive, compare that to 18 years of state support followed by a revolving door into the penitentiary system and welfare.

edit on 17-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
If my wife wants to abort our child, that is our business. And that is the way it is in Asia. American minds are twisted due to their own selfishness of their own way of how the world should be

Your assessment is oblivious to American circumstances. You claim that in Asia it is "that is our business"

In America, the law dictates and most case law dictates that a mother has complete discretion in regard to birth or abortion.

Fact is it takes two to make a child regardless of whose body incubates said life.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

If abortion is murder there should be no exceptions.

When else do we say it is ok to murder a baby ?? Never..

Is it ok to murder a two year old born from incest??

Nope

Because abortion isn’t murder to anyone..

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Regardless of financial stability, it is still one person making a decision affecting the child of two people. Even if the mother is a teenager why does that mean the father has no say in what happens to his child? If she decides to abort the father has no say in the matter. If she decides to keep it the father is financially bound for 18 years and still has no say in the matter. Men are not just sperm donors with bank accounts. We are fathers who love our children just like their mothers do.

Courts are crazy anti male. I'm sure there are reasons in the past, but in the end the courts don't care, don't even care if you are the actual father. My friend had a girl friend who became pregnant and she said it was his. As a good person he took his responsibility and the court made him legally responsible for the child. When the child was about 2 years old, remember he doesn't really see the kid very much just pays for it, we had a DNA test done and it turned out he was not the father. The court didn't care...His only recourse would be to find the real dad and sue him for the 10,000s he been paying...

He paid child care for 18 years, and in the courts view they didn't care just cared the kid was being paid for by someone. So yes, males are just sperm donors with bank accounts...sorry to say.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

So how exactly logistically do you pull that off??

Require both DNA tests and the fathers permission??

What if the father is in question?

What if he cannot be reached??

That sounds good on paper but is impossible to implement

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: badwhiskey

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
One of the things that bothers me most, for there are many, is that men are excluded from the decision making process. It has been a well-known fact for a very long time that the father plays an important role in the child's life. There are attorneys making tons of money fighting for fathers rights in divorces. The father has no less than 18 years of financial responsibility for a child. A fathers love is immeasurable, just as a mothers is. Yet men are excluded when the decision to have the child is being made. It is not fair to have someone decide that your child's fate is none of your business, until after it is born - then its all you.

It's sounds to me like you're upset because you can't force a woman to have an abortion.

If you wanted the baby and she wants the baby, there's no problem, right? But, if she wants it, and you don't, it's all your responsibility. "It's all you". Therefore you should have a say and be able to force her to abort, right?

Conversely, if she doesn't want it, and you do, you think you should be able to force her carry your baby, right?

So, in the end, you think it should be all you, right?

Just playing Devil's advocate here but it seems to be more likely that the man wants to be absolved of 18 years of financial responsibility for a decision that only the woman can make - whether to keep or to abort...

Exactly. There is definitely a double standard. I think if a woman can choose to abort, a man should also have the choice to "legally abort".

Of course once born, "you" can't put that genii back in the bottle, legal abortion or not. That kid may seek ""you" out....or, "you" may find "yourself" emotionally tied, knowing you have an kid out there, maybe not. Just like a woman who chooses to give the kid up for adoption. It's still out there.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Your assessment is oblivious to American circumstances. You claim that in Asia it is "that is our business"

In America, the law dictates and most case law dictates that a mother has complete discretion in regard to birth or abortion.

Fact is it takes two to make a child regardless of whose body incubates said life.

In Asia can the man force his wife to have the child when she doesn't want it? Japan has a negative population growth, and women have become empowered over the last 20 years to be independent. Hell, Japanese men are becoming weaklings that coward away from relationships now. They actually have a name for it...

In China in the past the "our business" was to abort all females due to the one child law. In much of the rest of Asia abortions are too expensive for poor populations, so Asia is a totally different world when it comes to a topic like this.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Of course once born, "you" can't put that genii back in the bottle, legal abortion or not. That kid may seek ""you" out....or, "you" may find "yourself" emotionally tied, knowing you have an kid out there, maybe not. Just like a woman who chooses to give the kid up for adoption. It's still out there.

As I said the courts don't care...no choice...The only way to legally abort is to either have an abortion or give the baby up for adoption and both decisions rest with the mother.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So enough with the casual sex and the ignorance that sex isn't just for pleasure but for the continuance of humanity?

I thought so...
edit on 5/17/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

So enough with the casual sex and the ignorance that sex isn't just for pleasure but for the continence of humanity?

I thought so...

I don't think sex is stopping anytime soon. Women now have a new association group called "friends with benefits". Where the woman doesn't want any relationship just a good screw...Seems so less complicated in a world were many live very complicated lives. For the poor sex is one of their few free entertainments, so casual sex for entertainment isn't stopping there anytime soon.

To be honest, married couples have a ton more casual sex than single people, I personally know that...

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

No, but I have thought about the actions of the left and how it will create more turnout and defections.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

As I said the courts don't care...no choice...The only way to legally abort is to either have an abortion or give the baby up for adoption and both decisions rest with the mother.

It's a men's right issue. The law and the courts need to change, on that front, in my opinion.

I remember a case of a sperm donor ordered to pay child support. He offered his sperm to a lesbian couple, who later broke up. The women who had custody of the kid filed for public assistance. Because the donor didn't go through a sperm bank, that would have provided him legal protection, he had to pay up.

No good deed....

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So enough with the casual sex and the ignorance that sex isn't just for pleasure but for the continence of humanity?

I thought so...

I don't think sex is stopping anytime soon. Women now have a new association group called "friends with benefits". Where the woman doesn't want any relationship just a good screw...Seems so less complicated in a world were many live very complicated lives. For the poor sex is one of their few free entertainments, so casual sex for entertainment isn't stopping there anytime soon.

To be honest, married couples have a ton more casual sex than single people, I personally know that...

Is a married couple more apt to abort the consequences of their actions or abort it out of not being able to afford it?

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Can someone who knows the legality of the 'Morning after Pill' or something like RU486 in the State of Alabama please chime in? I'm sure if they are not legal, they are widely available on the internet. Although risky, less risky than the coat hanger approach as when you outlaw something that there is a demand for, you just create an underground black market weather it be drugs, alcohol, guns, abortion etc ...

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I am referring t the fact that it has become more than commonplace in any debate about abortion for a man to be told to shut up specifically because he is male. The same with Christians. Now add in the colleges where ANTIFA refuses to allow conservative speakers to speak, even when they are invited by students, and the campus police acquiesce to their threats of violence. Add in the regular cries of "RACIST!" (an extremely offensive term to us who remember actual racism) whenever someone suggests closing the southern border.

It's about more than abortion... abortion was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Silencing the opposition has become the modus operandi of the left. It stops with me, now. No more attempts to compromise with those who would gladly see me gagged from speaking out.

If that bothers you so be it. I am an American. This is my country too. Don't like it? Get the hell out and find your own.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join